Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

There's a rock gym at the bottom of the hill I live on. I went there with MrsPie many moons ago, and while I enjoyed it a lot, my hands hurt for weeks afterwards. I need to work up to that kind of thing since the only value I bring to work is expressing technical ideas via my fingers.

https://www.philarockgym.com/coatesville/

Edited by MattPie

There's a rock gym at the bottom of the hill I live on. I went there with MrsPie many moons ago, and while I enjoyed it a lot, my hands hurt for weeks afterwards. I need to work up to that kind of thing since the only value I bring to work is expressing technical ideas via my fingers.

I can only do about 3/4 routes before my forearms are like rocks. I can usually do another 3 spaced out a lot before I have to call it a day or risk injury. I got too confident when I climbed at the Barn weekly last year and did a dyno jump up to a rock. I caught it... but my body twisted sideways and I felt my elbow area tendons go "ohhh fu*k you". I fell a pretty good distance, landed funny and smashed my nose, bit my tongue and then had tennis elbow for 3 months. 

Eaasy does it haha 

I'd happily go a couple times and pay per visit. You'd have to rent shoes/harness/helmet every time. I'd have to rent harness/helmet. Plus it's a pretty good jaunt to get up there, so factor in gas... 

I spend about that on my aerial training, but I also essentially do it for free since I teach/earn it back. Wouldn't be able to do it otherwise. $60 is a ton of money to me now. 

Yeah. It's easier for me to just try to get back in to hockey since that is equipment I already own. Hard for me to start a new hobby right now. 

I think I would rather just go out and climb a mountain.

I want to do that too. I spend a lot of free time reading mountaineering stories. I'm absolutely enthralled by it. From hiking relatively small peaks in the NE USA to K2, Everest, Annapurna, Cho Oyu in the Himalaya, Aconcagua in the Andes... Mont Blanc in France, Denali in Alaska.  

But talk about money. Crampons. Ropes. Weather gear. Bolts. Carabiners. Harnesses. Gloves. Hours and hours of training and guided routes. Even just bouldering outside, the cheapest of climbing sports, is costly. Shoes, you'll want a mat for falling, chalkbags, time to get to bouldering places, and if you're like most boulderers I know, plenty of pot.

Apparently there's some good bouldering in the Niagara Gorge. Never got there this summer. Maybe next year! 

I want to do that too. I spend a lot of free time reading mountaineering stories. I'm absolutely enthralled by it. From hiking relatively small peaks in the NE USA to K2, Everest, Annapurna, Cho Oyu in the Himalaya, Aconcagua in the Andes... Mont Blanc in France, Denali in Alaska.  

But talk about money. Crampons. Ropes. Weather gear. Bolts. Carabiners. Harnesses. Gloves. Hours and hours of training and guided routes. Even just bouldering outside, the cheapest of climbing sports, is costly. Shoes, you'll want a mat for falling, chalkbags, time to get to bouldering places, and if you're like most boulderers I know, plenty of pot.

Apparently there's some good bouldering in the Niagara Gorge. Never got there this summer. Maybe next year! 

If you haven't, check out the Buffalo Outdoors Meetup. They do a bunch of hiking and climbing stuff.

When I signed up in late September 2011 I never thought that I would ever reach anywhere near 10,000 posts.

And yet, here we are.

This place and all of you guys and dolls are certainly awesome.  Thank you all.

Nice.

...but i prefer 9996. You said "tits."

I finally got my dog :)

She is a 2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She belonged to a vet/breeder that showed CKCS. This little girl has a nose too short for showing (and therefore too short to breed future show dogs) so she was living at a boarding facility. She’s super calm and very affectionate. Her favorite hobbies are chasing leaves (pictured) and gently stealing my wife’s shoes and bringing them to her bed.

She is a 2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She belonged to a vet/breeder that showed CKCS. This little girl has a nose too short for showing (and therefore too short to breed future show dogs) so she was living at a boarding facility. She’s super calm and very affectionate. Her favorite hobbies are chasing leaves (pictured) and gently stealing my wife’s shoes and bringing them to her bed.

Not seeing the picture.

The Tailgate design I did for 26 Shirts raised $2850 for the American Diabetes Association! That's some real money. 

Speaking of shirts, if there's any UB basketball fans around here, go to the men's home opener Saturday vs Canisius. The free shirt for Game of Thrones night was made by yours truly. 

AKjBAss.png

kQorASY.png

The Tailgate design I did for 26 Shirts raised $2850 for the American Diabetes Association! That's some real money. 

Speaking of shirts, if there's any UB basketball fans around here, go to the men's home opener Saturday vs Canisius. The free shirt for Game of Thrones night was made by yours truly. 

AKjBAss.png

kQorASY.png

That's really awesome, Josie.

It doesn't take long for them to train you.  :thumbsup:

AKjBAss.png

kQorASY.png

Is that shirt going to be for sale at all? Want.

Josie, consider the same design with your Eichel drawing instead of the UB Bull

I would but... laws.

Technically without his consent, I can't sell a likeness/image of a person in NY or a sports logo without fear of lawsuit. Not as big a risk with prints if y'all want prints but moreso for apparel. 

Someday d4rk and I will have a house with a messy shed or garage that we can put a mini screen printing setup in and I'll just make my own- a little sneakier than using sites like I currently have to. 

Plus- haven't y'all figured out that I'm kryptonite to anyone in Buffalo I paint??! :( Every time I do art of a Buffalo sports star, they get injured or just start a downslide.