Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

6 hours ago, spndnchz said:

My blood pressure dropped last Saturday morning about 1AM

i proceeded to fall backwards over the end of the tub

Fell on my azz with my legs over the side, tried like hell to sit up and get out but I think I hit my head on the back wall, knocking myself unconscious.

couldn’t get out, ‘yelled’ for help just before.

I was told I got pulled out around 3AM. I don’t remember much. Couldn’t move until Tuesday.  Felling better now but I’m a Vincent Van Gogh painting of bruises all over.

I hope you feel better now. I don’t know your situation but happy someone was there to help you. 

My wife just recently  had the opposite.  High BP and high pulse.  We thought it was a heart attack.  Turned out to be a low potassium level.  

Get tested, full bloodwork, etc, and take care. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Thanks guys.  I see a Neurologist Monday and my GP Tuesday.  I don’t like pills but may need something. 🙅🏼‍♀️

On the upside I slept so much those few days I’ve caught up on a few shows. Lol

Here's to hoping it was just something simple and 1 time only like some combination of dehydration & low blood sugar.  (Note, not suggesting that was the reason for your head rush, just saying that hopefully it was something that simple and that benign.)

Good luck w/ it.  Will say a prayer.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Thanks guys.  I see a Neurologist Monday and my GP Tuesday.  I don’t like pills but may need something. 🙅🏼‍♀️

Hoping that it's just one of those things and nothing major.  I will keep you in my prayers and say a few extra ... I just did now.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Vasovagal? And concern for POTS. Hope it's figured out! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I hate how blatantly awful people feel comfortable being to each other these days.

Talked to a high school kid in Orlando, Florida this week, her words "riots" in the hallways with unmasked people accosting masked people, screaming at them, ripping masks off, fighting, etc. Another kid told her she had "the mark of the beast" because she's been vaccinated. Kids parroting the adults in the world while the adults say these things for political points.

A parent went full on tantrum yesterday at our local middle school in PA after he had to pick up his kid for a quarantine on day 3 of school. Screaming at administration that Covid is a hoax.  

I go back to work next week. Can't wait for the bundle of joy that will be. Can't wait for the first parent phone call I get to make because a kid won't follow the rules or because they decide to play mask vigilante. I'm sure that will go very well.

I truly hate my job and what it has become in the last 18 months or so. I hate walking into a situation knowing it's going to suck, knowing how it's going to suck, and not being able to do anything about it.

Dude, it's all jobs that deal with people, the medical field is a mix of customer satisfaction, clicking boxes and kissing @ss with a little medicine mixed in. My best friend is a teacher and I feel awful for what she has to go through! 

Well my annoyance of the day.  Damn "drivetrain" error message popped up on my fairly new car; stalled it to 34mph, redlined above 2000rpm, and was rumbling every stop. Called the dealer, said its a good thing it didn't just shut off - told me to bring it in asap, go on to say they have no loaners - awesome.  Now I wait until Monday where I better get a damn loaner.

Now the error is gone and no record of it in the car or my app.

I could go for some lemonade.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, Gabrielor said:

My complaint:

How in the hell do the Pegulas expect to sell tickets this year?

I'll probably attend a bunch of games like usual, but I'm also an addict. The typical fan has long abandoned this team, and the casual fan even moreso.

Frankly I don't think this year is really different from any other year (except for the covid concern which is unavoidable) with regards to ticket sales. I think the Pegulas expect to lose money on the Sabres this year as they have done for the previous ten years. Plus inevitably people will see $8 ticket prices and will go regardless of how crappy the team is.

2 minutes ago, NAF said:

Frankly I don't think this year is really different from any other year (except for the covid concern which is unavoidable) with regards to ticket sales. I think the Pegulas expect to lose money on the Sabres this year as they have done for the previous ten years. Plus inevitably people will see $8 ticket prices and will go regardless of how crappy the team is.

I won't lie, when tickets are 5-10$ on 2nd hand sites, I definitley turn some of those into date nights. 

30 minutes ago, NAF said:

It'll be interesting seeing how the 2ndary market sets up.  FAR fewer STHers this season means a lot less inventory available for 2ndary market.

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Unemployment benefits need to go back to the way it used to be.  Prove that you are looking for and can’t find work, or you get zero benefits. 😡

NYS never changed that requirement during the pandemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/news/2021/06/if-youre-collecting-unemployment-in-new-york-state-says-you-have-to-look-for-work.html%3foutputType=amp

And as for increased benefits, those states that ended them have seen no significant difference in people going back to work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/08/04/early-end-to-federal-unemployment-pay-in-26-states-not-getting-people-to-work.html

46 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Yup. I keep telling people that the job market has permanently adjusted and they don't want to hear it.

Anyone who needs to work is likely working. They just found better jobs. Or the found a way to cut costs, or one of the spouses realized the family didn't actually need them to be working.

These companies crying about people not wanting to work don't understand what has happened. Or they don't want to.

• Like (+1) 2

I've gained 2 pounds And all I've had was vegetables and water.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Unemployment benefits need to go back to the way it used to be.  Prove that you are looking for and can’t find work, or you get zero benefits. 😡

That's what happens when people take advantage of the system.

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yup. I keep telling people that the job market has permanently adjusted and they don't want to hear it.

Anyone who needs to work is likely working. They just found better jobs. Or the found a way to cut costs, or one of the spouses realized the family didn't actually need them to be working.

These companies crying about people not wanting to work don't understand what has happened. Or they don't want to.

I know it is fashionable to complain about lazy people not wanting to go back to work but I am loving this.  Lazy people or not, I say hooray! 

We are witnessing a bit of a market correction.  Those who are willing to change jobs can really take advantage of the fact that companies are having to try harder to get good people.  Instead of grousing about the labor shortage, go out and take advantage of it.  It won't last so get some while you can.  And be happy it is to your benefit.

So, yeah, I'm looking for opportunities right now.  No complaints from me today.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yep. This job market readjustment and labor shortage have been predicted for years. The loss of the baby boomers and a shrinking birth rate were the initial predicted causes but the pandemic brought it on sooner IMO. 

What older workers weren’t lost decided retirement was the way to go. Opened up a whole new opportunity for a younger worker. Same result for middle aged workers who were lost. That job they held opened a door for someone looking for something better.

Our contractors even added a significant raise for apprentices in our recently bargained CBA. If you want good people now you have pay them! 

Workers are becoming savvy as well. Why would I go to work for you for a one time sign on bonus when you can pay me that much more per hour and make this a permanent thing?

My FIL’s first cousin owns a restaurant and laments the loss of his head cook to an entirely new career. He now works nice hours doing nice work that pays well and isn’t in a balls hot greasy ass kitchen. 

Somehow he blames unemployment for this guy not wanting his crappy job back. Guess you shouldn’t have layed him off and gave him an opportunity to find something better. Guess if unemployment didn’t exist then he’d have been so desperate that he’d have  to do anything for you.  

• Like (+1) 3

Bad customers on the Facebook Marketplace page. It doesn't take me long to figure out when they're going to no-show and leave me hanging, but it's still frustrating when I'm trying to downsize our personal belongings.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, spndnchz said:

Do you have an update for us?

One thing I can't stand in the trucking industry is when I go to pass another driver, a few of them speed up so I can't pass them; not just once, but at least twice. I got on the CB radio and told this one driver that I didn't have time to play that game. If he has time to play, then he needs to go to the closest DMV office in his home state and surrender his CDL.