Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Howard Stern and various artists put together a tribute "album" for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles Revolver.  I think that the special airs next week, but he's been airing clips the past few days.  Grace Potter does a nice job on Good Day Sunshine, Jewel on Eleanor Rigby and Cheap Trick doing She Said She Said were some clips that I heard. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/howard-stern-details-all-star-tribute-to-beatles-revolver-w442971

Howard Stern and various artists put together a tribute "album" for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles Revolver.  I think that the special airs next week, but he's been airing clips the past few days.  Grace Potter does a nice job on Good Day Sunshine, Jewel on Eleanor Rigby and Cheap Trick doing She Said She Said were some clips that I heard. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/howard-stern-details-all-star-tribute-to-beatles-revolver-w442971

I'm certain you've listened to the 2007 film Across the Universe's sound track ..... sublime.

I'll never leave your pizza burning.

Go ahead, sing it. You know you want to.

I had to sing the song aloud to appreciate this :lol:

I swear ubkev, if you ruin my favorite song, you'll be doing Charlie work at the meetup

Edited by WildCard

And Zeppelin blows them both out of the water, musically.

Musically, I'm not sure. Zeppelin's thing was playing folk/blues/rock and taking every song up to 11 at some point, and I love them for it.

I think the Beatles were much more unique, incredible, and controlled in their approach to writing music. There's really nothing else like it.

Musically, I'm not sure. Zeppelin's thing was playing folk/blues/rock and taking every song up to 11 at some point, and I love them for it.

I think the Beatles were much more unique, incredible, and controlled in their approach to writing music. There's really nothing else like it.

Maybe I'm being rude/ignorant to the Beatles, because I've never liked them enough to really get into any of their stuff. But I've yet to see a band make things as diverse as tracks 2-7 on HoTH, and stay as mainstream as they did. Physical Graffiti was a complete masterpiece. I can't say any Beatles ballad impressed me as much as basically the only (power) ballad Zep did, in The Rain Song. 

I have utmost respect for what the Beatles did to music, but in a vacuum it doesn't impress me anywhere near as much as many other bands I listen to 

Music is subjective. That is why "the greatest band of all time" arguments are just silly, imo.

I like the Beatles. Could never stand the Stones (like, hate them). Would listen to Zepplin but they were never really a destination for me, but to say they are overrated is just nonsense. The Beatles and Zepplin changed they way music was written. The Stones were just a different form of Pop music.

Edited by SwampD

Music is subjective. That is why "the greatest band of all time" arguments are just silly, imo.

I like the Beatles. Could never stand the Stones (like, hate them). Would listen to Zepplin but they were never really a destination for me, but to say they are overrated is just nonsense. The Beatles and Zepplin changed they way music was written. The Stones were just a different form of Pop music.

Woah woah woah. If anyone was pop music it's early Beatles. Stones are rock and blues