Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I should have posted this Thursday, but you all were complaining.  

I woke up Thursday morning with an "ok to get it out of the house" vibe.  I don't know if it was a dream, or what, or whatever. The first thing I did that morning was reserve a van.

I DO know that I've had between 25-30 boxes of her stuff packed up since March 2014 (she died in January of that year, but I couldn't pack it up for a bit and obviously I've done nothing to move it out).  

I have a U-Haul ready to go tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I want it out of my house, our home, this building, whatever we want to call it.

May 9 am come quickly.

EDIT: PS:  I am going to feel AWESOME once it's done.

Edited by Eleven

I woke up Thursday morning with an "ok to get it out of the house" vibe. I don't know if it was a dream, or what, or whatever. The first thing I did that morning was reserve a van.

I DO know that I've had between 25-30 boxes of her stuff packed up since March 2014 (she died in January of that year, but I couldn't pack it up for a bit and obviously I've done nothing to move it our).

I have a U-Haul ready to go tomorrow. I can't wait. I want it out of my house, our home, this building, whatever we want to call it.

May 9 am come quickly.

EDIT: PS: I am going to feel AWESOME once it's done.

This is great news.

I woke up Thursday morning with an "ok to get it out of the house" vibe. I don't know if it was a dream, or what, or whatever. The first thing I did that morning was reserve a van.

I DO know that I've had between 25-30 boxes of her stuff packed up since March 2014 (she died in January of that year, but I couldn't pack it up for a bit and obviously I've done nothing to move it our).

I have a U-Haul ready to go tomorrow. I can't wait. I want it out of my house, our home, this building, whatever we want to call it.

May 9 am come quickly.

EDIT: PS: I am going to feel AWESOME once it's done.

:thumbsup: Always better when you can do that sort of thing in your own time, when you're ready. Much more cathartic that way. Good news, 11.

This is great news.

Sure is!  I'm actually up with anticipation rather than anxiety.

:thumbsup: Always better when you can do that sort of thing in your own time, when you're ready. Much more cathartic that way. Good news, 11.

I don't think there will be catharsis.  I think it's just freaking time.

I'm not sure what the wording is here. Way to go, Eleven! doesn't seem right. I'm just happy that you're happy about making this necessary step in the healing process.

I have a great life hack. How many of you have looked at the expiration date on your milk, noticed it was close to being "bad," sniffed the milk and went, "Ewww, time for this to go!"? Well, friends... I did this morning, except I poured the milk into a cup and smelled it. It was absolutely fine. And tasted fine in my cereal. Turns out it's the dried milk on the lid of the jug, or even the little plastic ring, that goes bad. You've been wasting a lot of milk, bucko.

http://www.britfloyd.com/the-band/angela-cervantes

Angela cervantes is freeking awesome, saw her sing with britt floyd, oh god dam, the entire room went silent.

Filled with Pink Floyd 50 + critics and me.     Oh man her voice, everyone stood up for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_fcuuOMFo

Don't think there are many singers in the world who can deliver it like her.

Angela cervantes is freeking awesome, saw her sing with britt floyd, oh god dam, the entire room went silent.

Filled with Pink Floyd 50 + critics and me.     Oh man her voice, everyone stood up for her.

Jesus, that was astonishingly good!  Excuse me while I go listen to it 18 more times.

1. My son's hockey team was 1-31-1 last year, they are 14-0-1 to start this year.  So much more fun for everyone involved.

2. Flying down a virtually empty I-95 this morning on the way home from a road game was great.  The drive was actually enjoyable.

Bringing the tank to youth hockey. I approve! Seriously though, cool to see the dramatic turnaround.

[snip]

Jesus, that was astonishingly good!  Excuse me while I go listen to it 18 more times.

Not a fan.

This is both awesome and around the NHL, so I'll put it in both. Always been a huge fan and hope it's nothing serious. Not that most cancer isn't serious. He's a fellow drag racer, it's one reason I like him, and he's always been one of the most underrated goaltenders.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/792939680702554112

Not a fan.

Not a pink floyd fan or don't like her singing ? Because I've seen her live on saturday and I can tell you, goosebumps man.  :D

And the older guys in my group who actually saw pink floyd live in the past said it themselves , she is as close as you can get to the original if not pretty much the same.

Edited by Huckleberry

Her voice.  I could see where it would be better live, but there are certain notes that just sound too high compared to the original.  I know she's doing a bit of interpretation of the piece using her own voice, and the higher notes are what turns me off (in short, it sounds "squeaky" to me).

Oh, and I've seen Pink Floyd live, albeit years ago, for whatever that's worth.

I went to the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon concert in the Aud I think it was around 1973. Great show. 1st half was their older material at the time and the 2nd half of the show was the album. The girl was awesome though I don't have a clue what her name was.

Her voice.  I could see where it would be better live, but there are certain notes that just sound too high compared to the original.  I know she's doing a bit of interpretation of the piece using her own voice, and the higher notes are what turns me off (in short, it sounds "squeaky" to me).

Oh, and I've seen Pink Floyd live, albeit years ago, for whatever that's worth.

Don't know, everyone in that room said it was pretty similar to the original.    My buddy who plays sax , knows a lot about music thought it was a tape at first.

When looking her up on youtube and hearing it , it doesn't sound as good as hearing her live trust me :P

Maybe you'll be lucky and they make a trip to N-A soon , their current tour is just in Europe.

But look them up Britt Floyd won't be disappointed if you are a fan trust me.

Just looked at it for you guys , they are playing in NY, 10th april, radio city music hall.

they played in Buffalo 12th april 2016 at shea's performing art center, so guess you missed them already :P

Tickets weren't so expensive either, only 50€ for a great show :D

Edited by Huckleberry

Filled with Pink Floyd 50 + critics and me. Oh man her voice, everyone stood up for her.

She's inside me ...

The intersection of song, mood, voice, expression ...

Edited by Neo