Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Do we need to send out a search party to find LGR?

Are there any bridges in Georgia?

-----

Thanksgiving is certainly awesome.

I have very much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian brethren and sistren.

-----

EDIT TO ADD:

Happy Birthday to two regulars ... Inky and Rickshaw (a big one for Ricky).

Not to not include everyone ... Happy Day to some other member that I have never heard of.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Just bought tickets for tomorrow's game. Going to be in row three because the girlfriend wanted to sit up close near the players' benches. Can't wait to see Jack Eichel in a regular season game for the first time.

The lady is no sports fans but she loved her first Sabres game and can't wait to go again even though it will, unfortunately, be her last and our last sporting event as a couple.

We'll enjoy the heck out of it. Really can't wait.

Just bought tickets for tomorrow's game. Going to be in row three because the girlfriend wanted to sit up close near the players' benches. Can't wait to see Jack Eichel in a regular season game for the first time.

The lady is no sports fans but she loved her first Sabres game and can't wait to go again even though it will, unfortunately, be her last and our last sporting event as a couple.

Good for you man, enjoy every second of it. I hope they can pull out a win tomorrow, or at least Eichel does Eichel magic.

Any reason for the bold?

That's bittersweet.  Damn kids and their relationships.  When I was a kid, when it was over, it was over!

Good for you man, enjoy every second of it. I hope they can pull out a win tomorrow, or at least Eichel does Eichel magic.

Any reason for the bold?

That's bittersweet.  Damn kids and their relationships.  When I was a kid, when it was over, it was over!

Long story. Not voluntary by any means. Religion, race and culture of the parents being valued over the desires of the now-adult daughter. When you've been raised in it and they've got the only resources to support you in med school you've got no choice but to kneel to their demands.

I've considered everything from knocking on her father's door and head to attempting to support her through my own means... Unfortunately I don't have the means to do it.

Undergrad graduation coming up means it will no longer be a reasonable trip to and from for visiting.

Edited by Hoss

Long story. Not voluntary by any means. Religion, race and culture of the parents being valued over the desires of the now-adult daughter. When you've been raised in it and they've got the only resources to support you in med school you've got no choice but to kneel to their demands.

I've considered everything from knocking on her father's door and head to attempting to support her through my own means... Unfortunately I don't have the means to do it.

Undergrad graduation coming up means it will no longer be a reasonable trip to and from for visiting.

How many more years of med school does she have left? Or would she still need to rely on them the same amount?

I guess neither would really matter, choosing between your family and a relationship can't be easy. 

How many more years of med school does she have left? Or would she still need to rely on them the same amount?

I guess neither would really matter, choosing between your family and a relationship can't be easy. 

Four years plus residency. After med school it would be much easier but I don't think it's fair to expect anybody to go 5-6 years without seeing somebody and then immediately feeling the same when you see each other again (her parents would probably murder me if they knew she was still with me/they saw me).

Four years plus residency. After med school it would be much easier but I don't think it's fair to expect anybody to go 5-6 years without seeing somebody and then immediately feeling the same when you see each other again (her parents would probably murder me if they knew she was still with me/they saw me).

And I'm guessing what you're doing right now isn't working anymore? I seem to recall you mentioning this earlier, and saying you were still seeing her long distance covertly. 

And I'm guessing what you're doing right now isn't working anymore? I seem to recall you mentioning this earlier, and saying you were still seeing her long distance covertly. 

It's the same. It works when the distance is about an hour, but when the distance becomes seven hours it's impossible. I'd marry this woman if this weren't the case, and I believe she feels the same.

It's the same. It works when the distance is about an hour, but when the distance becomes seven hours it's impossible. I'd marry this woman if this weren't the case, and I believe she feels the same.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, that sounds pretty tough to deal with. Hopefully somehow it works out, however unlikely it may look right now.

Until then, go enjoy that game tomorrow, and every second of it.  

If this is the case then it will happen.

Maybe not right now, but it will.  There is a plan for all of us.

So if she enjoyed the team that she got to see on the ice, how much more will she enjoy it when someday she gets to see a real team?  I hate to sound like a dick given where this conversation has gone since this post, but that one sounds like a keeper.

Wow, man. I really wish you two the best. 

Do we need to send out a search party to find LGR?

Are there any bridges in Georgia?

-----

Thanksgiving is certainly awesome.

I have very much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian brethren and sistren.

-----

EDIT TO ADD:

Happy Birthday to two regulars ... Inky and Rickshaw (a big one for Ricky).

Not to not include everyone ... Happy Day to some other member that I have never heard of.

Spanks. It was alcohol soaked. Lots of fun. Amerks, Sabres, my boy. Loving every minute of it.