All About Natural Disasters

38 minutes ago, Weave said:

AQI of 256 at the office in Henrietta this morning.  Crazy how hazy and smokey the air has become.  I’ve never experienced anything like this.

Lots of fires in every part of Canada.

I have been around fire and smoke almost every summer but this seems worse due to how widespread they are.

Rain is not in the near term forecast, that is what is needed.

10 hours ago, Weave said:

AQI of 256 at the office in Henrietta this morning.  Crazy how hazy and smokey the air has become.  I’ve never experienced anything like this.

We're at 349 right now. It's actually impressive. According to AirNow, it looks like there is currently no place in the US worse than the Poconos.

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I can actually see the sun and some blue in the sky. Could I go for a run later?

Today was running day for getting ready for a stint in the big charity hockey game at the end of the month, but bailed on it.  Will probably Nordic Trac after dinner.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I'm pushing it to tomorrow.  Will do treadmill in gym tonight 

I did 10 rounds on the heavy bag, outside, yesterday morningish. Don't do it. My lungs are quite strong, no worries there. It's the nose and mouth. I will be tasting this for a week. It's like a crappy cigar, followed by 2 more crappy cigars.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

I did 10 rounds on the heavy bag, outside, yesterday morningish. Don't do it. My lungs are quite strong, no worries there. It's the nose and mouth. I will be tasting this for a week. It's like a crappy cigar, followed by 2 more crappy cigars.

I threw on an old APR with a P100 filter and breathed fresh clean air while I blasted my arm workout this morning. 50 years old and still hitting it hard. People that train find ways to keep it up.

A simple Miller welding APR. Cheap and effective. 

You could fart right into my face when I’m wearing that and I wouldn’t know if I didn’t see you do.

God help you if I did see it, btw. 😉

• 7 months later...

If anyone has heard about the Fort Worth hotel explosion, me and my family are safe. 

I take it @Spoonman  is safe too?  Please confirm?

This hotel is in a 100 year old building.  It was just renovated and opened as the high-end Sandman Signature Hotel in September.

The latest report I heard was that all people have been accounted for with no fatalities.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

If anyone has heard about the Fort Worth hotel explosion, me and my family are safe. 

I take it @Spoonman  is safe too?  Please confirm?

This hotel is in a 100 year old building.  It was just renovated and opened as the high-end Sandman Signature Hotel in September.

The latest report I heard was that all people have been accounted for with no fatalities.

Spooner checking in, still stirring it up.

The Sandman is 1.3 mi ((2 km) from me. I work from home and honestly did not hear it. I got a bunch of texts checking in from around the country and from my company....thanks for checking in @Doohickie

Seemingly this was a gas leak that caused the explosion on 1st floor. My SIL's son works for gas company down here, and was being called out there.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.