Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I just got a card from my Godmother.

It is postmarked July 20, 2019.

She lives across town.

WTF?

Call her and thank her. She'll have no idea what you're talking about. It'll be fun.

• SDS locked this topic
On 6/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, WildCard said:

image.thumb.png.bb89905c6f519752cf9582e47ae4d836.png

Seriously though. $1400 to rent a place, more than a mortgage where I live but the housing market is so ***** I can't get out of renting. Can't wait to miss out on a house and watch my rent hit $1500 next year.

There's a reason for both. Large investment firms and other companies are buying houses so they can charge you high rent while also pricing you out of actually buying a house. 1 in 5 homes is owned by a company that never intends to live in it. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you-sell-a-house-these-days-the-buyer-might-be-a-pension-fund-11617544801

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There's a reason for both. Large investment firms and other companies are buying houses so they can charge you high rent while also pricing you out of actually buying a house. 1 in 5 homes is owned by a company that never intends to live in it. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you-sell-a-house-these-days-the-buyer-might-be-a-pension-fund-11617544801

I'm not even surprised. I've known multiple people in Rochester who have been outbid by a home by $70k+, sometimes even 6 figures. Just such a ***** thing to do.

Just now, WildCard said:

I'm not even surprised. I've known multiple people in Rochester who have been outbid by a home by $70k+, sometimes even 6 figures. Just such a ***** thing to do.

I agree it is extremely ***** and unfair. 

FTR, this is not a political post.

I'm just dumbfounded that anyone, ANYONE!!! (cue in Steve Dangle's screaming) would make such an impossibly asinine suggestion! This guy would lose in the first round of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. I mean, come on! You got your JD from Baylor University, and you were a judge at one time, and you make such a fool out of yourself??? Not to mention that you are so bald, we can see the Sea of Tranquility on your head!

Yes, Houston. We have a problem.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/lunar-new-deal-gop-rep-gohmert-suggests-altering-moon-s-n1270219

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The problem is that there don't appear to be any laws against this practice. It appears to be even worse in major metro areas as opposed to dots on the map. If it were up to us, this would be outlawed - but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Might as well take advantage of getting a place in the boondocks - if you can.

Working day shift. Seriously. I've been doing a 9-5 for the past 5 days and it feels like it's been 3 years. How on earth do people live this way? I look outside, I see the horses trotting and pacing. I see the sun. The sun laughs at me. It says "hey, I bet you wish you were doing cool, sunny day ***** right about now, huh?"

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Not gonna lie.  Dabbling in this is likely part of my retirement income plan.  A good friend made it work very well for him.  I figure if I don’t do it someone else will.  This is one way an average guy can get ahead.

Been a rough 7 days in my circle.  Next door neighbor died late last week after a long cancer fight.  Son’s FIL to be had a heart attack and died Tuesday early AM.  53 yrs old.  Same as me.  And last night  my other next door neighbor fell in his driveway and couldn’t get up.  Don’t know how long he was there when I heard him while I was battening down the hatches for the night.  I’m not sure how he’s doing now. Last I knew the ambulance was still in the driveway.

• Sad 1

There needs to be a full scale investigation into how it happened. It cannot happen again.

1. Was it in/buried in the sugar? Seems unlikely.

2. Had it crawled into the Coffeemate bottle and pre-deceased?

3. Did it crawl/fall into the cup after I poured it?

4. Was it ALREADY in the cup? (I took the cup out of the sink; it was upside down; I dried it out but probably just the rim and the outside.)

5. Was it in the carafe somewhere?

It's funny. I recall saying to myself, this is a good cup of coffee. But I'm pretty sure it was because this was the first cup back with my regular brand and not the, ya know, baby spider infusion. At least I think the spider was preggers.

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Working day shift. Seriously. I've been doing a 9-5 for the past 5 days and it feels like it's been 3 years. How on earth do people live this way? I look outside, I see the horses trotting and pacing. I see the sun. The sun laughs at me. It says "hey, I bet you wish you were doing cool, sunny day ***** right about now, huh?"

Second shift is the ***** (shift). After work a snack and right to sleep, get up on regular hours and have all of your morning and early afternoon to yourself. No staying up til 4 or anything like that for this buckaroo.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It's funny. I recall saying to myself, this is a good cup of coffee. But I'm pretty sure it was because this was the first cup back with my regular brand and not the, ya know, baby spider infusion. At least I think the spider was preggers.

Second shift is the ***** (shift). After work a snack and right to sleep, get up on regular hours and have all of your morning and early afternoon to yourself. No staying up til 4 or anything like that for this buckaroo.

I worked from 6pm-2am for many years. A true single person's shift. Party every night after work and there's no alarm clock.