All About Natural Disasters

It isn't quite up there w/ some of Ray Nagin's finest ones, but I can't see any good from shutting down several miles of NYC roads during the storm recovery.

Considering it starts in Staten Island, it really is bad form.

So let me get this right. The NBA has enough sense to postpone the Knicks-Nets game because of issues with public transportation....but Bloomberg thinks it's a good idea to hold the marathon and close streets and divert first responders? Common sense really is in short supply these days.

I think Bloomberg is trying to have his "9/11" moment like Rudy G did and show the rest of the world that New Yorkers are tough and resilient and can rise above the adversity. But it was nearly two months between the events for Rudy while they are still finding bodies in the post Sandy recovery effort today. This is a stupid move by Bloomberg and it wouldn't surprise me if he changed his mind.

Edited by K-9

I think Bloomberg is trying to have his "9/11" moment like Rudy G did and show the rest of the world that New Yorkers are tough and resilient and can rise above the adversity. But it was nearly two months between the events for Rudy while they are still finding bodies in the post Sandy recovery effort today. This is a stupid move by Bloomberg and it wouldn't surprise me if he changed his mind.

I live here and I'm ready to move on. That lady cryin about gas today on all the newscasts needs to cork her cryhole. There's still food, it's not that cold, power is coming back on (slowly i know, but it is coming on). It's like people have forgotten that there were billions and billions of people that survived millennia before electricity.

I heard a new term today, Gashole. This Gasmaggedon is a gasmare. I can't wait until this is over and it's a gasapalooza.

I like martinis by candle light.

I live here and I'm ready to move on. That lady cryin about gas today on all the newscasts needs to cork her cryhole. There's still food, it's not that cold, power is coming back on (slowly i know, but it is coming on). It's like people have forgotten that there were billions and billions of people that survived millennia before electricity.

I heard a new term today, Gashole. This Gasmaggedon is a gasmare. I can't wait until this is over and it's a gasapalooza.

I like martinis by candle light.

The one thing I love about this is all the extra parking in my apartment complex. Since everyone else got up and left, I have all sorts of room!

It's incredible how really not bad this is. Which makes my street being the largest block in Monroe County without power so much more unreasonable. Where's the RG&E truck? Shouldn't it be on my street corner indefinitely?

The decision by Bloomberg to let the marathon go on, is mind boggling. I hope the voters remember this when it comes time for re-election. :thumbdown:

http://newyorkpost.com/p/news/local/this_is_no_way_to_get_us_up_running_egrMk4ukpzFCGhSF8oM5kN

...and I'll add my WOW to the non-union workers being turned away.

Edited by LabattBlue

The one thing I love about this is all the extra parking in my apartment complex. Since everyone else got up and left, I have all sorts of room!

It's incredible how really not bad this is. Which makes my street being the largest block in Monroe County without power so much more unreasonable. Where's the RG&E truck? Shouldn't it be on my street corner indefinitely?

I'm guessing it's down here fixing my power. :nana:

Maybe they'll start a tire fire.

Seriously, I hope there is some sort of protest on the marathon route in Staten Island. Bloomberg would get even more bad publicity as cops are hauling away Staten Island residents who are currently homeless or still have a home without any utilities.

Seriously, I hope there is some sort of protest on the marathon route in Staten Island. Bloomberg would get even more bad publicity as cops are hauling away Staten Island residents who are currently homeless or still have a home without any utilities.

People are dumpster diving for food and water and they'll hand out free water for the runners. Ironic?

The influx of money from the runners coming to NYC is good for the economy.

Would people complain if Disney World was open for business a week after a hurricane went through Orlando; even though a lot of the workers lost their homes? NYC is a entertainment district.

Free market economy. Business first.

The influx of money from the runners coming to NYC is good for the economy.

Would people complain if Disney World was open for business a week after a hurricane went through Orlando; even though a lot of the workers lost their homes? NYC is a entertainment district.

Free market economy. Business first.

Just move the route from Staten Island. No brainer..

Edited by wjag