Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

51 minutes ago, biodork said:

I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors has a pet pterodactyl. Their house is across the way, but the squawking is still quite loud and jarring to hear. I feel bad for the people who live right next door!

My neighbor up the hill has peacocks and while I was visiting the builders we would hear these cat-getting-skinned noises. 
They would all stop working in unison and I’d say “Oh that’s Crazy Margaret’s place. Seems funny that I haven’t ever seen a cat around here.”

• Haha (+1) 1

Whenever the commercials come on TV with Flo(Progressive), I wonder…how did they ever make it past a focus group?

She may be the all-time most annoying person ever in a national ad.  This includes the current ones featuring Jon Hamm. 

They need to go back to the “becoming your parents” set of commercials.   Can’t believe the same ad agency is responsible for both fantastic and AWFUL commercials. 

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was expecting far worse. 

Just now, Eleven said:

Right?  Forty bucks?  I mean, it's not a small amount of money, but it's not life-changing, either...

Certainly not life changing, but for $40 I want a bottle of whiskey, not syrup! Although the syrup might last longer... 🤷‍♀️

37 minutes ago, biodork said:

Certainly not life changing, but for $40 I want a bottle of whiskey, not syrup! Although the syrup might last longer... 🤷‍♀️

Maple old fashions are yummy, add a little orange zest, viola. 

I did the same thing at a market with a fancy hard cider, but I said no, then that misses at the time overruled me because she felt bad. 

Don’t normally venture into this thread. My complaint would be that not all websites (in fact, very few, maybe none) are populated with the intelligent, cool, gentleman/woman-ly posters that frequent this great site. 

It’s a privilege. And I dedicate this next hit to you all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I’ve had enough of these 100+ heat indices. I replaced the rear pads and rotors on my truck today. Because of the 100 degree temp and me still not wanting to push it, a job that should have taken about an hour took over 5 1/2 hours. Lots of breaks and sitting. Lots of water, too,… lots.

Summer sucks. I’m ready for fall.

• Sad 1