Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

haha Yes!

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls...

Typical Yinzer.

Eleven is being 100% factual.

Would you believe that *I didn't even know* I was being 100% factual?  I mean, I knew about the naval commander, and about the musician, but I did NOT know, until reading what you wrote and checking it out, that the musician named himself after a movie about the commander.

Not exactly like discovering that your friend is actually your biological brother, but still pretty weird.

My wife just texted me.  She's invited friends over and is making hors D'oeuvres and mulled cider, both of which she does awesomely.  I'm not getting out of the office until 9 if I'm lucky... there had better be plenty of awesome left by then. At least she'll leave the barleywine alone...

Zeppelin is highly overrated.

Maybe but listening to The Rover, Nobody's Fault but mine, The Ocean, When the Levee Breaks; I find it hard to conclude they weren't the best ever.

Red Hot Chili Peppers random aside:

Flea always talked a lot about how he had to learn that less is more when it comes to bass lines. I think he was right to a point. I think RHCP got away from what I liked so much about them. By The Way is a beautiful album that worked perfectly with Flea's more reserved style. But Stadium Arcadium, I'm With You, and whatever their new album is called has too much guitar driven stuff and not enough FUNKY BASSSSS.

I think flashy bass driven music is a lot more my taste, and it needs to be paired with a guitarist that adds mostly texture. This is why Dave Navarro was the best guitarist for RHCP. The perfect Yang to Flea's Ying.

Blood Sex Sugar Majik is where it should start and end with the Chilipepps. Nothjng prior or since has rivaled it.

You all have gone way too far with this Dylan = bad stuff.

You and nfreeman are right.  If someone doesn't like Dylan, fine.  But anyone who disparages him, does so with his or her credibility in the balance.  Sure he was meandering a bit in the 80's and 90's, but I bet anyone claiming that has not listened to the albums he released in the last 20 years, Time Out Of Mind onward are really really good.

Oh, yeah, and Entwistle was astonishing - "Lead bass".  Keith Moon may have been absolutely the most gifted drummer ever.  Roger Daltrey was also all-star team material as powerful singer.  Pete Townshend's lyrics are magic.

Edited by BagBoy

You and nfreeman are right.  If someone doesn't like Dylan, fine.  But anyone who disparages him, does so with his or her credibility in the balance.  Sure he was meandering a bit in the 80's and 90's, but I bet anyone claiming that has not listened to the albums he released in the last 20 years, Time Out Of Mind onward are really really good.

Oh, yeah, and Entwistle was astonishing - "Lead bass".  Keith Moon may have been absolutely the most gifted drummer ever.  Roger Daltrey was also all-star team material as powerful singer.  Pete Townshend's lyrics are magic.

But if we're keeping score, the Stones are my desert island band.