Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Dear digital signs on the Scajaqueda: I am not going too fast. I do not need to slow down. Your speed limit needs to be increased. 40 is not dangerously fast on that road in dry conditions.

Related, does anyone know a good traffic attorney? Because I'm definitely going to need one to keep my license if they start heavily enforcing the speed :lol:

Edit: Unrelated, today I had a student who thought he could change the time of my class to not conflict with football practice. I mean...no? What would possess anyone to think this was an option?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Jo, I tried to PM you several times. I need the time and location. And your choice of outfit. Given the limited funds, it's either lumberjack or phlebotomist. Least popular options, but you get what you pay for.

A naughty stamp collector?

Jo, I tried to PM you several times. I need the time and location. And your choice of outfit. Given the limited funds, it's either lumberjack or phlebotomist. Least popular options, but you get what you pay for.

Eh, just do some shoddy The Crow style face paint and black leather. This here's a goth weddin' by gawd. 

And I'm afraid half the party is lesbian so you'll need a lady too. 

For the past three seasons I watched about 65% of all Sabres games at a little place within walking distance for me. I would walk in and find a seat and the manager would go and find the game on direct TV. They served Bell's Two Hearted on tap and Wed and Thursday were 3 dollar pints.  Wings were not bad but their chili was all world. The day we secured DFL and either Jack or Connor was my birthday and I was celebrating.  Some Hawks fans were giving me grief because they got there late and wanted my TV tuned to their game.  The Bartender threw them out.  

I drove by on my way to work this morning and there was a white letter in the door window.  "After 14 wonderful years we are closing for good.  Thank you for your support.  And Go Sabres".  I am bummed.  It was a gem.

For the past three seasons I watched about 65% of all Sabres games at a little place within walking distance for me. I would walk in and find a seat and the manager would go and find the game on direct TV. They served Bell's Two Hearted on tap and Wed and Thursday were 3 dollar pints.  Wings were not bad but their chili was all world. The day we secured DFL and either Jack or Connor was my birthday and I was celebrating.  Some Hawks fans were giving me grief because they got there late and wanted my TV tuned to their game.  The Bartender threw them out.  

I drove by on my way to work this morning and there was a white letter in the door window.  "After 14 wonderful years we are closing for good.  Thank you for your support.  And Go Sabres".  I am bummed.  It was a gem.

That blows man. My dad and I have a little hole in the wall local bar we go to for wings every week. Nothing like going into your own bar like that and they immediately put your beers and whiskey out for you. 

All day. This dude had all day, on top of the week already, to review my work. Never did it. Now I have to go hunt him down tomorrow and put a stress on my tester to rush it all out of the door in one day. Tomorrow's gonna suck

A naughty stamp collector?

You are incorrigible.

Eh, just do some shoddy The Crow style face paint and black leather. This here's a goth weddin' by gawd. 

And I'm afraid half the party is lesbian so you'll need a lady too. 

You are still corrigible, but I am losing hope.

The fact that we can watch Eichel again (!!!!) as an option over NFL football is a great thing!

I have people coming over so the NFL game is definitely going on :(

I'll get to watch the 1st period though, and hopefully the highlights if they're oline aftwerwards

Went to my fathers funeral today.  I am 33 years old and hadn't seen him since I was 12.  Parents divorced when I was 6 and only saw him like once or twice a year until I was 12.

Just went because it felt like the right thing to do , but hearing everyone say what a great guy and dad he was, almost started laughing...

Not going to get into detail, but things he did in the past, then ignoring his two oldest kids for almost 20 years, ###### him.

Worst thing is, I have 2 half brothers, and god knows how many other siblings I don't know about.

Mostly felt sorry for my step dad yesterday, he got really emotional yesterday about how he was my father , almost made me cry at my pub :)

Edited by Huckleberry

That's tough stuff to deal with, Huck.

Gonna be one of those days in this thread.

Found out yesterday that my BIL is now on the waiting list for a double lung transplant.  He's had breathing problems for a few years now.  Non-smoker.  Reasonably healthy otherwise.  Docs aren't sure of the cause, but he's got scar tissue growing in his lungs.  Effective is exactly like emphysema. Without the transplant he likely won't see his two daughters graduate from college.  We are starting to organize fundraisers for the family.  It's going to be expensive.  He'll need a chartered jet if and when donor lungs become available.  All that is out of pocket expense for them.  They are working class people.

And my uncle with ALS is rapidly sliding down hill.  It won't be much longer.....

Hope your BIL makes it we've, 

ALS is tough to deal with, in my town we got an MS clinic that also treats ALS patients.

The people with MS they can somewhat stabilize , but the people with ALS you just see them degrade rapidly so fast.

We put in a little ramp at our bar so they can come in, the old mayor didn't even want to pay for one...

Went to my fathers funeral today. I am 33 years old and hadn't seen him since I was 12. Parents divorced when I was 6 and only saw him like once or twice a year until I was 12.

Just went because it felt like the right thing to do , but hearing everyone say what a great guy and dad he was, almost started laughing...

Not going to get into detail, but things he did in the past, then ignoring his two oldest kids for almost 20 years, ###### him.

Worst thing is, I have 2 half brothers, and god knows how many other siblings I don't know about.

Mostly felt sorry for my step dad yesterday, he got really emotional yesterday about how he was my father , almost made me cry at my pub :)

Huckleberry - what an interesting experience and story. I empathize.

I have a very similar story, it just started when I was much younger (gone at 3, divorced at 4). Saw him sporadically a half a dozen times, thereafter. One day, 20 years ago when I was your age, he showed up at my office. I hadn't seen him in over 10 years. We went to a bar on Main Street and had a few beers. I was married, with kids, and he asked if he could get back into my life after 30 years. Thinking of MY kids, I declined. I hope his outreach assuaged any guilt he felt.

In any event, he died about five years ago. My uncle called and told me the news. I declined attendance. I, too, have (at least one) half brother. We've never met. I learned it was him who made sure I was invited. Gracious.

I've wondered, since, if I made the right decision. I think the experience for me would 've been just as you described it. I've concluded there's no right answer. Awesome step dad moment!

Edited by N'eo

Black Lives Matter.  They want to matter to me, and I hate seeing what our inner cities have become, but why don't they matter to African-Americans themselves?  

This morning on my way to work, on a very busy Cleveland thoroughfare, there were two males duking it out right in the middle of the street, and several others running around in the street egging them or (or perhaps trying to stop them).

This is the example they choose to set and then they complain when we don't take their BLM movement seriously.  It's tiring.  Get off your aXX, get a job, take advantage of all the free training programs that are out there.  

In short, improve your own life.  It's not my responsibility to do so, nor is it the governments.  

Your life.  Your problems.

Went to my fathers funeral today.  I am 33 years old and hadn't seen him since I was 12.  Parents divorced when I was 6 and only saw him like once or twice a year until I was 12.

I'm sorry for you, and I'm sorry to learn that someone neglected what could have been a great father-son relationship for over two decades.  I'm sorry that BOTH of you missed out on that.

Why list email as a method of contact on your craigslist ad if you're not actually going to reply to emails? 

That transformer I was looking for, that I posted in the Random Thread months ago, well I found several of them on craigslist in Buffalo. Email was the only thing listed, the items had been posted within a few days, and no matter how many times I tried, they didn't ever get back to me. Very frustrating. 

That transformer I was looking for, that I posted in the Random Thread months ago, well I found several of them on craigslist in Buffalo. Email was the only thing listed, the items had been posted within a few days, and no matter how many times I tried, they didn't ever get back to me. Very frustrating.

It's like, would a simple "sorry it's sold" be too much to ask.

Huckleberry - what an interesting experience and story. I empathize.

I have a very similar story, it just started when I was much younger (gone at 3, divorced at 4). Saw him sporadically a half a dozen times, thereafter. One day, 20 years ago when I was your age, he showed up at my office. I hadn't seen him in over 10 years. We went to a bar on Main Street and had a few beers. I was married, with kids, and he asked if he could get back into my life after 30 years. Thinking of MY kids, I declined. I hope his outreach assuaged any guilt he felt.

In any event, he died about five years ago. My uncle called and told me the news. I declined attendance. I, too, have (at least one) half brother. We've never met. I learned it was him who made sure I was invited. Gracious.

I've wondered, since, if I made the right decision. I think the experience for me would 've been just as you described it. I've concluded there's no right answer. Awesome step dad moment!

I probably would have done the same thing if he reached out to me, but he didn't even put in any effort, except via facebook with my twin brother.    I don't have facebook, I don't appreciate him not trying to do it face to face.

His 3rd wife didn't even put my name on the obituary because I didn't go to see him in the hospital on his deathbed.   well lets only communicate that via facebook some more.

Was lucky my manager gave me the green light to take a night off to go to the funeral, but here if you are not on the obituary you normally can't do it.

Edited by Huckleberry

Went to my fathers funeral today. I am 33 years old and hadn't seen him since I was 12. Parents divorced when I was 6 and only saw him like once or twice a year until I was 12.

Your step dad is a better man than I am. I never speak ill of my sons father to my son. I hold it all inside. When my boy was younger it was more difficult, but now it's getting easier. He's 12 now and it seems like his father has been knocked off of the pedestal. He used to be all "my dad, my dad, my dad...." I'm a shallow person, and that made my blood boil! But I held it in. Now he starts stories with "back when my dad was a good dad..." and part of me is sad for him, and part of me wants to high five him while doing a back flip because he's realizing what a piece of that guy is. But I hold all that in too. I never show any emotion one way or another towards his dad. But when that guy gets mentioned, or the phone rings those 2 times a month, the inside of my head turns into a swirling ball of rage. I always leave the room. I take the dogs outside, something to get me out of there before I let something slip.

... I don't know, your step dad sounds like a good guy, is all I'm saying....before I go into another rambling rage.

Your step dad is a better man than I am. I never speak ill of my sons father to my son. I hold it all inside. When my boy was younger it was more difficult, but now it's getting easier. He's 12 now and it seems like his father has been knocked off of the pedestal. He used to be all "my dad, my dad, my dad...." I'm a shallow person, and that made my blood ###### boil! But I held it in. Now he starts stories with "back when my dad was a good dad..." and part of me is sad for him, and part of me wants to high five him while doing a back flip because he's realizing what a piece of ###### that guy is. But I hold all that in too. I never show any emotion one way or another towards his dad. But when that guy gets mentioned, or the phone rings those 2 times a month, the inside of my head turns into a swirling ball of ###### rage. I always leave the room. I take the dogs outside, something to get me out of there before I let something slip.

... I don't know, your step dad sounds like a good guy, is all I'm saying....before I go into another rambling rage.

Hah yeah he is, but he pretty much is the same like you, we never really talk to much to each other either, except last night it suddenly all came out.

A lot of truly sad stuff in the thread today. My heart goes out to you guys. 

Not really me, but I went up to chimney bluffs in Sodus today to enjoy a badly needed vacation day/celebrate my first day as a 27 year old. I arrived to find fire dept, ambulance, sheriff, and a helicopter with basket. A man had fallen on the trail. They told me to go right ahead and hike, just be mindful that crews were still trying to get in and out. No problem. Was about a quarter of the way down the trail when I came upon the crews bringing the man through on a stretcher. The procession had a very solemn feel to it, no sense of urgency or relief. The gentleman  in the stretcher was older and motionless. I didn't look very closely out of respect to all involved. A few steps down the trail I came across where I believe the incident occurred. A misstep. Not hard to do on that trail. It's a pretty sheer drop- if you trip on one of the many tree roots or half buried stones, you could easily go a$$ over teakettle over the edge. 

Guy's on my mind. It didn't look good. I felt a little less safe hiking on my own. Watched a group of people nearly fall off the ledge by me trying to take a selfie.

Just be careful out there.