Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Went on an impromptu trip to WNY this weekend. Not only was the fishing ridiculous (pics to come in the R+G Club thread), but the resurgence (resurrection?) of Buffalo is pretty mind blowing.

Areas that in the past were completely blown out, where you were lucky to see another car, let alone a person, had a lot of both,... like, groups of people, walking from one place,... going to another place, doing things. Unbelievable.

Ate at Toutant. Really good. And if it wasn't so delicious, I might have been upset that my Sazerac was $10, but it was, so I wasn't. Tappo the next nigh was really good, too. We were going to try the Marble and Rye, but it just looked a little too Euro-douchey (the Lambohrgini out front told me I should probably walk away). We went for more of the Old Buffalo, which I needed by that point.

Heck even Webster Street in NT had a car in every spot. That was a ghost town growing up.

I just have one complaint and I had forgotten about this, the bars in WNY are TOO LOUD. Is everyone deaf there who runs a sound system? If they aren't, they will be soon. Other than dance clubs anywhere, I have never been to a place where the music is so loud in so many different bars. It's ridiculous. Even 716 was too loud.

Great weekend, though.

It feels good to be working on my freelance stuff again. Quite a lot to do in the next week or so before I feel confident enough to start applying places. Just want to be as up to date/as good as possible. 

Just cooked the best steaks I have ever cooked in my life. Baked potato with sautéed mushrooms and garlic cheese. No veggie cuz, well, what's the point. 20 years, today, with the only person I would really care to spend twenty years with.

Awesome.

Just cooked the best steaks I have ever cooked in my life. Baked potato with sautéed mushrooms and garlic cheese. No veggie cuz, well, what's the point. 20 years, today, with the only person I would really care to spend twenty years with.

Awesome.

Awesome.

And where are those fishin' pics?

Awesome.

And where are those fishin' pics?

We ended the last day early, with smoke pouring out of my friend's motor. I really don't want to pepper him to send me my fish pics when I know he's got way bigger issues to deal with.

Yikes!

The lower Niagara with no power is pretty terifying. If I never see those pics, I'm good with the memories.

Oh, I almost forgot! I caught my first Laker ever! Good'n', too. That's really the only pic I want to see, but if I don't, I'll understand.

The lower Niagara with no power is pretty terifying. If I never see those pics, I'm good with the memories.

Oh, I almost forgot! I caught my first Laker ever! Good'n', too. That's really the only pic I want to see, but if I don't, I'll understand.

OK, now I wanna read a story.  Devil's Hole, ArtPark, or lower? Towed back to the launch or did you make it back using a trolling motor?

OK, now I wanna read a story.  Devil's Hole, ArtPark, or lower? Towed back to the launch or did you make it back using a trolling motor?

Nothing that dramatic. We were near Artpark and both trolling batts were dead already, so that was stressful enough, but luckily, we noticed something wrong and headed back slowly. We were right near the docks when we lost full power. Got to the dock on our own, though.

Awesome.

Oh, bless you both!

Also:  Kids in Thai kindergarten:

http://i.imgur.com/D6mQZb6.gifv

Just got out of an interview. I think I did pretty well on this one, much better than the first one I had for a different company that's for sure. The business is what I like, the people are very friendly, and I have a couple alumns from my university there, so it would be awesome. A 45m drive, but I want to move into the city anyways

Anyway, really hoping for a 2nd interview from them. What's the protocol here? Do I email them saying thank you?

Just got out of an interview. I think I did pretty well on this one, much better than the first one I had for a different company that's for sure. The business is what I like, the people are very friendly, and I have a couple alumns from my university there, so it would be awesome. A 45m drive, but I want to move into the city anyways

Anyway, really hoping for a 2nd interview from them. What's the protocol here? Do I email them saying thank you?

At the risk of sounding old and cranky, I'd say a written thank-you note would go a lot further than an email.

I would follow up by whatever means you submitted you resume. If you emailed it to one of the people you interviewed with then I think that would suffice. I wouldn't email through an HR person or anything.

If you don't have the direct contact info of the people you interviewed with, then I would send a snail mail thank you to them. Plus snail mail has the advantage of being a physical piece of paper that someone has to handle and put on their desk, etc.

Whichever you do, do right away.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. They contacted me initially through email, do I sent a follow up that way. Is a week a normal time frame to wait and hear back?

I'm old school and like Aud think that a thank you letter should be done immediately to thank them for their time and to highlight the skills you have as it relates to the position available, but be sure to make it about them and your willingness to grow with the organization, as well.  Email is OK for this, but be sure to address it properly ... I always ask for a business card from the interviewer, so that I have the proper name, title and contact information.

How was the follow-up timetable left in your interview?  One should always bring that up, so as to judge a proper time-table to follow-up ... find out when the company expects to move on to 2nd interviews and if it would be OK for you to follow-up if you have not heard by then.

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but I would view somebody sending me a thank you letter for an interview would seem like sucking up. Concluding an interview in a professional manner should be all that's needed. Personally, if I sent a thank you letter (or Email) and didn't get the job, I'd be left wondering if it had anything to do with me sucking up.

I guess it all depends on the person who conducted the interview.