Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Probably complained about this before, but the automated phone systems that make it difficult to speak to an actual person no matter how hard you try, SUCK!

There is no such thing as customer service anymore. My wife treats it like a game. What is the answer she can give the bot (even if slightly disingenuous) to advance to another level.

She currently has the bot from one company fighting the bot from our credit card company. I am confident that not a single human knows that this conflict is occurring, but someone ain't gettin' paid.

Edited by SwampD

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

There is no such thing as customer service anymore. My wife treats it like a game. What is the answer she can give the bot (even if slightly disingenuous) to advance to another level.

She currently has the bot from one company fighting the bot from our credit card company. I am confident that not a single human knows that this conflict is occurring, but someone ain't gettin' paid.

Tis the truth, hell even finding a non self checkout is tough... Not that I'm against them in general. 

Technology has made our lives easier and more more complicated at the same time. 

22 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Tis the truth, hell even finding a non self checkout is tough... Not that I'm against them in general. 

Technology has made our lives easier and more more complicated at the same time. 

Speaking of which...why don't you receive a discount when using self-checkout?  Aren't you basically being used as free labor?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Speaking of which...why don't you receive a discount when using self-checkout?  Aren't you basically being used as free labor?

Yes, but they spin it to make it seem like it's doing us a favor. Speaking of which... I use Walmart + and use the scan and go, so I can get in, scan my crap and just scan the QR code on the way out. Last night I was randomly audited at the checkout register. The lady in the area had to take 3 things out of my bag and verify I scanned them, etc... One of the items that I scanned didn't ring up on her iPad thing so my whole purchased was erased and I had to stand there, remove everything from my bag and rescan it at the self checkout, then rebag. I get the whole anti theft thing, but I'm paying money for this to work smooth, it would've been quicker to just go to a cashier. I honestly don't even know if that's legal, and I'm not trying to steal from my local Walmart, just frustrating as hell. 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I need to know how she is doing this.  I need to get my phone company to fight my doctor's office, and my bank to fight my insurance company, and all of it.  It would just be so satisfying.  

And @Wyldnwoody44, medical offices are absolutely the worst with this.  

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I need to know how she is doing this.  I need to get my phone company to fight my doctor's office, and my bank to fight my insurance company, and all of it.  It would just be so satisfying.  

Everything health related. That's how she learned. Two decades of dealing with it for our daughter and my brain,… she has learned much.

4 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Trying to make off with those eggs, eh?

Have you seen the proce of eggs?!! 

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Dude! I work in the field and I still have the same issues, it is out of hand! 

Here is one I thought I would never say....a movie that doesn't have ENOUGH merchandise tie ins with it.

Saw the new Puss in boots a few weeks ago with the family (including a niece and nephew) and they really liked it.  So my wife starts thinking, we'll buy them something from the movie. A Toy. A video game based on it. One of those Funko-pop figures. A lego set? A board Game? There is virtually nothing available. A few things from the previous movie a decade ago and a few posters, but that is it.

41 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

F%$#*!G Sabres season ticket holders who sell their seats to Leafs fans to help offset the cost of the season ticket price. I wish Pegula would grow a set and do like Dolan and ban the F&^%$@rs!

Banning 80% of your season ticket holders would be a very bold move.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/9/2023 at 6:19 PM, LabattBlue said:

great question.  Service has really become a thing of the past.  Speed and convenience is more valued today.   I know when I food shop I plan my path arounf the store and everything I do is based on getting the hell out of there asap.  If that means scanning it and packing it up myself then no problem.   

31 years in this trade. I’ve dodged death more than I can even remember. Seriously. I am constantly being reminded of the reckless bravado of my youth by the guys my age (and by all of the aches and pains). I’ve spent the last 13 years devoted to leading and teaching while still dodging death. 

I find myself in this newer leadership role and GD am I tired. Sick as well. Sick and tired. I know waaaaay more about certain people than I care to know, but I need to know. 

My ass aches and my head hurts.

5 more years of this insanity and I can retire.

God, please help me get there.

I keep getting emails for burial insurance. Is that some twisted omen?

Someone put a GD pillow over my face.

2 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

F%$#*!G Sabres season ticket holders who sell their seats to Leafs fans to help offset the cost of the season ticket price. I wish Pegula would grow a set and do like Dolan and ban the F&^%$@rs!

You should be more angry at the team for not sending all of those people home mad for wasting their money on a loss.

Edited by SwampD
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1