Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Not that I need a job, but, I'd like a change of scenery, for lack of a better or more efficient way of putting it.  Seems, though, I either suck, have no idea what I'm doing, am out of touch, or killed my career by working for myself.  I can't get any action on about two-dozen resumes sent over the past several months.  WTF.  I wish we would have moved to Nashville...

Wrong thread?  Doesn't sound very awesome to me.

My neighbor brought over a couple flashlights in case the power goes out in these winds.

And homemade venison jerky. And homemade cider. And homemade apple chips. And homemade jam. And apples. 

People are awesome. Sh!tty situations bring out the best, the angels in the woodwork, as they say. I keep sobbing because I'm so overwhelmed by kindness. 

My neighbor brought over a couple flashlights in case the power goes out in these winds.

And homemade venison jerky. And homemade cider. And homemade apple chips. And homemade jam. And apples. 

People are awesome. Sh!tty situations bring out the best, the angels in the woodwork, as they say. I keep sobbing because I'm so overwhelmed by kindness. 

Your neighbor is awesome. Homemade venison, apple chips, and cider are amazingly good

Pfffft. The apples weren't homemade?

That is awesome.  Feel better soon and if I can speak on behalf of everyone here we are happy you are being looked after.  :)

Met my newest nephew this morning. He was born at 3:10 am.

He gets his first name from his mother's brother who died a few years ago and middle name from his father's brother (and mine) who died a few years ago, too. He was also born on our lost brother's birthday.

The warmest baby I've ever held. This day is always an emotional struggle for me, but this is the first time since my brother passed that I've had a good feeling versus a bad one. Welcome to the world, little guy.

He gets his first name from his mother's brother who died a few years ago and middle name from his father's brother (and mine) who died a few years ago, too. He was also born on our lost brother's birthday.

The warmest baby I've ever held. This day is always an emotional struggle for me, but this is the first time since my brother passed that I've had a good feeling versus a bad one. Welcome to the world, little guy.

It's really good that you have something positive to celebrate on 11/15 now.

Awesome indeed. May he skate strong and far and see Cups raised and raise Cups of his own. (Of course I'm assuming he's going to be a Sabres fan, and the Cups raised will be ours. OK, it was a lousy toast.)

Edited by pASabreFan

Awesome indeed. May he skate strong and far and see Cups raised and raise Cups of his own. (Of course I'm assuming he's going to be a Sabres fan, and the Cups raised will be ours. OK, it was a lousy toast.)

I will make sure he's a Sabres fan. So will his father. There's no battle there. The battle will be his NFL fandom as his parents are both Bills and Seahawks season ticket holders (mother was born and raised in Seattle only to move here in her late 20s with my brother). He picked the perfect time to join us as I imagine he'll essentially only know winning hockey. :)

It's really good that you have something positive to celebrate on 11/15 now.

Absolutely. It'll be a nice change.

Congrats on the nephew. May seeing him allow you to only remember the fond memories of his uncles.

So when are you buying him skates?

I put this in the last GDT but as Woods says, it also belongs over here.

I took the family down to the game on Saturday.  We spent part of the day shopping and having lunch at the Walden Galleria.  When we came back out to the car, one of the interior lights had been left on and our car wouldn't start.  Someone was waiting for us to leave our parking spot so I let them know the battery was dead and I wouldn't be able to move it until AAA or another tow truck got there.  Well the guy gets out of the car with his two teenaged sons and pushed us out of the spot and brought out jumper cables to try and give us a boost.  Didn't work.  After trying for probably 20 minutes they pushed us to an area out of traffic that was safer.  Security then came over to see what the problem was and called AAA for us.  In the meantime, they brought over a battery pack with jumper cables and was able to get the car started for us.  It's doubtful the guy that tried helping us frequents this forum but he was wearing a Sabres hat so wanted to give him a shout out and acknowledge the type of people we encounter on most trips to Buffalo.  Good on the good Samaritan looking to help out a stressed out dad with two crying kids in the back!  They didn't have to take out 30+ minutes of their day but it was greatly appreciated.

just found out there is an outside chance I will be attending a Sabres game in December. First time in almost 4 full years... :cry: all the emotions

I put this in the last GDT but as Woods says, it also belongs over here.

I took the family down to the game on Saturday.  We spent part of the day shopping and having lunch at the Walden Galleria.  When we came back out to the car, one of the interior lights had been left on and our car wouldn't start.  Someone was waiting for us to leave our parking spot so I let them know the battery was dead and I wouldn't be able to move it until AAA or another tow truck got there.  Well the guy gets out of the car with his two teenaged sons and pushed us out of the spot and brought out jumper cables to try and give us a boost.  Didn't work.  After trying for probably 20 minutes they pushed us to an area out of traffic that was safer.  Security then came over to see what the problem was and called AAA for us.  In the meantime, they brought over a battery pack with jumper cables and was able to get the car started for us.  It's doubtful the guy that tried helping us frequents this forum but he was wearing a Sabres hat so wanted to give him a shout out and acknowledge the type of people we encounter on most trips to Buffalo.  Good on the good Samaritan looking to help out a stressed out dad with two crying kids in the back!  They didn't have to take out 30+ minutes of their day but it was greatly appreciated.

Glad to hear that some people are still kind

just found out there is an outside chance I will be attending a Sabres game in December. First time in almost 4 full years... :cry: all the emotions

Glad to hear that some people are still kind

After all of the that took place in Paris.  It meant a lot knowing there are people out there willing to lend a hand to a total stranger in need.