Regier Looking to Deal: LeBrun

HopefulFuture

PREDICTION: 2-3 Players Will Be Traded on Deadline day - (Stafford, Roy, Boyes, Leopold, and Leino are the usual suspects)...

Lindy and/or Darcy will be fired the day after the season ends....

could be, but i think darcy needs to rid them of and receive back about 5-8 guys to really change the atmosphere in the room. who goes is to be determined but yes staff, roy, boyes, and some others should be jettisoned.

How about this: put Duds in charge before making any deals. Duds could be part of a Hollywood scripted ending for Pegula: ex-Sabre comes in to help bring the team to glory. Lindy stays.

Regardless, I still feel like the way to change any organization is from the top down, and I think we've got the right group on top.

This current turd fest sucks, but unlike the Bills I think a little patience is a credible option to give Pegula, Black, et. al.

RE: Stafford

It's actually not just you. A lot of people on this board wanted to trade him last year (or right after last year) when his value was high after he had an unusually good season.

The amazing part is that a bunch of random fans on a message board are better at evaluating players than the GM of their hockey team. Maybe "frightening" is a better word than "amazing" for that though.

what we need is a crowd-sourced GM position. we the fans would get to vote out and vote in who plays here, and when it's time to fire the GM/coaches. yah. i like that idea.

On Ehrhoff many have said he overpaid as well but that remains to be seen. It is a long deal and he may well turn out to be a good signing.

Most people saying that they overpaid for Ehrhoff were talking about his salary and/or length of contract. Most predictions were that he'd sign for $4.5M per (cap hit), so we actually got him for less. The salary means little to TPegs, and after he pays those first two years ($10M and $8M), his salary becomes manageable enough to trade, if necessary.

Leino is the one that looks like he way overpaid. Can't really judge a long-term contract based on the first half-season, but so far, not so good. It's one where short supply and high demand led to a price that he probably shouldn't have paid.

Most people saying that they overpaid for Ehrhoff were talking about his salary and/or length of contract. Most predictions were that he'd sign for $4.5M per (cap hit), so we actually got him for less. The salary means little to TPegs, and after he pays those first two years ($10M and $8M), his salary becomes manageable enough to trade, if necessary.

Leino is the one that looks like he way overpaid. Can't really judge a long-term contract based on the first half-season, but so far, not so good. It's one where short supply and high demand led to a price that he probably shouldn't have paid.

I am not at all dissapointed with the way Erhoff was playing when he got hurt. In fact he I think him not being in the lineup besides not having a center worth a crap are 2 of the top 3 reasons we have struggled..

I am not at all dissapointed with the way Erhoff was playing when he got hurt. In fact he I think him not being in the lineup besides not having a center worth a crap are 2 of the top 3 reasons we have struggled..

I too am pretty happy with Ehrhoff. No one should have thought the Sabres were getting Pronger or Chara. Ehrhoff isn't Norris material, but he's a good, solid, experienced 2-way top-pairing defenseman who can skate well and play in every situation and adds a lot of value. His actual cash in the beginning of his contract is high but his cap number is reasonable.

I too have been checking several times a day for a deal, but I've come to the conclusion that's probably not the best thing that could happen.

I think a poster earlier on said it best: this season is done; Don't trade now from a position of weakness, wait until the deadline to get maximum return on assets.

If Ted and Terry really are a new era, Boyes, Hecht, Gaustad are gone for sure by March.

Roy, Stafford and some mix of Leo, Sekera and/or Gragnani should be as well. Leino too, though it will be impossible to move that contract.

We're not so bereft of talent we can't be back in the hunt next year.

But significant change is necessary. Pick the horses you want to move forward with and dump the rest to clear room for some new ones in the off-season.

Dumping the pending free agents (Boyes, Hecht, Goose) prior to the trade deadline is a no brainer... even Darcy can't screw that up (or can he?). My concern is we're so hell bent on running Roy out of here that we'll literally have no natural centers on the roster with any history of scoring at the NHL level and no one in Rochester who can fill that role. Love him or hate him, Roy is historically a ~70 point center with a reasonable cap hit. Drew on the other hand has only hit 50 points once in his career and has the same cap hit as Roy... and we have a surplus of wingers plus Kassian is about ready to become a full time NHLer. To me, dumping one of our overpriced wingers makes more sense than dumping our only true scoring center. But, maybe Roy is a complete cancer in the locker room??? Maybe the plan is to trade him for two center prospects??? Maybe I'm missing something??? Please enlighten me!

The only person in Montreal that I'd like to see in a Sabres uniform is Gionta.

I would add Subban, but we have plenty of Dmen in our organization.

Not even Cunneyworth? According to legend,* the minute that a team changes the head coach, it turns in to a Stanley Cup contender.

*Legend not applicable in CA, QC, OH, or anywhere else.

Just wait for it, the onslaught of................... aww hell, you guys have it covered already.

They missed:

Just wait for it, the onslaught of "Just wait for it, the onslaught of" threads. :ph34r:

Archived