Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Geez... some of you have legit complaints this week (condolences to those that do).  All I got is more gripes about crummy contractors and the fact that the cleaning lady must have come through and wiped everything down at work with a mildewed towel that was subsequently dipped in vinegar.   :sick:

Customer new product trials this week. New product, new production equipment, new customer and we fired our director of engineering who built the whole damn thing 3 days before the trial. Three hours into the first day, 190 degree product spewing 30 feet out of the processing system because they put in the wrong gaskets. Amateur hour.

Then it turns out the "scientist" they sent us was some expendible 20 something that didn't have the knowledge or authority to make any of the changes needed. A trial that should have lasted 6-9 hours lasted over 35 hours. Three straight 12-15 hour days. I don't think it will be considered successful. So it will need to all be done again.

Geez... some of you have legit complaints this week (condolences to those that do).  All I got is more gripes about crummy contractors and the fact that the cleaning lady must have come through and wiped everything down at work with a mildewed towel that was subsequently dipped in vinegar.   :sick:

I know it. I typed out a complaint about how my schedule makes dating impossible but ended up deleting it.

Your comment made me decide it's still okay to have weak complaints, so:

My schedule makes dating impossible. Took me a while to even consider it but after my first legitimate (3+ years) relationship ended last October I recently decided I could give it another go and start putting myself out there. Things always go well until we get to talking about setting up a date that works with my schedule.

#ForeverAlone

Customer new product trials this week. New product, new production equipment, new customer and we fired our director of engineering who built the whole damn thing 3 days before the trial. Three hours into the first day, 190 degree product spewing 30 feet out of the processing system because they put in the wrong gaskets. Amateur hour.

Then it turns out the "scientist" they sent us was some expendible 20 something that didn't have the knowledge or authority to make any of the changes needed. A trial that should have lasted 6-9 hours lasted over 35 hours. Three straight 12-15 hour days. I don't think it will be considered successful. So it will need to all be done again.

Us competent people need to stand up and take this damn workforce back. I remember a time when everyone in my trade was a smart as hell and a go getter. I literally carry a card in my pocket to pull out and give me solace when I'm surrounded by incompetence. It reads "You can't fix stupid."

Last Friday I received custody of my 13 year old step grandson. Yes, you read that right. My sons wife's son from another man. I may have to get back to work. Sonovabitch.

He'll need you, Hank ... says me with no knowledge whatsoever! Some things you just feel?

I have credit cards with due dates of the 2nd and the 17th. One of the great things about that consumer protection bill a few years ago is having the same due date every month. You remember them. Now, I knew that the online payment had to be made by 8 p.m. But I made the payment on the 2nd just before 9, and, incredibly, I did it again on the 17th. So I am looking at two late fees.

I looked at my statements and it clearly says on page 1 that the due dates are the 2nd and the 17th and "if payment is not made by the due date, a late fee may be assessed." Only in fine print on the third page of the statement does it say that online payments have to be made by 8 p.m.

I haven't called to ask for the late fees to be reversed as a courtesy to a good customer with no history (with these cards, anyway) of paying late. I suspect they will reverse the fees. But if they give me any guff, how is the language on the statement not an ironclad reason they should reverse them? How are they getting away with saying your due date is the 2nd, then charging a penalty for payments made ON THE SECOND between and 8 p.m. and 11:50 p.m.?!

Edited by PASabreFan

Back in Dec. of last year, I had placed an order for some supplies for work. Right after placing the order I realized I'd entered the wrong cat. # for one of the items and called the vendor to have it fixed.  They couldn't update the existing order, but instead created a new order for the correct item and sent instructions on how to return the one I'd inadvertently ordered.  All good, right?  Heard from our purchasing folks in May (!) that there was still an issue with an outstanding charge since the vendor's invoice didn't exactly match the original order.  Talked to them to explain what happened, they walked me through some steps to address the problem and get the order resolved, and thought it was all done.

End of June: get an "urgent" email saying the order needs to be fixed by the end of the fiscal year.  Forward them all the emails from May and ask them to let me know if there's something else that needs to be done; don't hear back.

Early August: same deal.  Replied AGAIN with the original info, received confirmation from one of the people on the chain that it's something that needs to be fixed on someone else's end. Don't hear back.

Yesterday: another "urgent" message saying this needs to be fixed by 9/30.  WTF is wrong with these people?!?

Back in Dec. of last year, I had placed an order for some supplies for work. Right after placing the order I realized I'd entered the wrong cat. # for one of the items and called the vendor to have it fixed.  They couldn't update the existing order, but instead created a new order for the correct item and sent instructions on how to return the one I'd inadvertently ordered.  All good, right?  Heard from our purchasing folks in May (!) that there was still an issue with an outstanding charge since the vendor's invoice didn't exactly match the original order.  Talked to them to explain what happened, they walked me through some steps to address the problem and get the order resolved, and thought it was all done.

End of June: get an "urgent" email saying the order needs to be fixed by the end of the fiscal year.  Forward them all the emails from May and ask them to let me know if there's something else that needs to be done; don't hear back.

Early August: same deal.  Replied AGAIN with the original info, received confirmation from one of the people on the chain that it's something that needs to be fixed on someone else's end. Don't hear back.

Yesterday: another "urgent" message saying this needs to be fixed by 9/30.  WTF is wrong with these people?!?

Sounds very similar to a situation at my old company that was ongoing for over a year.  I had multiple conversations and emails with people in our purchasing department trying to rectify a returned order and it was still unresolved at the time I resigned.  I'm certain that they are still trying to contact me even though I left six months ago.

This was one of my biggest complaints working for a big corporation, probably 30- 50% of my weekly time was spent in activities such as this as opposed to being in the lab doing what they hired me to do.

Sounds very similar to a situation at my old company that was ongoing for over a year.  I had multiple conversations and emails with people in our purchasing department trying to rectify a returned order and it was still unresolved at the time I resigned.  I'm certain that they are still trying to contact me even though I left six months ago.

This was one of my biggest complaints working for a big corporation, probably 30- 50% of my weekly time was spent in activities such as this as opposed to being in the lab doing what they hired me to do.

THIS.  Today we're spending the entire day unpacking and moving 4 commercial (49 cu ft) refrigerators that were delivered yesterday.  Why?  The building in which we work is managed by a separate company than the University, and while a loading dock is provided for deliveries, there is no pallet jack and no one who works there.  So one by one, we're cutting away all the packing material, un-bolting them from their pallets, wrestling them around and propping up to install the casters, and wheeling them up to the lab.  We also have to cut down all the cardboard and move all the trash ourselves out to the dumpster.  It's literally going to take us all day, rather than us spending time on what we're ACTUALLY paid to do.

Hockey season is close enough to taste, but far enough away that the top four threads right now are about politics, political correctness, Kane's whatever, and complaining. Just get here already, October!

Yeah I'm ready for hockey talk and those threads to be buried on page 2 as well

That moment you realize you hate your job. Sure, I will take on that thing that somebody else has been doing but doesn't feel like doing anymore, not like I am the most underpaid ###### in this department. Is it June? Let me know when it is June.

I totally and completely understand this sentiment.  I'm in the same boat.

My complaint: sick twins.  Sadly, I think the boys ended up with an immune system much like mine rather than their mother's.  Not good.  Up all night the last two nights with both boys.  Coughing, phlegm, throwing up phlegm, just down right miserable 6 month old boys.  Makes for long work days for both my wife and myself.  Luckily she got the morning off to take both boys to the doctor.  I wish I could just make them feel better  :(

That moment you realize you hate your job. Sure, I will take on that thing that somebody else has been doing but doesn't feel like doing anymore, not like I am the most underpaid ###### in this department. Is it June? Let me know when it is June.

Amen. In theory, I like the stuff I'm supposed to be doing.

I don't like how some managers micro-manage me and stick their noses in areas that aren't theirs and really don't affect the overall operation of things.

I don't like how the guy who is supposed to work with me on the same things is acting like a government employee who just watches the clock, eats from the free salad bar, doesn't volunteer to do any tasks, and hates it when you assign him something to do off-hours (yes, we're IT...off-hours work is part of the job).

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Totally in that boat as well. I actually don't mind what I do and the people I work with, just being continually underpaid and underappreciated tends to wear on you. There's only so much you can take before I start looking for alternate employment if things don't change.

I totally and completely understand this sentiment.  I'm in the same boat.

My complaint: sick twins.  Sadly, I think the boys ended up with an immune system much like mine rather than their mother's.  Not good.  Up all night the last two nights with both boys.  Coughing, phlegm, throwing up phlegm, just down right miserable 6 month old boys.  Makes for long work days for both my wife and myself.  Luckily she got the morning off to take both boys to the doctor.  I wish I could just make them feel better  :(

Been there.  My little guy has had a cough and runny nose for what seems like the last 6 months straight.  Makes for some miserable sleeps and long days and you just feel so bad there's nothing you can do.  Hopefully the doc will have a good recommendation.  Children's Tylenol and humidifiers will be your best friend.