Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

If your company truck is vinyl wrapped to prominently display your company you probably shouldn't drive like an *****, tailgaiting, weaving in and out of lanes, doing 15 mph over the speed limit, and being aggressive.

I'm just sayin'....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

If your company truck is vinyl wrapped to prominently display your company you probably shouldn't drive like an *****, tailgaiting, weaving in and out of lanes, doing 15 mph over the speed limit, and being aggressive.

I'm just sayin'....

Will put this here, though it could be in the Friday thread.  The greatest woman I ever knew (my m-i-l) was buried today.

Being around the love that her family had was truly amazing.  I'm so grateful to have been a part of that.

This has been the worst summer ever.

• Sad 4

Spectrum Cable sucks!   Called to get sports pass(I want RZ channel) for $5 a month.  Was told “Nope you can’t add that because you have a legacy time-warner package.”  Currently $190 a month for cable, two boxes(one with DVR) and internet.  So what are my options?  Switch to a “spectrum package” and then I can get sports pass. Ok, how much?  $220 + $5 for sports pass.   Any promotion you can put me into?  Nope!  

Told them to go pound salt.  😡

What the heck has happened to the workforce?  It is an endless stream of help wanted signs everywhere.  I know all these people didn’t disappear from the face of the earth, so I assume they are still on unemployment.  Time to start making sure these claims are valid.  WTF! 😡

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

At least you are someplace where a sunburn is a possibility

Yearly medical conference, this year is Costa Rica. Not much conferencing going on 😂😂 I found this amazing passion fruit Pale ale and an amazing Saison at a local brewery here, I stocked my rental car with a bunch and smuggled them poolside into the hotel 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

What the heck has happened to the workforce?  It is an endless stream of help wanted signs everywhere.  I know all these people didn’t disappear from the face of the earth, so I assume they are still on unemployment.  Time to start making sure these claims are valid.  WTF! 😡

I know half a dozen people in their 50s that retired in the last year.  I don’t know any young people sitting home.  Don’t assume its all slackers on the govt dole.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

I know half a dozen people in their 50s that retired in the last year.  I don’t know any young people sitting home.  Don’t assume its all slackers on the govt dole.

Just a guess on my part, but I’d say it is over 75% of the problem. 

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just a guess on my part, but I’d say it is over 75% of the problem. 

Is there even anecdotal data that you are basing this on?

I haven’t looked, but I haven’t stumbled on anything either suggesting that the issue is still people getting paid to stay home.  It feels like old man yelling at clouds without any data to back it up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Getting paid 18/hr to flip burgers is just one issue. People think they can control the pay now. 

Who are these people you speak of and why do you believe they should not be able to extract the most they can in exchange for their labor?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Is there even anecdotal data that you are basing this on?

I haven’t looked, but I haven’t stumbled on anything either suggesting that the issue is still people getting paid to stay home.  It feels like old man yelling at clouds without any data to back it up.

No data, but I think my belief is much more likely, than 50 somethings retiring early causing the work shortage.  How would you explain it, beyond the early retirement people?

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Who are these people you speak of and why do you believe they should not be able to extract the most they can in exchange for their labor?

I have no problem with people maximizing their own income, I encourage it. But these jobs that are entry level positions (college jobs, etc) are now paying what we could have only hoped to make in an actual career. The issue is, those with degrees and "non-entry" level jobs are not seeing the same boost in pay, further shrinking the middle class. I know my career pays well, and I have dearly payed for my piece of paper, but I haven't seen even a modest cost of living raise in nearly 7 years. 

Tim Hortons employees should not make more than a trained Paramedic, point blank. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

No data, but I think my belief is much more likely, than 50 somethings retiring early causing the work shortage.  How would you explain it, beyond the early retirement people?

Retirements result in lower workers moving up the chain, resulting in lower positions opening, combined with a monstrous demand for products actually increasing the market for labor.

There is actual data supporting both of those.  

I need to see data showing people being paid to stay home before assuming that is what is driving it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I have no problem with people maximizing their own income, I encourage it. But these jobs that are entry level positions (college jobs, etc) are now paying what we could have only hoped to make in an actual career. The issue is, those with degrees and "non-entry" level jobs are not seeing the same boost in pay, further shrinking the middle class. I know my career pays well, and I have dearly payed for my piece of paper, but I haven't seen even a modest cost of living raise in nearly 7 years. 

Tim Hortons employees should not make more than a trained Paramedic, point blank. 

Maybe paramedics should stand up for themselves like Timmy’s workers did.

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

Retirements result in lower workers moving up the chain, resulting in lower positions opening, combined with a monstrous demand for products actually increasing the market for labor.

There is actual data supporting both of those.  

I need to see data showing people being paid to stay home before assuming that is what is driving it.

I would love to see a breakdown of NYS Dept of Labor stats in terms of claim length, age range, etc....

Unfortunately, I don't think they are making that info public.

My biggest reason for suspicion of fraud, I don't believe you have to go through the same scrutiny you did in the past , in order to receive benefits, where you had to prove you were applying for jobs, and did not get hired, in order to continue to receive your weekly benefit.

Edited by LabattBlue

9 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So Close Fall GIF by Archer

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Maybe paramedics should stand up for themselves like Timmy’s workers did.

Yup, along with everyone else.   

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I would love to see a breakdown of NYS Dept of Labor stats in terms of claim length, age range, etc....

Unfortunately, I don't think they are making that info public.

My biggest reason for suspicion of fraud, I don't believe you have to go through the same scrutiny you did in the past , in order to receive benefits, where you had to prove you were applying for jobs, and did not get hired, in order to continue to receive your weekly benefit.

NY website still lists a requirement that you mist be actively looking for work to qualify for benefits.  Fortunately for me I have never had to go through the process to know how diligently that was assessed in the past or any knowledge of whether it has changed.  The language the state is using indicates it is still a requirement though.