Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

My wife and I are ready to get our first dog. I’ve always had a dog growing up, but we’ve been renting since college and never got one of our own. We’re looking at area shelters and have even filled out an application for one in foster care. Man am I ready to share the house with a four legged friend again!

My qualifications: must be housebroken so as to not pee on my brand new carpet

Her qualifications: must be cute and fluffy

My wife and I are ready to get our first dog. I’ve always had a dog growing up, but we’ve been renting since college and never got one of our own. We’re looking at area shelters and have even filled out an application for one in foster care. Man am I ready to share the house with a four legged friend again!

My qualifications: must be housebroken so as to not pee on my brand new carpet

Her qualifications: must be cute and fluffy

My wife has never had a dog in her life and never wanted one.  She was at our neighbor's house on friday.  They run a vet's office and were fostering a 6 year old labradoodle that a customer had to give up.  She absolutely fell in love with the dog, spent the whole time with the dog instead of with the other women who were having a book club meeting.  She was absolutely begging me all weekend that we need to get this dog.  I reached out to that neighbor yesterday and unfortunately, they're going to keep it since their kids have gotten very attached to it already.  I figured that would never be an option since they have two already, but apparently this dog sucks everyone in.

Dogs are awesome. Unfortunately, I have one that keeps biting his tail raw. So that pup is headed to the vet at 1 to see what the problem is. He's still awesome, just gotta stop hurting himself so he can be fully awesome again. (It's not fleas)

Maybe your dog is just emo.

5264986_orig.jpg

And on the awesome dog front:  My son brought the grandpuppy by on Sunday.  His dog and our dog play rough together.  My son's dog is about 2 and has all that puppy energy still, and our dog is an alpha male that needs to learn to chill.  So that wrassle a lot.  Sunday my dog injured his front leg and was barely putting weight on it, looking pathetic whenever he tried. We were worried a visit to the vet would be necessary but by last night he seemed to be doing much better.  So that was awesome.

"Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman". awesome book, although his attitude towards women is a little jarring, if period-correct. There's a nice chapter about how he gave weekly lectures in Buffalo for a few months at what's now Calspan, and became a regular at a bar down on Chippewa called "The Alibi Bar".

Nice write-up about the chapter and the bar:

http://www.pigeonroost.net/richard-feynman-and-the-alibi-room/

A crosspost from the Break A Sweat thread.  This is Hurricane Maxwell.  His owner just adopted him; he's a Harvey survivor.  He looks pretty good, but he's really all skin and bone.  Apparently he nearly starved to death in the aftermath of the storm.  He's very friendly though.  And I'm glad he got adopted.

5_-e8eZTzKEuXxFa2-AUrYaA62oMISoOJf70IJeA

"Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman". awesome book, although his attitude towards women is a little jarring, if period-correct. There's a nice chapter about how he gave weekly lectures in Buffalo for a few months at what's now Calspan, and became a regular at a bar down on Chippewa called "The Alibi Bar".

Nice write-up about the chapter and the bar:

http://www.pigeonroost.net/richard-feynman-and-the-alibi-room/

I've been looking for this book for a while, and found it in a thrift store for one dollar just this past weekend. I'm enjoying it a lot. 

Aside from the fact that it makes me feel worthless. 

I've been looking for this book for a while, and found it in a thrift store for one dollar just this past weekend. I'm enjoying it a lot. 

Aside from the fact that it makes me feel worthless. 

I've been reading it on Kindle; it's one of the free books if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.

His approach to things is somewhat like mine (without the brilliance), I tend to be more intuitive than methodical, which works most of the time but burns me a lot too.

A crosspost from the Break A Sweat thread.  This is Hurricane Maxwell.  His owner just adopted him; he's a Harvey survivor.  He looks pretty good, but he's really all skin and bone.  Apparently he nearly starved to death in the aftermath of the storm.  He's very friendly though.  And I'm glad he got adopted.

5_-e8eZTzKEuXxFa2-AUrYaA62oMISoOJf70IJeA

PUPPY!  Good on your friend for adopting him, and hope he gains some weight soon!

Mrs North and I have been married 15 years today and hasnt killed me yet. Pretty big accomplishment on her part... an effort in restraint... me I am just lucky and greatful for her partnership and undying love! :)

Congrats and happy anniversary!!! 

Mrs North and I have been married 15 years today and hasnt killed me yet. Pretty big accomplishment on her part... an effort in restraint... me I am just lucky and greatful for her partnership and undying love! :)

Congrats!!

We are approaching double that ... 29th on October 18th.

Mrs. NS has often said ... 'divorce never, murder maybe, but never divorce'.  I'll take that.

A very Happy Birthday to nfreeman.  A big one at that.

Hope it's great.

Also, we may not always see eye to eye on everything, but I do respect your opinions.

And a big thank you for your work around here in what must be a thankless job at times.  Again, I may not always agree with all that the mods do, but I do appreciate what you, chz and SDS do.

So my girlfriend is a genius with math sequences.  I'm serious.  There's like nothing she can't solve.  She also speaks 7 languages fluently.  It's a little annoying dating a freaking genius.  So I give her sequences, and she gets EVERY ONE.

Except this:

2, 7, 11, 14, 16, 18, ___.

We all know the answer is 39.

I'm having fun with this.

So my girlfriend is a genius with math sequences.  I'm serious.  There's like nothing she can't solve.  She also speaks 7 languages fluently.  It's a little annoying dating a freaking genius.  So I give her sequences, and she gets EVERY ONE.

Except this:

2, 7, 11, 14, 16, 18, ___.

We all know the answer is 39.

I'm having fun with this.

She just came up with 23.  She showed her work.  It made a damned ton of sense.  She justified the sequence and came up with 23.  The whole analysis involves a triangular grid.  

I can't win.  She's too smart.

EDIT:  She wants to show her work on here.  I told her that she has to make an account.  

SECOND EDIT:  I have been informed that I now am single. 

Edited by Eleven