Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Celiac's, IBS, gallbladder, idk wtf this is but I cannot be a graduate student and have this flare up like it has been for 3days at a time. It is physically impossible to have even close to the level of focus that is required for me to have a chance in these classes. 

Going to the campus doctor tomorrow or Friday, hopefully they have better suggestions than anyone did in NYS. 

Gallbladder should only bother you with higher fat foods, but I hope the new doc can suggest something useful.  My guess is if it were something way worse (like Crohn's or ulcerative colitis) you wouldn't recover on your own after a few days, so as awful as it is, here's hoping it's something that can be helped.

And thanks for the laugh, Liger!   :lol:

Edited by biodork

There's a leak in my back bike tire and I never updated my bus pass for the fall semester so I'm stuck here and can't get to campus (no way I'm trekking more than a mile with the heat index over 100). 

I don't technically need to be on campus until Monday, but damn I'm bad at life. I should just drop out now :lol:

There's a leak in my back bike tire and I never updated my bus pass for the fall semester so I'm stuck here and can't get to campus (no way I'm trekking more than a mile with the heat index over 100). 

I don't technically need to be on campus until Monday, but damn I'm bad at life. I should just drop out now :lol:

Really?

Tennis elbow is improving albeit very very slowly.   Got one of those straps with the thing on it, which is helping.    Haven't taken a full swing in a few weeks, still getting in some short game work, probably ramp it up a bit next week.    Hockey is still a go, just can't take draws or execute stick lifts.

depends on what you are wearing... or not wearing 

122412msmo077.jpg

I'm sitting here in a coffee shop with this image on my mac book for the entire world to see.   Thanks for that.

I had a woman driving behind me on the highway for about 10 miles and she never once put her phone down.  Traffic was moving at a good pace, but its the morning drive so of course there was the occasional break tapping.  I was assuming I'd get rear ended each time I touched my brakes.  She was holding her phone up so high at certain points that I assume she was taking pictures.  And of course, she's crossing over the white line several times while following me.  I guess I'd rather have her behind me than in front of me, but my god are some people stupid.

Use your phone to take a picture of her in her car, and her license plate..  text it to 911.

I'm home from work today because I have to take Jo for her procedure, but in the meantime I'm just kicking it on the couch. But the construction workers are on my balcony working and it's kinda weird. I want the blinds open but there's this big dude in jean shorts out there. This is probably awkward for both of us. 

Now that's a legitimate complaint.   My condolences to you and yours.

That sucks.   You don't have a spare tube?   

The sedation wasn't enough and Josie was basically awake through the whole procedure and is now traumatized which is great

Agree w/ 11 on it. Hopefully the trauma was worth it & the doctors come ip w/ the answers she needs. Would be sweet if that low point truly is the demarcation point into excellent health for her.

Agree w/ 11 on it. Hopefully the trauma was worth it & the doctors come ip w/ the answers she needs. Would be sweet if that low point truly is the demarcation point into excellent health for her.

I hope so. The results were good. Docs said everything looks totally normal. Waiting on some biopsies but hoping that this ruled a lot of things out. It's the first and hardest step.

There are five people in my group at work.  Two of us have been in the group for years, the manager has been in place about a year, and he brought in two new guys.

Well next week, three of the five are going to be out:  The manager, who's taking two weeks off :wallbash: , one of the new guys who's going to Germany for Octoberfest :beer: , the other experienced person who's having surgery and will be out a month :unsure: , which will leave just me and the other new guy. And our workload has picked up lately.  The next week or two are gonna suck.

80 minutes to get to work this morning, when I specifically left early to get to a meeting. Missed the meeting. Bright side: it was a nice day to sit in traffic on backroads with the windows open, and I'm not the guy that lost the wrong-way sedan vs. semi encounter that started the whole thing. RIP.

80 minutes to get to work this morning, when I specifically left early to get to a meeting. Missed the meeting. Bright side: it was a nice day to sit in traffic on backroads with the windows open, and I'm not the guy that lost the wrong-way sedan vs. semi encounter that started the whole thing. RIP.

Ugh. :( 

Still sore from my ill fated GI spectacular last week. They took some cuts for biopsy and I'm still feeling it. Especially since my main hobby/part time job is smashing my body against metal hoops and dropping down silks. That was a freakin' traumatic event that should've just been a boring "wasn't that bad" footnote to be forgotten. If anyone ever wants to do a film treatment involving non-sedated forced alien probing, I've got some insight for you! Second time I've woken up during a damn surgery. How the hell can I be the girl that two advils knocks out, but heavy sedation can't keep down?

Side note: coming down from a shitton of fentanyl is awful. You've gotta be desperate to be doing that crap for fun. 

Ugh. :(

Still sore from my ill fated GI spectacular last week. They took some cuts for biopsy and I'm still feeling it. Especially since my main hobby/part time job is smashing my body against metal hoops and dropping down silks. That was a freakin' traumatic event that should've just been a boring "wasn't that bad" footnote to be forgotten. If anyone ever wants to do a film treatment involving non-sedated forced alien probing, I've got some insight for you! Second time I've woken up during a damn surgery. How the hell can I be the girl that two advils knocks out, but heavy sedation can't keep down?

Side note: coming down from a shitton of fentanyl is awful. You've gotta be desperate to be doing that crap for fun. 

Feel better soon, eh.

No worthy complaints here, at least not yet.  I had one on Monday, or Tuesday, but I have forgotten all about it.  Must not have been that terrible.