Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I am absolutely most definitely packing a beer for tomorrow. Or a flask.

Maybe a flask. d4rk, do we have a flask around?

There are two flasks with "Livin' the Dream" engraved on them somewhere in my room. One might be out on my dresser but I can't be sure.

You aught to just fill an empty water bottle with gin. :P

There are two flasks with "Livin' the Dream" engraved on them somewhere in my room. One might be out on my dresser but I can't be sure.

You aught to just fill an empty water bottle with gin. :P

And considering it's 11:10 and I just got an emergency design email on a freelance project (a big one I cannot blow off)... I'll just be pulling yet another all nighter.

The booze won't be necessary- I'll just pass out at work anyways. 

The booze won't be necessary- I'll just pass out at work anyways.

That's the spirit!

Go the the garage, pay the bill, pick up the car, come to work....chaos ensues. I have to replace 3 supervisors and a 5 other folks. With whom, you ask? Oh, here! Let me just pull them out of my ass for you. Then, about 20 minutes in, I get a call from the school, yep, teacher is leaving early, I've got to go down and cover that now for 2 hours.

So I'm in the school, molding minds, and my phones are ringing every 9 seconds because, like I said before, chaos! I get the class wrapped up, so that I can finally devote my attention to where it needs to be and......quiet as a church mouse now!

I'm a little burned out tonight. The drive home should be fun. For every mile of road there's 2 miles of ditch...

No one told me setting up a bachelorette party was gonna be such an expensive, stressful nightmare! And we were keeping it "low key!"

I only know the bride and one of the attendees- the rest are mostly roller derby chicks I've yet to meet in person. My dearest friend in the world, the bride, says "I'm so sorry. You're the only person responsible enough that I can trust to get anything done.". She's kicking in money where she can but woof. As fun as it all is going to be, I'll be relieved when this wedding is over in a couple weeks. 

Someday, when I get married... screw the bridal shower and bachelorette parties. Ugh. Or do a joint one. Get a cabin. Have good alcohol. Tell people to come if they want to. Enjoy. I figured it out- you become maid of honor when the bride knows you love her enough to put up with all the wedding bullsh!t! 

Edited by Josie914

No one told me setting up a bachelorette party was gonna be such an expensive, stressful nightmare! And we were keeping it "low key!"

I only know the bride and one of the attendees- the rest are mostly roller derby chicks I've yet to meet in person. My dearest friend in the world, the bride, says "I'm so sorry. You're the only person responsible enough that I can trust to get anything done.". She's kicking in money where she can but woof. As fun as it all is going to be, I'll be relieved when this wedding is over in a couple weeks. 

Someday, when I get married... screw the bridal shower and bachelorette parties. Ugh. Or do a joint one. Get a cabin. Have good alcohol. Tell people to come if they want to. Enjoy. I figured it out- you become maid of honor when the bride knows you love her enough to put up with all the wedding bullsh!t! 

Is the mom involved?? She normally would be the one to be annoyed if you don't have it plus she's checking out what everyone is giving because she's been giving to others for years and now they want their daughter to get some too. Married off my last daughter last year. I had to put up with her mom for 6 months until it was over. Funny now but oh so true.

Although a pain, it really is an honor for someone to select you for that role, enjoy the ride.

I hate the sound of that. There should not be any real burden on anyone to put together something like that.

Your idea for how to have a bachelorette party makes perfect sense. I'm not sure I'd encourage people to do joint ones - but, hey, whatever works. But keeping it simple, and having people pay their own freight are the way to go, for sure.

Played in our beach volleyball league finals last night. My complaint is not about playing, but the s####y quality of the sand yesterday. Midway through the last game I cut a huge gash in my right big toe and it hurts like all hell today. There were tons of rocks and i think a shard of glass (!) that might have done me in, but basically I have intense pain every time I take a step, which doesn't bode well for working today and playing indoors tonight for my fall league.  :censored:

Is the mom involved?? She normally would be the one to be annoyed if you don't have it plus she's checking out what everyone is giving because she's been giving to others for years and now they want their daughter to get some too. Married off my last daughter last year. I had to put up with her mom for 6 months until it was over. Funny now but oh so true.

Although a pain, it really is an honor for someone to select you for that role, enjoy the ride.

The bride's mom is a wonderful lady. She told me to ask for financial help if I needed it. I'm going to have to. If people don't pay me back for transportation alone, I'm out about 800 flippin' bucks. I'm also taking care of all the booze, food,favors & decorations. Which I was hoping for some compensation for.

People are still asking if I can pay for more because they're broke or whatever. Wow, I have a full time job unlike any of them, I must be a bloody billionaire... 

I'd rather spend some extra money to avoid a drama bomb at the wedding ruining everything. I already have to deal with the other maid of honor who is coming in from Cali... so named because if she didn't get that title, she was going to absolutely make the bride's life hell. My job, as given to me from the bride is to 1. Keep this girl from hogging everything 2. Make sure no one gets into a fist fight (punks/alt people and conservative parents) and 3. Maybe keep the bride from hurling on her own dress should the party get a little too wild 

I mean, a wedding at a goth club, we're going to have stories. Or it will be surprisingly boring. Extreme, one way or the other. 

I hate the sound of that. There should not be any real burden on anyone to put together something like that.

Your idea for how to have a bachelorette party makes perfect sense. I'm not sure I'd encourage people to do joint ones - but, hey, whatever works. But keeping it simple, and having people pay their own freight are the way to go, for sure.

I gather it would be less of a nightmare for me if this was a group of friends I was a part of and could delegate responsibilities to. I'm virtually planning a day long shindig for about a dozen people I don't know.

The joint one came up between d4rk and I because all the bachelor parties he gets invited to are SO much cooler than bachelorette parties. Whitewater rafting, hot tubbing, beer tours? Are you kidding me? Yes please! Screw the mani pedi bullcrap. Few of my female friends would be willing to do stuff like that. All my guy friends would. We have the same friends. Eh.  

At least the boys and girls are battling in Lasertron at this one. I'm going to dominate. 

The bride's mom is a wonderful lady. She told me to ask for financial help if I needed it. I'm going to have to. If people don't pay me back for transportation alone, I'm out about 800 flippin' bucks. I'm also taking care of all the booze, food,favors & decorations. Which I was hoping for some compensation for.

People are still asking if I can pay for more because they're broke or whatever. Wow, I have a full time job unlike any of them, I must be a bloody billionaire... 

I'd rather spend some extra money to avoid a drama bomb at the wedding ruining everything. I already have to deal with the other maid of honor who is coming in from Cali... so named because if she didn't get that title, she was going to absolutely make the bride's life hell. My job, as given to me from the bride is to 1. Keep this girl from hogging everything 2. Make sure no one gets into a fist fight (punks/alt people and conservative parents) and 3. Maybe keep the bride from hurling on her own dress should the party get a little too wild 

I mean, a wedding at a goth club, we're going to have stories. Or it will be surprisingly boring. Extreme, one way or the other. 

I gather it would be less of a nightmare for me if this was a group of friends I was a part of and could delegate responsibilities to. I'm virtually planning a day long shindig for about a dozen people I don't know.

The joint one came up between d4rk and I because all the bachelor parties he gets invited to are SO much cooler than bachelorette parties. Whitewater rafting, hot tubbing, beer tours? Are you kidding me? Yes please! Screw the mani pedi bullcrap. Few of my female friends would be willing to do stuff like that. All my guy friends would. We have the same friends. Eh.  

At least the boys and girls are battling in Lasertron at this one. I'm going to dominate. 

Now I get the hoop training. Hanging out of the rafters upside-down sniping people is bad-ass.

I'd tell them to pay or they can't go. 

This was essentially the advice that I gave. Having had to be a part of a few bachelor parties in my time, the experience for me was: set the plans, figure out how much it costs, tell people how much it costs, see who wants in. If people can't afford it, either scale back or tell them too bad. I was at my cousin's bachelor a month ago and only one of his three brothers could make it. We had fun. It was no big deal. 

Josie was under the impression that as Maid of Honor she was on the hook for a lot of this financially, which is incorrect. I flipped when she told me that she thought she was. Oh hell no. Her only job is to organize this crap and everyone has to pay their fair share. 

In this situation it seems that the bride understands that her friends are all deadbeats and wants them to be able to be there, which is why her and her mother are chipping in. It's really not Josie's problem at all if these people can't afford it, but she always feels bad being, for lack of a better word, mean to people. I on the other hand don't have time for hurt feelings. 

I'm driving them all around in a big 10 passenger van on Saturday, so that's my part to ensure that neither myself or Josie is stressed out. 

But they all better pay their share. Them's the rules. 

This was essentially the advice that I gave. Having had to be a part of a few bachelor parties in my time, the experience for me was: set the plans, figure out how much it costs, tell people how much it costs, see who wants in. If people can't afford it, either scale back or tell them too bad. I was at my cousin's bachelor a month ago and only one of his three brothers could make it. We had fun. It was no big deal. 

Josie was under the impression that as Maid of Honor she was on the hook for a lot of this financially, which is incorrect. I flipped when she told me that she thought she was. Oh hell no. Her only job is to organize this crap and everyone has to pay their fair share. 

In this situation it seems that the bride understands that her friends are all deadbeats and wants them to be able to be there, which is why her and her mother are chipping in. It's really not Josie's problem at all if these people can't afford it, but she always feels bad being, for lack of a better word, mean to people. I on the other hand don't have time for hurt feelings. 

I'm driving them all around in a big 10 passenger van on Saturday, so that's my part to ensure that neither myself or Josie is stressed out. 

But they all better pay their share. Them's the rules. 

You are correct. 

Def gonna make d4rk wear silly hats. And I owe him big time for offering to drive and letting us use the apartment.

It will be fun. I'm just the group project person who always ends up doing the whole project. I was under the impression the other person in charge was going to take on a bigger role helping out, but that isn't the case. He's flipping me a hundred for transportation, so, good enough I guess. 

The bride is totally understanding about it all, so that helps. And for just about anyone else in the world I would've pitched my own tantrum. I swear I'm the only other person besides her in this group that could tie my own shoes without having a crisis. 

And the only other bachelorette party I'll ever have to plan in my life is my own, whatever that ends up being. So i'm doin' my time! 

Josie was under the impression that as Maid of Honor she was on the hook for a lot of this financially, which is incorrect.

This part is correct-o-mundo

She shouldn't be bearing the financial burden on all of this. I hope I didn't imply otherwise.

Def gonna make d4rk wear silly hats. And I owe him big time for offering to drive and letting us use the apartment.

It will be fun. I'm just the group project person who always ends up doing the whole project. I was under the impression the other person in charge was going to take on a bigger role helping out, but that isn't the case. He's flipping me a hundred for transportation, so, good enough I guess. 

The bride is totally understanding about it all, so that helps. And for just about anyone else in the world I would've pitched my own tantrum. I swear I'm the only other person besides her in this group that could tie my own shoes without having a crisis. 

And the only other bachelorette party I'll ever have to plan in my life is my own, whatever that ends up being. So i'm doin' my time! 

We're just gonna have a party or something. It'll be great. 

[soapbox] Modern wedding rituals are obnoxious, disrespectful, pointlessly inconvenient, and far too expensive. I find most of it to be incredibly contrived, trite, and completely opposed to concepts of family, community, and celebration. 

I hope that when Josie and I eventually do get around to this whole thing, we'll be able to throw a celebration that is modest, welcoming, and practical, and that seeks to bring our friends and family together instead of inconveniencing them financially and temporally. [/soapbox]

This part is correct-o-mundo

She shouldn't be bearing the financial burden on all of this. I hope I didn't imply otherwise.

No worries. 

[soapbox] Modern wedding rituals are obnoxious, disrespectful, pointlessly inconvenient, and far too expensive. I find most of it to be incredibly contrived, trite, and completely opposed to concepts of family, community, and celebration. 

I hope that when Josie and I eventually do get around to this whole thing, we'll be able to throw a celebration that is modest, welcoming, and practical, and that seeks to bring our friends and family together instead of inconveniencing them financially and temporally. [/soapbox]

Reverend!

blazing-saddles-gabby.gif

and there'll be good bourbon for all. That's the budget, right there.