Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The Airline industry. Over the last few years, either together or on seperate trips for work my wife and I have had 20 flights (a flight for me is a scheduled take off and landing) between us.

3 of the 20 totally canceled and the next flight was a day later.  8 more delayed more than an hour. 

I wish trains went more places and were more available in this country. 

It will never snow in north eastern Pennsylvania ever again. Ever! All it does is *****in rain and slush. Every "winter" here just gets shittier. We went from getting 60“ of snow (which is terrible) per year when I moved here, down to less than 30" last year. Every year is worse than the last. If it wasn't for the lack of sunlight and the fact that my wife would leave me, I'd move to Alaska!

Meanwhile, Tahoe has gotten over 7 feet of snow in the last 14 days.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

It will never snow in north eastern Pennsylvania ever again. Ever! All it does is *****in rain and slush. Every "winter" here just gets shittier. We went from getting 60“ of snow (which is terrible) per year when I moved here, down to less than 30" last year. Every year is worse than the last. If it wasn't for the lack of sunlight and the fact that my wife would leave me, I'd move to Alaska!

Meanwhile, Tahoe has gotten over 7 feet of snow in the last 14 days.

Tahoe for Christmas.

You can ski and your wife can sit in the lodge drinking hot totties.

Problem solved.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

The Airline industry. Over the last few years, either together or on seperate trips for work my wife and I have had 20 flights (a flight for me is a scheduled take off and landing) between us.

3 of the 20 totally canceled and the next flight was a day later.  8 more delayed more than an hour. 

I wish trains went more places and were more available in this country. 

Ever since the pandemic, traveling has been a nightmare. Over my life, I've flown A LOT. Sure there were some occasional inconviences and weather issues; but this whole new wave of short staffing everywhere has really hit airline travel hard. Delays at a minimum, cancellations, ridiculously increased flight prices to boot. It seems like the airlines have a free pass to recoup any money lost during Covid and the overall experience has suffered because they know people want to get out again. 

34 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ever since the pandemic, traveling has been a nightmare. Over my life, I've flown A LOT. Sure there were some occasional inconviences and weather issues; but this whole new wave of short staffing everywhere has really hit airline travel hard. Delays at a minimum, cancellations, ridiculously increased flight prices to boot. It seems like the airlines have a free pass to recoup any money lost during Covid and the overall experience has suffered because they know people want to get out again. 

I nearly drove to Detroit for Kubecon in October to avoid flying (+- 8 hours from here). Luckily there's a direct flight from Ithaca (!!) so it wasn't bad. I spent more time in airports than planned going to Florida in July and didn't want to repeat that.

31 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This, and they couldn't care less about customer service. It's like they are doing us a favor by simply making sure we survive the trip and nothing else is at all important.

We recently returned from an extended multi-city, multi-country trip where 2/3 of our bags were delayed or lost, with one still totally unaccounted for. Finally today spoke with someone who actually seemed to understand the problem and care enough to do something about it. We will see if she calls back  with any idea about where bag is at. 

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ugh.

My complaint. I put a mousetrap in the drop ceiling in my basement. It’s gone. Really hope I find it with my eyes before I have to find it with my nose.

I was refinishing my basement last month, I was pulling out the drop ceiling to repaint them a bit, go to one middle panel, and a mouse trap with a petrified mouse AND a long Black Gardner snake come fallling on my head. I don't hate snakes, but when they're airborne coming at your noggin, scary stuff 😂

Also, I went to the Galleria yesterday Idk why I felt the need to go to a mall near the holidays....don't do it.. RUN

• Haha (+1) 2

My parents are mad at me that I'm not driving my family into the blizzard so I can get trapped at their house for Christmas. WTF.

(Ithaca is predicted to get some wind and a little snow; nothing like the lake effect Buffalo is supposed to see)

Edited by MattPie

On 12/15/2022 at 4:59 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

All those stories that the airlines placed in the news--the ones about unruly passengers (who probably were driven to madness by the airlines themselves)--have led to further inequity, as well.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:38 PM, irregularly irregular said:

We recently returned from an extended multi-city, multi-country trip where 2/3 of our bags were delayed or lost, with one still totally unaccounted for. Finally today spoke with someone who actually seemed to understand the problem and care enough to do something about it. We will see if she calls back  with any idea about where bag is at. 

Did you get your bag?

Online sites that present a headline to an article I am interested in (could be general news, sports, cars,  technology, gaming, ANYTHING) and then when you click on that article link, it is not an article at all but a video you have to watch someone talk about the topic (often times with Ads before you have to watch). 

Some of them don't even have ads, they get right to the video, but I much prefer to READ my news online, not have to listen to a person go on and on for a while before getting to the point.

• Like (+1) 1

Lost my mom yesterday, only 67 years.   Had a bleeding in her brain on 4 december.   First weeks she could stil move and talk but after that it just got worse.  
I learned a lot , too much about the human brain in 2 weeks.

Left side of brain was completely gone, and right side 60 % gone, we had to take her of life support and let her go.   Going to miss you mom 😞 

One thing I did notice, a lot of lonely people in hospitals, 6 beds in our ICU ward and always same 3 that had visitors everyday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 11

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Lost my mom yesterday, only 67 years.   Had a bleeding in her brain on 4 december.   First weeks she could stil move and talk but after that it just got worse.  

Left side of brain was completely gone, and right side 60 % gone, we had to take her of life support and let her go.   Going to miss you mom 😞 

One thing I did notice, a lot of lonely people in hospitals, 6 beds in our ICU ward and always same 3 that had visitors everyday.

I am so sorry for your loss.  God bless you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Sorry for your loss

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm very sorry for your loss.  You're in my prayers.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

F**king Blizzard coming tomorrow...30-36" snow expected on top of a whiteout from Friday - Sunday morning. Merry Christmas to WNY.

I'm so jealous. I was up in WNY last weekend and the snow rejuvenated my soul.  A legit Christmas blizzard? Sign me right up.

• Like (+1) 1