Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Thanks. And thanks to all. This place really is great. Pretty big turn around by the end of the day. She ate more food and more importantly, she drank a lot more water, and was actually happy.

I knew there was no way God was taking her from us yet,… cuz then she'd be his problem. :lol:

:) I'm glad she's doing better.

Thanks. And thanks to all. This place really is great. Pretty big turn around by the end of the day. She ate more food and more importantly, she drank a lot more water, and was actually happy.

I knew there was no way God was taking her from us yet,… cuz then she'd be his problem. :lol:

:D  :thumbsup:

bump

WildCard changed to a different Charlie avatar. More film noir. The new image evokes melancholy emotions.

I'm not one to complain this week, I got a functional promotion at work, my bar league teams are doing great, and McKinnon has turned around my Fantasy Football season. :beer: 

WildCard changed to a different Charlie avatar. More film noir. The new image evokes melancholy emotions.

I'm not one to complain this week, I got a functional promotion at work, my bar league teams are doing great, and McKinnon has turned around my Fantasy Football season. :beer:

Avatar was meant to reflect the current state of the Sabres ;)

How's she doing, Swamp?

I updated in the Awesome thread, but she is doing much better. It wasn't one major thing (thankfully), but a series of smaller things ending with her losing a tooth. She has started gaining weight again and is back to being her wonderful awful self.

Thanks.

Two weeks until all hell breaks lose at work.    Our management did their best to keep away any new clients because we don't have the people any more to handle them.

Even Our current booming Airlines still staying with us are putting us in trouble with more work.

But when you turn potential new airlines down 3x times , and they come back and say name your price there isn't much even management can do but say yes.

Lost a lot of good colleagues over the years because those same airlines left, training someone takes up to a year at least.  

I need to go ask to be paid a lot better if I'm going to have to deal with keeping things going semi functioning at work.

I've been burning the candle at both ends for a few weeks now with crunch time at work and still only having two people to do it all.  (My co-worker is awesome, but he's a junior person and I can't expect him to work insane hours just because I choose to.)  Multiple 12+ hour days, 4-5 hours of sleep (and sometimes less) per night.  So worn out.  But last week we successfully finished the first major test for our group, so my co-worker and I went out for happy hour after work on Friday.  I probably had a little more than I should have, but I thought I was okay to drive, and the restaurant/bar was only about 10-15 min. from home.  This is somewhere around 7:30pm.

About halfway home, extreme tiredness kicked in and I realized I was in trouble.  I'm sitting at stop lights, struggling to keep my eyes open, praying to God just to let me get home safely without hurting anyone.

I don't remember getting home, and woke up almost 2 hours later still sitting in the driver's seat of my car, somehow safely parked in the (narrow!) garage, when my boyfriend called me the second time to make sure I'd gotten home okay.

Scared the bejeesus out of me.  I'm so, so lucky and grateful that I didn't hurt anyone (including myself).

I've been burning the candle at both ends for a few weeks now with crunch time at work and still only having two people to do it all.  (My co-worker is awesome, but he's a junior person and I can't expect him to work insane hours just because I choose to.)  Multiple 12+ hour days, 4-5 hours of sleep (and sometimes less) per night.  So worn out.  But last week we successfully finished the first major test for our group, so my co-worker and I went out for happy hour after work on Friday.  I probably had a little more than I should have, but I thought I was okay to drive, and the restaurant/bar was only about 10-15 min. from home.  This is somewhere around 7:30pm.

About halfway home, extreme tiredness kicked in and I realized I was in trouble.  I'm sitting at stop lights, struggling to keep my eyes open, praying to God just to let me get home safely without hurting anyone.

I don't remember getting home, and woke up almost 2 hours later still sitting in the driver's seat of my car, somehow safely parked in the (narrow!) garage, when my boyfriend called me the second time to make sure I'd gotten home okay.

Scared the bejeesus out of me.  I'm so, so lucky and grateful that I didn't hurt anyone (including myself).

Glad you're okay. I had nights like that back in high school when I was a new driver and was still learning my limitations. I was driving home after setting up sound equipment for a gig one night and dozed off at the wheel. Woke up just as I was running the red light at Broadway and Transit. Slammed on the brakes and came to a stop in the intersection. I was lucky there was no one on the roads. 

If you ask me what the worst condition for driving is, I would tell you it's tired and sober. Awake and a little drunk just doesn't even compare. 

Glad you're okay. I had nights like that back in high school when I was a new driver and was still learning my limitations. I was driving home after setting up sound equipment for a gig one night and dozed off at the wheel. Woke up just as I was running the red light at Broadway and Transit. Slammed on the brakes and came to a stop in the intersection. I was lucky there was no one on the roads. 

If you ask me what the worst condition for driving is, I would tell you it's tired and sober. Awake and a little drunk just doesn't even compare. 

For me it's tired mixed with any amount (even one drink) of alcohol... seems to just exponentially magnify my exhaustion.  But I'll agree that tired and sober is worse than awake and a little drunk.

(And thanks.)

Wow!!! Glad you are safe

Please take this the right way: I hope it encourages you take care of yourself.

That kind of overwork will come back to bite you - if not immediately, then with long term health issues down the road.

Says the voice of experience.

Please take this the right way: I hope it encourages you take care of yourself.

That kind of overwork will come back to bite you - if not immediately, then with long term health issues down the road.

Says the voice of experience.

I appreciate it, (bob, too!), and although I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm still working too much this week, I did cancel pretty much all my plans last weekend so I could stay home and sleep as much as possible, and I'm going to try and take it easy this weekend as well.  Fingers crossed that the job candidate we're interviewing this afternoon is a good fit and can start quickly.

So, has anyone else ever brought their car in to get a new wheel bearing, only to have their break line miraculously break while on the mechanics lift? And after arguing back and forth, being stuck with the bill for the 2 break lines? My $391 wheel bearing bill turned into $620 dropped on a 12 year old car tonight...

FYI, DO NOT EVER take your car into the Pep Boys station on Elmwood Ave... I get out of work at 5:30 and they're open late so I thought I had no other choice, but it would have absolutely been worth dropping my car off somewhere else I trusted and leaving it there for an entire day and taking Uber to work and back. 

So, has anyone else ever brought their car in to get a new wheel bearing, only to have their break line miraculously break while on the mechanics lift? And after arguing back and forth, being stuck with the bill for the 2 break lines? My $391 wheel bearing bill turned into $620 dropped on a 12 year old car tonight...

FYI, DO NOT EVER take your car into the Pep Boys station on Elmwood Ave... I get out of work at 5:30 and they're open late so I thought I had no other choice, but it would have absolutely been worth dropping my car off somewhere else I trusted and leaving it there for an entire day and taking Uber to work and back. 

It is tough to stomach, but they probably did you a favor.  Chances are that break line was a rusted, ticking time bomb.  They may have saved someone's life.

It is tough to stomach, but they probably did you a favor.  Chances are that break line was a rusted, ticking time bomb.  They may have saved someone's life.

This may possibly be the case. I won't totally dismiss it. But my brake light has never came on before. Maybe 2 years ago or so but since then I've had no indication of a leak of any kind.

I'll keep telling myself that it was a ticking time bomb just to help stomach the cost (which hurts more when you're a recent graduate trying to make ends meet). But it's really hard to feel good about it when you have had zero indication of there being any issue until you bring it into their shop for the first time in your life.

Honestly, what are the odds that the brake line breaks the one time I put it on a Pep Boys lift? And if it broke while they were putting on a wheel bearing, shouldn't the fix fall on them? I don't know, the damage is done and the money is out of the account. I'm just going back and forth between trying to accept it and hoping I wasn't made a fool.

Found a neighbourhood mechanic I trust implicitly about five years ago.

Prior to that it was more than a decade of random mistrust and suspicion.

I hate what you're going through.

Yeah, I've always had a good experience with Mr. Tire funny enough. I wish I brought it to them in Depew. I didn't want my car in the shop for 2 days so I went to Pep Boys since they're open late, but the car was in for 2 days anyways once they found/made broken brake lines.  

Lesson learned I guess. This experience alone makes me want to learn all I can about cars in order to avoid this in the future. 

EDIT: Side note, if anyone who reads this has a mechanic in Buffalo that they truly trust and have a good working relationship with, let me know! I'm always willing to give people a chance based off of recommendations 

Edited by TheDominator