Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The Equifax data breach. What a bunch of idiots over there. Now I have to spend a bunch of my free time trying to learn about the ramifications and understand the ways in which I can monitor my credit and ensure my identity isn't being stolen and abused.  :censored:  :wallbash:  :doh:

Me too. And those knew for a while and sold their shares before they let it out. Hope they go to jail,... but we know they won't.

Every time I hear some whiny jagoff complaining about lifting regulations on the banking industry, I look at their record profits juxtaposed to my 401k, which after 25 years of putting in 10% of my salary into is just about worth the actual money that I've put into it, and they can all go screw. You too, Jamie Dimon. Douche.

Me too. And those ###### knew for a while and sold their shares before they let it out. Hope they go to jail,... but we know they won't.

Every time I hear some whiny jagoff complaining about lifting regulations on the banking industry, I look at their record profits juxtaposed to my 401k, which after 25 years of putting in 10% of my salary into is just about worth the actual money that I've put into it, and they can all go screw. You too, Jamie Dimon. Douche.

Pretty much all of your retirement options are ponzi schemes that you are late in on.

My complaint today.... jet lag. 6 timezones twice in a 4 day span. My body has no idea what time it is.

We're in the process of trying to hire another 1-2 people in the lab.  There are only 2 of us now, and I'm easily the most senior of everyone (current and under consideration) in years of experience, but one of the people we're hoping to hire (assuming the in-person interview goes well) sounds like a rock star in the areas where I have the least experience overall... and she'll probably be making half what I do.  I'm normally pretty confident in my abilities when it comes to work, but this whole thing has me feeling very insecure.  I know they are happy with the job I've done so far, but I can't help but think if I had applied to the job we're currently trying to fill, I wouldn't have even gotten an interview because my background doesn't quite line up with what they're looking for.  I want / need to talk to my boss about things, but I'm trying to figure out how to approach it the right way so it doesn't come off poorly.  I really just want to know that I can justify my salary relative to others in the group, whether it's through increased responsibility or something extra I bring to the table that the others don't have.

One of the sales managers I work with is a complete hot headed loon.  He should have been fired at least twice already, but my boss keeps stringing him along.  I could spend hours detailing how unprofessional and childish he is, but it's not worth my time to type it out.  He's pissed now because he's not included in "senior level" meetings about operations, web redesign, etc.  There are 9 people in our company.  He's a sales guy, who fashions himself as a boss and doesn't want to sell.  So the owner of the company (who I report to), told him that yesterday... "I don't want your ideas on the new website, I want you to sell."  After insulting him about how he only cares about money, he still wasn't fired.  Now he has "some closed minds deserve a closed fist" written on the whiteboard in his office.  Just fire his ass already so I can hire someone new to take over!  I'm so sick of his crap. 

End of the year golf outing this Saturday...I'm on the committee to set up the teams, handle the $$, etc. every week, so we all met last night to set up the final one of the year. It's amazing how much we argue over the pettiest of things - who's in, who's out, how much to allocate to prizes, how the teams should be done, and so on.

And this is all for about 45 guys - 20 or so of which constantly whine and complain about their average, how things aren't done right, how things aren't fair, blah, blah, blah. I work 50-60 hours a week and Saturdays are supposed to be relaxing. With this group of chuckleheads, that's impossible.

End of the year golf outing this Saturday...I'm on the committee to set up the teams, handle the $$, etc. every week, so we all met last night to set up the final one of the year. It's amazing how much we argue over the pettiest of things - who's in, who's out, how much to allocate to prizes, how the teams should be done, and so on.

And this is all for about 45 guys - 20 or so of which constantly whine and complain about their average, how things aren't done right, how things aren't fair, blah, blah, blah. I work 50-60 hours a week and Saturdays are supposed to be relaxing. With this group of chuckleheads, that's impossible.

This is precisely why I won't start a league. I could start a league tonight and have it full by tomorrow morning with 60 guys from work, whom I can tolerate/actually enjoy hanging out with. I won't do it because it always turns into a headache. A massive bitch fest.

"Frank, I'm not gonna tell ya again. Go in the clubhouse and enter your score into the USGA computer after every round if you want an accurate handicap."

Celiac's, IBS, gallbladder, idk wtf this is but I cannot be a graduate student and have this flare up like it has been for 3days at a time. It is physically impossible to have even close to the level of focus that is required for me to have a chance in these classes. 

Going to the campus doctor tomorrow or Friday, hopefully they have better suggestions than anyone did in NYS. 

Well here we are , after years of working in an industry where cheap and no service has been the thing ruining all.  

Some of our former clients and new ones are being booted out of surrounding airports for lack of space, Now we know we don't have the space or manpower any more.

Training new guys takes at least 6 months to a year, so we said no to any new airlines wanting to come to us.

Now desperation with those airlines is starting to kick in,  we say no, they say we'll pay more then when we left.  We say no again.

They go and talk to Brussels airport and say, that handler won't do us ( they only want us not the other two).   

Brussels airport comes to us, says hey your licence is up for renewal, this could help out a lot.   The airlines come back, hey name your price, only want to be with you.

So basically I can't see management saying no to  "hey name your price and we'll pay"  and not tripple our workload.

By end of next month I'm going to be so at work ....

It could be worse, we have an excel spreadsheet in a shared drive we use to balance our checking account.  There have literally been face to face meetings with people for the purposes of telling them: "For the love of god, do not "save as" or it creates multiple spreadsheets, all of them with different information.  Auditors love that .  Just hit the little blue button in the corner and leave it." 

Inexorably, there will be five copies of the spreadsheet in the folder within a day after it gets fixed. 

I'm home from work today because I have to take Jo for her procedure, but in the meantime I'm just kicking it on the couch. But the construction workers are on my balcony working and it's kinda weird. I want the blinds open but there's this big dude in jean shorts out there. This is probably awkward for both of us. 

I'm home from work today because I have to take Jo for her procedure, but in the meantime I'm just kicking it on the couch. But the construction workers are on my balcony working and it's kinda weird. I want the blinds open but there's this big dude in jean shorts out there. This is probably awkward for both of us. 

depends on what you are wearing... or not wearing 

122412msmo077.jpg

Edited by LGR4GM

These situations are always awkward, and it's significantly more awkward when juxtaposed to the comfort you normally feel in your own home! Back a few years ago, I had a major bathroom repair at my apartment. The maintenance guy was really nice, but he spent hours and hours in our place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My beloved recliner had a direct line of site to the bathroom. And it was a small place, so I really had nowhere to escape unless I lived in the kitchen. So if I sat and watched tv or did schoolwork, I also had to creepily watch him destroy and rebuild my shower....

And really, the reason for repair is worth sharing. One day I was just minding my business and taking a nice shower when I leaned on the wall... SMASH, my ass went straight through the tile and the wall crumbled down atop me. The drywall behind the tile was all rotted out from years of moisture.

depends on what you are wearing... or not wearing 

122412msmo077.jpg

:wub:

These situations are always awkward, and it's significantly more awkward when juxtaposed to the comfort you normally feel in your own home! Back a few years ago, I had a major bathroom repair at my apartment. The maintenance guy was really nice, but he spent hours and hours in our place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My beloved recliner had a direct line of site to the bathroom. And it was a small place, so I really had nowhere to escape unless I lived in the kitchen. So if I sat and watched tv or did schoolwork, I also had to creepily watch him destroy and rebuild my shower....

And really, the reason for repair is worth sharing. One day I was just minding my business and taking a nice shower when I leaned on the wall... SMASH, my ass went straight through the tile and the wall crumbled down atop me. The drywall behind the tile was all rotted out from years of moisture.

That is terrifying. When I was a kid I had an irrational fear of falling through the bathtub because I didn't understand building construction and just assumed that there was nothing underneath it :lol:

Now you know how I have felt every day this summer with construction workers banging away... heh... every... single... day.... How many mornings i've slept in a little bit only to find a worker staring in my 2nd story window... and I don't wear much when I sleep... 

This prep for this procedure sucks so hardcore. Nausea, passing out, weak... god. Misery. And I just knowwww they're not going to have any answers after it. All of it for nothing. 

I had a woman driving behind me on the highway for about 10 miles and she never once put her phone down.  Traffic was moving at a good pace, but its the morning drive so of course there was the occasional break tapping.  I was assuming I'd get rear ended each time I touched my brakes.  She was holding her phone up so high at certain points that I assume she was taking pictures.  And of course, she's crossing over the white line several times while following me.  I guess I'd rather have her behind me than in front of me, but my god are some people stupid.

I had a woman driving behind me on the highway for about 10 miles and she never once put her phone down.  Traffic was moving at a good pace, but its the morning drive so of course there was the occasional break tapping.  I was assuming I'd get rear ended each time I touched my brakes.  She was holding her phone up so high at certain points that I assume she was taking pictures.  And of course, she's crossing over the white line several times while following me.  I guess I'd rather have her behind me than in front of me, but my god are some people stupid.

No way. Unless you can leave her in the dust (which is sometimes impossible given the amount of traffic/lights,etc), you always want bad drivers like that in front of you so you can keep your eye on them and not get rear ended.