Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

33 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Exactly my point.  Maybe there was an upcharge because I was getting a Diet Coke instead of coffee, but she couldn't even comprehend what I was asking. 😂

Would make sense.  That'd make the upcharge ~$0.80 which seems plausible.

Sitting on the deck with my aging, ailing dog and taking in a 75 degree day together while the breeze sways the colorful foliage. I should be grateful for the day and the 13 wonderful years we've had together but all I can do is think about the 52 degree day on tap for tomorrow and contemplating how much time I have left with her. 'First world' problems, I know...but that is my complaint.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Sitting on the deck with my aging, ailing dog and taking in a 75 degree day together while the breeze sways the colorful foliage. I should be grateful for the day and the 13 wonderful years we've had together but all I can do is think about the 52 degree day on tap for tomorrow and contemplating how much time I have left with her. 'First world' problems, I know...but that is my complaint.

We don't have the right emoticon for this. Kiss her on top of the head between the ears.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Would make sense.  That'd make the upcharge ~$0.80 which seems plausible.

This is not possible.

No one drinks Diet Coke with fast food breakfast.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Stephen A Smith. 

I rarely watch ESPN anymore, but it seems like a good portion of the time I turn it on, he is on, and he is ALWAYS YELLING.  Its exhausting to watch him for even 30 seconds.  And it doesn't matter what it is about, he at best raises his voice and at worst yells.  Maybe it gets ratings?  I just want to turn on ESPN every once in a while and not be blasted away by someone who has an opinion about everything and has to use a megaphone voice into a microphone to get his opinion out there.

• Like (+1) 2

So, I came down with what I thought were symptoms of a sinus infection on Saturday. I set up an appointment with my doctor for telemed. I ran through my symptoms with him, and then he offered to have me do the COVID test. At first, I thought Nah, but I made a snap decision to get it done.

Next thing I know, less than 15 minutes later after the test, I get the call that I tested positive for COVID-19.

I can’t begin to express my level of anger over this. I’ve done everything I could to avoid getting it and passing it on to others. I’ve been vaccinated. In fact, I had a booster shot scheduled for today, but I had to cancel since I was having these symptoms. And yet, there are those people who just don’t GAF.

The silver lining is that I can and will follow doctor’s orders. Until then, I have to weather the storm and stay home.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I disregard my own orders all the time 😂😂😜, how long I'm gonna make it, now that's another story m

You’re too young for the worst of the consequences to catch up to you but you’re a doctor so you know that. 

Bad habits die hard but they do die with the required effort, or, you die.

In that vein…

A few of use went to the Bills bar (can’t remember the name) south of Midtown Manhattan for the game Monday and walked 8th Ave back toward our hotel afterwards. (We were on 6th in Midtown but the drunkies wanted different scenery.)
Those folks begging for a couple bucks to give to the dude in the bright red track suit (definitely not Santa) for a bag of crumbs was heartbreaking.

I almost approached the bastard to tell him was a snot ball I thought he was but I was tending two drunk Ironworker officers who were NOT behaving as it was.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

That’s always a good plan. Those people tend to live longer, better lives.

I forgot to mention that I need to stay off social media as much as possible. I’ve already been upset enough over the adult fairy tales being spread on there in the form of conspiracy theories. I don’t need to shorten my lifespan by engaging in arguments with idiots who live in denial over the virus/mask/vaccine.

As soon as I get a negative test, I’m getting the booster shot.

9 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Google it. Some jackass in Arizona decided it would be a good idea to encourage a Nationwide day of school shooting tomorrow. The Tik Tok algorithm grabbed it and promoted it. Now schools all over the country are having to respond to it.

good thing we don't have a gun problem in the good ole USA