Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Last night I was sitting on my screen porch and heard the squirrels in the yard going bat crazy.  I walked out on the deck and looked up in the big oak tree where the racket was coming from, and there was a hawk attacking a squirrels nest.  After a few minutes he flew away with a tasty treat in his talons.  I hope he comes back for more, I hate those friggin' squirrels.  :thumbsup:

Old friend of mine in real life and current friend on Facebook.  Also dated my sis when we were in college.  So my mom and dad knew him. Posts a mildly offensive (let's think third-grade fart jokes here) thing on my wall.  

Mom sees it.

You can imagine what happens next:

She ignores it and just posts her thing.

My man is half-mortified in my mind and it's funny.

Today is my last day working in Baltimore.  Thank God; other than Inner Harbor, I hate this GD town!  Can't wait to PTFO after work and head to see my dad.

I had to google PTFO cause I'm a social media stupie, and this is what I got....

Parent, Teachers and Friends Organization

Play The Fracking Objective (something to do with on line gaming?)*

Pass The Frick Out.*

*rated G version for everyone

By the use of deductive reasoning, your going to take a nap then have a wonderful visit with your Dad as a nice way to kick off the weekend. I hope you where successful and had a great weekend.

:beer:

Lasik is awesome.

Had the surgery Thursday. I was in the room under the machines less than 10 minutes total. Was it pleasant? No. Was it horrid? No. Could I see the second I sat up? Yes. It was pretty emotional for me. My prescription was right on the edge of being too severe to have the full lasik, but luckily I was allowed to have it instead of the ASA. 

I'm sitting here today with the only drawbacks being some dryness and scary looking eyes (my propensity to bruise apparently extends to my eyeballs, so they're all bloody looking but don't hurt) with 20/15 vision for the first time in my life and I couldn't be happier. 

If anyone's considering it and wants more info, I'd be happy to share. 

BRB, out having seeing eye contests with eagles. 

Awsome josie. I have been considering it for a long time now. I would love to hear more info about it as I have been too chicken to look into it in depth as of yet.

Mrs. Racer had it done 11 years ago now. The Doctor over corrected one eye and under-corrected the other. It is my understanding that the eye changes shape as we age and that the under-corrected will turn to the shape of over corrected, and vise versa. This correction method is suppose to procedure  very good vision for 20 years. Meaning, she should still have very good (no need for corrective lenses) for another 9 years. Then her eyes will deteriorate normally with age. So far the procedure has worked as advertised. She would do it again in a heart beat.

Mrs. Racer had it done 11 years ago now. The Doctor over corrected one eye and under-corrected the other. It is my understanding that the eye changes shape as we age and that the under-corrected will turn to the shape of over corrected, and vise versa. This correction method is suppose to procedure  very good vision for 20 years. Meaning, she should still have very good (no need for corrective lenses) for another 9 years. Then her eyes will deteriorate normally with age. So far the procedure has worked as advertised. She would do it again in a heart beat.

Neat! Yeah, they were telling me that they're only a year or two away from a procedure that can do away with presbyopia. 

My mum and sis had it done 10-15 years ago... my sister's went awry- she somehow managed to freak out enough to pop the suction cup off and it cut her eye wrong (they still used the blades back then). She had an adjustment and was fine but yeah... took a few years of gathering my courage to do it. Eye surgery and how it squwicks me out is why I decided against Medical Illustration in the end. 

I will admit that my job of staring at a computer for 12-16 hours a day is NOT ideal for the healing process... wearing sunglasses as I work at the moment... Ooof. 

Contents of Lincoln's pockets on the night he was shot:  http://imgur.com/DZhswPk

Note that his face is not on the $5 note.  That actually started as a weak attempt at humor, then I looked more closely as to which nation issued that note.

Is that a Confederate Note?

Funny how the little things never change. If you emptied my wallet at a movie theater I would have 90% of the same stuff.

Neat! Yeah, they were telling me that they're only a year or two away from a procedure that can do away with presbyopia. 

My mum and sis had it done 10-15 years ago... my sister's went awry- she somehow managed to freak out enough to pop the suction cup off and it cut her eye wrong (they still used the blades back then). She had an adjustment and was fine but yeah... took a few years of gathering my courage to do it. Eye surgery and how it squwicks me out is why I decided against Medical Illustration in the end. 

I will admit that my job of staring at a computer for 12-16 hours a day is NOT ideal for the healing process... wearing sunglasses as I work at the moment... Ooof. 

Had to google the presbyopia.

That is exactly what I and 500 million other people around the world have! Just never knew what it was called.  

If they still do it the same you have a post op visit with the Doctor in a few weeks (probably 4) right? Going to work with your sun glasses on won't get you a lolly pop on your way out the door young lady!

Edited by Woods-Racer

Contents of Lincoln's pockets on the night he was shot:  http://imgur.com/DZhswPk

Note that his face is not on the $5 note.  That actually started as a weak attempt at humor, then I looked more closely as to which nation issued that note.

Every man should have a pocket knife with them when they leave the house.

Unless they're going to the airport ....  "Honest, I forgot it was there ..."

Been there done that. No quarter asked and non given. Miss that stupid little knife. 

I could see that happening to me.  I almost always slip a pocketknife in my pocket when I leave the house.

See above you simple minded country pumpkin.

Is that a Confederate Note?

Funny how the little things never change. If you emptied my wallet at a movie theater I would have 90% of the same stuff.

Had to google the presbyopia.

That is exactly what I and 500 million other people around the world have! Just never knew what it was called.  

If they still do it the same you have a post op visit with the Doctor in a few weeks (probably 4) right? Going to work with your sun glasses on won't get you a lolly pop on your way out the door young lady!

haha I had one post op appointment the next day at 8 am, and I have my second one tomorrow. Then it's a month out, then 3 more months! You'd better believe those sunnies are stuck to my face. 

Holy crap is my night vision silly- the halos around the street lamps make the parking lot at RIT look like it's been taken over by a field of giant, psychedelic dandelion puffs... 

haha I had one post op appointment the next day at 8 am, and I have my second one tomorrow. Then it's a month out, then 3 more months! You'd better believe those sunnies are stuck to my face. 

Holy crap is my night vision silly- the halos around the street lamps make the parking lot at RIT look like it's been taken over by a field of giant, psychedelic dandelion puffs... 

Long timers here may remember that about 5 years ago (holy crap, I've been on here a long time) I had a shingles outbreak in my right eye.  In.  My eye.  Left me with scarring on the lens of my right eye.,  the halos you describe are an everyday thing for me.  I hate night driving now.  Every light source has a prism halo around it.

Long timers here may remember that about 5 years ago (holy crap, I've been on here a long time) I had a shingles outbreak in my right eye.  In.  My eye.  Left me with scarring on the lens of my right eye.,  the halos you describe are an everyday thing for me.  I hate night driving now.  Every light source has a prism halo around it.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. That sounds like it was hell on earth. You have every ounce of sympathy I've got. And the halos suck, too. 

Lasik is awesome.

Had the surgery Thursday. I was in the room under the machines less than 10 minutes total. Was it pleasant? No. Was it horrid? No. Could I see the second I sat up? Yes. It was pretty emotional for me. My prescription was right on the edge of being too severe to have the full lasik, but luckily I was allowed to have it instead of the ASA. 

I'm sitting here today with the only drawbacks being some dryness and scary looking eyes (my propensity to bruise apparently extends to my eyeballs, so they're all bloody looking but don't hurt) with 20/15 vision for the first time in my life and I couldn't be happier. 

If anyone's considering it and wants more info, I'd be happy to share. 

BRB, out having seeing eye contests with eagles. 

How severe is too severe?

Good for you, it's gotta be nice to see again.