Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Haha yes. I hope my actual job search is the same- I'm entering into it with sh!t self esteem, expecting the absolute worst, but if it's like the shopping, I'll get what I need immediately and end up leaving with better than I expected and a bit more confidence. I'm apparently 2-3 sizes smaller than I expected too, which doesn't hurt. 

Bio- one of the outfits I bought was from there. Navy pants, jacket, coral top, matching coral belt. Got some black pants from two other stores, another random shirt, now all I need are shoes with a slightly taller heel or else deal with hemming. Getting my hair fixed next Wednesday, augmenting my portfolio more, learning how to write a g.d. cover letter, then doing this. Some company in Buffalo's gotta want me, right? Well, maybe not with all this neurosis :P

Very nice!  Glad it all worked out.  You've got this.   :thumbsup:

This place. From the kind words for Qwk and his situation, to the job search advice (both recent and past), to the diversity of knowledge different posters bring to the table. Most are genuinely helpful, I regularly learn things here from people I trust--that's no small thing on the internet. Here's to you, Sabrespace.

This place. From the kind words for Qwk and his situation, to the job search advice (both recent and past), to the diversity of knowledge different posters bring to the table. Most are genuinely helpful, I regularly learn things here from people I trust--that's no small thing on the internet. Here's to you, Sabrespace.

Agreed, this place is awesome. 

:beer: cheers to all!

i didn't get a chance to say something in the CT thread to qwk, but those were some touching/solid posts. Best to you, qwk. 

Agreed, this place is awesome. 

I lurk here a lot more than I post, so I obviously don't know you guys like many of you know each other... But I will say, the message board I spent most of my time on prior to this was the Bills board (not TBD, the BBMB over at buffalobills.com). Compared to the collection of posters over there, you guys are incredibly more intelligent, more sincere, more civil... the list goes on and on. After spending time here, it's hard for me to go back there. So thank you guys for ruining that message board for me. I sincerely mean that :) This place is great, and I like the Sabres better anyways. Now that I have graduated, I'll probably spend even more time here and up my posts (between looking for jobs, that is...). Hopefully I can contribute to the great discussion and camaraderie! 

I lurk here a lot more than I post, so I obviously don't know you guys like many of you know each other... But I will say, the message board I spent most of my time on prior to this was the Bills board (not TBD, the BBMB over at buffalobills.com). Compared to the collection of posters over there, you guys are incredibly more intelligent, more sincere, more civil... the list goes on and on. After spending time here, it's hard for me to go back there. So thank you guys for ruining that message board for me. I sincerely mean that :) This place is great, and I like the Sabres better anyways. Now that I have graduated, I'll probably spend even more time here and up my posts (between looking for jobs, that is...). Hopefully I can contribute to the great discussion and camaraderie! 

107488-Goon-youre-fucking-alright-eh-jck

When Jo and d4rk talk on here, it's awesome. I feel like I have bugged their apartment. Not that I would.

I've been itching to learn the piano. To just sit down and play, what joy that must be. But I have to write that Sabres history comic strip, get my Sabres tat and run a 5K first.

It so is.

That is awesome.

Your spelling...... not so much.

This gave me a good laugh  :lol:

Obviously I'm getting ahead of myself, but as a general question to everyone, what happens if they offer me the job, but I'm not necessarily interested? I haven't heard back from other companies, but I haven't really applied either (about 6 other applications, 3 to the same company). If they offer, and I'm not sure if they're who I want to go with, what's the appropriate response?

Obviously I'm getting ahead of myself, but as a general question to everyone, what happens if they offer me the job, but I'm not necessarily interested? I haven't heard back from other companies, but I haven't really applied either (about 6 other applications, 3 to the same company). If they offer, and I'm not sure if they're who I want to go with, what's the appropriate response?

Negotiate the offer & find out what the drop dead date is to accept after the negotiation is done. Get the rest of your advice from someone that hasn't been drinking the past 4 hours. ;)

Negotiate the offer & find out what the drop dead date is to accept after the negotiation is done. Get the rest of your advice from someone that hasn't been drinking the past 4 hours. ;)

Drunk advice is always the best advice  :beer:

If you are not in a position where you need to take the job....... if you aren't excited by the opportunity, politely tell them that you want to go in different direction.

Right out of school?

No other employer would ever know he refused a job he wasn't crazy about.  OTOH, if he takes the job and wants to jump 6 months later he'll get all kinds of questions why he's looking so soon.

I'm a make-the-safe-play guy.  Suffered through some seriously crappy work scenarios over the last 4 years because I was afraid of not having a paycheck.  If he doesn't have a need to take the first job, I don't think he should sweat turning down the first offer he gets if the opportunity isn't what he's hoping for.

Wildcard, if you have ideas about the job you really want, what are you doing to make that happen?

My Sabres wall in my man cave, which was once quite pathetic, is starting to come together. It used to be a lone Ryan Miller jersey. A while later I added an Eichel autographed picture. In the last few days I've gotten busy. Snagged an autographed Gilbert, a team heritage banner and an autographed pic of John Scott caving in Shawn Thornton's face. I ordered one more piece online to match a piece on my Bills wall and I'm still waiting on it. And then there's the epicness that is my avatar, created by our very own Josie. My one of a kind Mogilny.

I think that's pretty awesome.

20160528_135352_zpshqv2uvny.jpg

You can also make out my Bills heritage banner in the bottom left corner, as I hung it after i took this pic. And yes, my desk lamp is a bottle of Canadian Club.

Edited by ubkev