Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Workfridge drama reminds me of perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen at work. This involves two colleagues of mine, Crazy Lady and 9 Months Pregnant Lady (at the time, anyway). CL decides that she's going to clean out the fridge. Admirable. She even sent an email to the office as a whole stating she was going to do this. What she didn't do was give a single about anything after that, cleared out the fridge and felt good about it. Again, mental.

Pregnant Lady discovers, to her dismay, that Crazy Lady has disposed of her food that she put in the fridge twenty minutes prior when she arrived at work. I was not there, it have been told that the things that came out of her mouth were borderline satanic. Would have been fun to watch. Moral of the story: if you're gonna do good, make sure you actually do good.

Workfridge drama reminds me of perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen at work. This involves two colleagues of mine, Crazy Lady and 9 Months Pregnant Lady (at the time, anyway). CL decides that she's going to clean out the fridge. Admirable. She even sent an email to the office as a whole stating she was going to do this. What she didn't do was give a single ###### about anything after that, cleared out the fridge and felt good about it. Again, mental.

Pregnant Lady discovers, to her dismay, that Crazy Lady has disposed of her food that she put in the fridge twenty minutes prior when she arrived at work. I was not there, it have been told that the things that came out of her mouth were borderline satanic. Would have been fun to watch. Moral of the story: if you're gonna do good, make sure you actually do good.

addendum to moral: Don't F*ck with (Very) Pregnant Women 

Finally got in with a GI doc. aaaand I have to go through tests next month I've been dreading for years... which is why I've put it off for years. It's not like it's a huge horrible deal, I just don't don't DON'T want to go through it. But this place is really thorough, between the 6 vials of blood taken and the other gross lab things I have to do, they want a good baseline of data so maybe I can finally find a treatment plan and live a more normal life, maybe eat something besides the BRAT diet for once. 

d4rk had food poisoning as mentioned above and I'm like... this is 4 days out of every week for me. Ready to find a way out of that.

Any prognosis upper or lower GI. If upper small bowel could be a hiatel hernia. You drink a bunch chalky bland tasting crap and they image you. Lower usually CT scan with chalky stuff and an IV deal that makes your chest feel warm. Could be a number of things and then there is the pain in rear colonoscopy. Depends what they suspect. All are pretty quick deals.

"Lunchtime" is a fluid concept at my work (24/7 kinda place). But yes, for the love of all that is holy, don't toss a pregnant lady's food.

When they do it around here, they do it late on a Friday afternoon.  In a place like yours, it would be a good idea to put signs ON the fridge saying "This fridge will be CLEANED OUT on Friday at 4:00 PM."

addendum to moral: Don't F*ck with (Very) Pregnant Women 

An old lady at work asked my neighbor on monday when she's due.  That didn't go over well seeing as how she's not pregnant.  I figured that all women knew to never ask that question, but apparently not.

When they do it around here, they do it late on a Friday afternoon.  In a place like yours, it would be a good idea to put signs ON the fridge saying "This fridge will be CLEANED OUT on Friday at 4:00 PM."

Years ago, there was a sign on the fridge that read, "The refrigerator will be cleaned March 17, 2007. Anything not labeled will be thrown out" (I'm not sure of the day, but I remember March and the year for some reason). That day came and went with no apparent change. Fast forward one year, sign is still there, fridge is in the same not all that clean state. Feeling a bit churlish, I stuck a post-it over the 7 with "8" scrawled on it as a joke. A couple days later, the entire fridge is empty except for my one unlabeled bottle of Franks. What's strange is they did toss the unlabeled bottle of horseradish I brought in a few days before to go with the Beck on Weck I made for pot-luck.

At my last job, they did this religiously - clean out the fridge on the last Friday of every month. And when I say "clean out", I'm not joking. Literally, EVERYTHING that was in the fridge got tossed, regardless of whether it was labeled, new, old, moldy, whatever...and whoever cleaned it actually did a serious Mr Clean job on it, so it smelled brand new. There were signs posted on the fridge during the week leading up to the clean-out, so everyone knew the deal. It was their problem if their leftovers got tossed.

Last week, I was told that we (the non-management peons) are responsible for the condition/cleanliness of the fridge. This came from our Facilities Department, who oversees the physical grounds of the building. So, this tells me that nobody will take any action to clean it out and it will continue to be a mess for years to come.

And on to this week's complaint...

I may have mentioned in the past that my office is an open-cubicle environment, where any walls are about 3 feet high, so I can turn my head and look my neighbor in the eye. Thus, sounds carry very well throughout the room, occupied by about 30 people.

Today, everyone is loud. We have loud talkers who, while talking on the phone, can be heard from China. Three of those people have been on the phone at various times this morning, not to mention standing right next to my desk and talking loudly to my neighbor...they're also pretty close to sitting in my lap while doing so.

We also hear every single damn cell phone that's not in silent mode, and that constitutes about 90% of the phones in this room. I still (and always will) think it's unprofessional to leave the volume up on your phone in the office so everyone can hear your stupid-ass ring tone.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

And on to this week's complaint...

I may have mentioned in the past that my office is an open-cubicle environment, where any walls are about 3 feet high, so I can turn my head and look my neighbor in the eye. Thus, sounds carry very well throughout the room, occupied by about 30 people.

Today, everyone is loud. We have loud talkers who, while talking on the phone, can be heard from China. Three of those people have been on the phone at various times this morning, not to mention standing right next to my desk and talking loudly to my neighbor...they're also pretty close to sitting in my lap while doing so.

We also hear every single damn cell phone that's not in silent mode, and that constitutes about 90% of the phones in this room. I still (and always will) think it's unprofessional to leave the volume up on your phone in the office so everyone can hear your stupid-ass ring tone.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I hate when our office gets noisy. Very hard to work. At one point it was proposed that the engineering team be moved across the hall to where the sales team is in order to be closer to them. That plan was quickly struck down. Sometimes I have to come in early just to get work done in peace though, even though our side tends to be quieter overall. 

I hate when our office gets noisy. Very hard to work. At one point it was proposed that the engineering team be moved across the hall to where the sales team is in order to be closer to them. That plan was quickly struck down. Sometimes I have to come in early just to get work done in peace though, even though our side tends to be quieter overall. 

Whenever I say something about it, I always get told that putting headphones on and listening to something will drown out the noise or keep people away. Neither happens.

What was their reaction?

My reaction has been stronger than theirs so far.  I know they know I am a net benefit to the company.  In fact, I was singled out in a corporate wide meeting today for good things, so I don't fear my job.  I am probably being overly hard on myself.  I've put alot of pressure on myself to make sure the fix occurs swiftly and without error. 

I'm 22. The last time I vomited I was 12 years old. 

It has been one of my deepest darkest fears. 

It appears that I have a stomach bug. I wasn't feeling right all day but just passed it off as being tired. Then I took some medicine for some loose stool. Then I got a taste in my throat. 

It hasn't happened yet but I'm prepared for a night from hell. 

Good God, man! Get ahold of yourself. Now drink some ginger ale, or tea, or both and calm down. Stay a little hydrated, but don't overdo it. If you do yak, then you need to hydrate. Gatorade is your friend.

It's been an hour. You in the clear yet? I'd have pulled my trigger by now, but I don't have a vomit phobia, so I can't exactly relate.

Hope you feel better, dude.