Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Yeah, never should have done that Moulson shirt!

Fine here I spent 10 minutes he'll be gone... 10 weeks. They have to be positive paintings though. So... rock the flow, mo. 

....looks more like the b@stard lovechild of Jagr and Dave Grohl... oh well 

7znDETh.png

Edited by Josie914

I finally got a reserved parking spot at work!  This is kind of a big deal; over 10,000 people work at this facility and it's often hard to find an open spot to park.

Awesome! I have one too, it's at the back of the parking lot near the traffic signal; they reserved most of the row for me, in fact!

I potentially will be starting a new job at some point before the end of the year (unofficial offer made, need one more meeting with a CTO and a background check), which is great, but its going to be downtown, so I'll have to deal with waiting to get a parking spot in a ramp. Luckily I live close enough that I can take public transport, or even just bike there when its nice enough.

I potentially will be starting a new job at some point before the end of the year (unofficial offer made, need one more meeting with a CTO and a background check), which is great, but its going to be downtown, so I'll have to deal with waiting to get a parking spot in a ramp. Luckily I live close enough that I can take public transport, or even just bike there when its nice enough.

This is great news dude. Congrats. 

I'd like to be able to ride my bicycle to work again, but at 15 miles each way, while it's possible, it's not practical.

If I could reasonably do public transit/bicycle mix that would be awesome; I'd rarely drive.

MrsPie and I are angling to live close enough to where I work that we can drop a car. There are a bunch of mid-century houses that are a couple miles from work. At that distance, walking, round-about biking, or her dropping me off is a solid option.

So, tonight at my family birthday gathering, my dad hands me a Sabres Jersey.  #9 with OTT on the back.  Some of you may recall that I called the Ott-Roy trade.  At the time I told my dad it was a trade that should happen too.  When Ott got traded my Dad grabbed one of the Ott jerseys on the rack at clearance price and hung on to it for.... what, 4 years?  5?  He's been sitting on it all this time to give it to me.  Waited for my 50th.

I'm not much of a jersey guy anymore, but I'm wearing this one.

MrsPie and I are angling to live close enough to where I work that we can drop a car. There are a bunch of mid-century houses that are a couple miles from work. At that distance, walking, round-about biking, or her dropping me off is a solid option.

That would be awesome.  We'd like to move further north to get more into town, but we won't.  We're too settled in.  (Our house is almost paid for.)

Friendsgiving was a great success tonight. So nice to be living in my hometown again so we can do stuff like this with all my friends. I made candied yams and applesauce and both were excellent. My friends are all great cooks too. A nice way to start the holiday season.

Friendsgiving is better than actual Thanksgiving, and I love the latter

Rasberry pi came in the mail. Gonna pick up a monitor at black friday and start making a magic mirror. Pretty excited 

Back when hurricanes were slamming the islands, one of my former students did a fundraiser where if you donated to a charity that was helping out Puerto Rico or Florida or wherever, he would do a painting for you if you provided proof of receipt. 

Today he sent me the mostly finished piece, and it's beautiful. He was one of my best students and the one I did an independent study with to further his digital skills. I'm a proud teacher today. 

He asked what I wanted and I said, make sure it's something for your portfolio that you like/want to do, and throw in either a cicada or an armadillo. 

sUhiCPh.jpg

Here's his site for more: https://raymondmillerstudio.com/