Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Living within receiving distance of Canadian rock radio FTW!

The Headstones are still one of my all time favorite bands.

I discovered this on Google music a few months ago..... The Headstones return with a couple new tunes and acoustic arrangements of some of their best.  I like it.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Chamber-Music-Headstones/dp/B00OTAKFWU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445529369&sr=1-1&keywords=headstones

That tune and Cemetery by the Headstones go hand in hand.  For some reason my wife loves both of those songs.  :devil:

I remember two things about the night I saw the Headstones in NF US, the drunk guy that kept trying to crowd surf even though no one would catch him, and the wings that burned really bad the next day.

I discovered this on Google music a few months ago..... The Headstones return with a couple new tunes and acoustic arrangements of some of their best.  I like it.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Chamber-Music-Headstones/dp/B00OTAKFWU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445529369&sr=1-1&keywords=headstones

Yup.  And since they've resumed playing, they hit Rapids Theater in Nia Falls occasionally.  I missed the last one, I won't miss the next.

I remember two things about the night I saw the Headstones in NF US, the drunk guy that kept trying to crowd surf even though no one would catch him, and the wings that burned really bad the next day.

First time I saw the Headstones was in the mid 90's.  They played an outdoor show along the canal in the City of Tonawanda the first year of the canal concerts.  Was a great show.  The complaints in the Tonawanda News were hysterical.  All the residents within hearing distance were appalled at the swearing and yelling.

That tune and Cemetery by the Headstones go hand in hand.  For some reason my wife loves both of those songs.  :devil:

The best part of the whole thing is that I posted a very similar message on facebook and my 71 year old aunt liked it.  I kind of want to play the song for her now to let her in on the joke.

I went to a wedding this weekend and the last song that popped up on my radio as I drove there was "I used to love her" from Guns N Roses.  It felt oddly appropriate for a wedding.

I always thought it was about his old dog. Which made it a very sad song to me. But I guess someone else wrote the lyrics and  combined with the drugs I'm pretty sure they had no clue what the song is about.

So, Roanoke, VA is getting a hockey team back.  Southern Hockey League.  This, in and of itself, is awesome, since the only hockey we have to watch live at present is Virginia Tech club hockey. Hockey, is my point. 

Making it more awesome are the majority owners bringing the franchise in, one Bob McGinn and his three hockey playing sons; Brock, Tye, and yes, indeed the Sabres' own Jamie.  Small world and whatnot.

http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/editorials/our-view-how-roanoke-got-hockey-back/article_bb4170f3-77ae-5b58-bb83-86320095c7bd.html

Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper, Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, James Gandolfini, Val Kilmer. Tarantino written, Tony Scott directed, how can you go wrong?

Favorite movie of all time.

I think Brad Pitt had a small role too, innit?

Sir Paul McCartney was beyond awesome last night at the F'NC.

(And that after having just played Detroit the night before.)

I wasn't openly weeping like two women around me (both in their early 60s, I reckoned), but I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Or certain 20 year old boys who saw him for the first time a couple Summers ago  :blush:

I do mean awesome in the true sense of the word, and not very positively. 

Check out this wind map.. it's a cool map, but fascinating to see hurricane Patricia growing before your eyes. 

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/overlay=wind_power_density/orthographic=-97.47,27.40,1500

Strongest sustained winds on record, anywhere in the world. 200 mph. Absolutely incredible. As a weather fan/nerd, I'm in awe, as a fellow human, I'm absolutely terrified for those in its path.