Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Good God, man! Get ahold of yourself. Now drink some ginger ale, or tea, or both and calm down. Stay a little hydrated, but don't overdo it. If you do yak, then you need to hydrate. Gatorade is your friend.

It's been an hour. You in the clear yet? I'd have pulled my trigger by now, but I don't have a vomit phobia, so I can't exactly relate.

Hope you feel better, dude.

Thanks man :lol:

I don't really know what's happening. After getting really close I burped a few times and now I feel only mediocre, not terrible, though the rest of my digestive tract is groaning (which isn't unusual).

I might try going to sleep, idk. 

I'm 22. The last time I vomited I was 12 years old. 

It has been one of my deepest darkest fears. 

It appears that I have a stomach bug. I wasn't feeling right all day but just passed it off as being tired. Then I took some medicine for some loose stool. Then I got a taste in my throat. 

It hasn't happened yet but I'm prepared for a night from hell. 

You haven't puked the entire time you've been in college? Do you just have an iron stomach or do you just not/hardly drink? Get your nose out of all those physics books and start focusing on some beer bongs and other extra curriculars Flagg!

Edited by Drunkard

It may just be because I'm living in a disaster area at the moment BUT people who politicize these natural disasters like it's some sort of game are SICK in the head. WTF are they thinking. Peoples worst fears have come true and they're trying to gain some political advantage to this. Also the amount of looting going on in Houston is miniscule compared to what has happened to other cities but WTF are those people thinking. 

I promise not to use WTF anymore today.......

Edited by jsb

It may just be because I'm living in a disaster area at the moment BUT people who politicize these natural disasters like it's some sort of game are SICK in the head. WTF are they thinking. Peoples worst fears have come true and they're trying to gain some political advantage to this. Also the amount of looting going on in Houston is miniscule compared to what has happened to other cities but WTF are those people thinking. 

I promise not to use WTF anymore today.......

Good luck w/ it. Hope you were on high(ish) ground.

Am my own boss, so hoping to find an organizatiin in Ra-cha-cha that will do a matching donation to the Red Cross. Absolutely don't envy the effort/time the cleanup will take.

You haven't puked the entire time you've been in college? Do you just have an iron stomach or do you just not/hardly drink? Get your nose out of all those physics books and start focusing on some beer bongs and other extra curriculars Flagg!

I don't drink haha. 

All i've got is water, toast, rice, and chicken noodle soup in terms of bland things, and to get to the store means a 1.7 mile bike ride, so I'm staying right here. Nothing has happened since last night though, though I haven't eaten anything since dinner yesterday so we'll see how toast goes down. 

Thanks for all of your guys' moral support helping me to get through this :lol:

jsb, best wishes and good luck, and so sorry for what all of you down there have to deal with. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Thanks man :lol:

I don't really know what's happening. After getting really close I burped a few times and now I feel only mediocre, not terrible, though the rest of my digestive tract is groaning (which isn't unusual).

I might try going to sleep, idk. 

Bluh, feel better man.

I'm right there with you on vomiting. I have pretty bad emetophobia. Sounds of other GI distress freak me right out too. You've got GI problems like me, right? Maybe it's a thing about being so sick of/used to the pain that it triggers it... I'll scurry into the corner farthest away from the john if someone's teetering on praying to the porcelain god. I'll put in headphones and shake. I'm an absolute nut and it's embarrassing. 

I woke up the other morning to my mom hurling her toenails up. Not sick, just a terrible med she's on and anxiety. It sounds dumb, but if someone's hurling from a non contagious reason, while it still grosses me out, I can handle the situation way better. 

Pretzles and ginger ale. Those are my secret weapons. Good luck!

---

No real complaints today.. just that car insurance, health insurance, taxes (jesus f.c. taxes), and new tires for my car all hit at the same time and I had to dip into my hard won savings today.... God I'm SO CLOSE to being profitable, and then a month like this hits and i'm 4.5k behind again...  

Bluh, feel better man.

I'm right there with you on vomiting. I have pretty bad emetophobia. Sounds of other GI distress freak me right out too. You've got GI problems like me, right? Maybe it's a thing about being so sick of/used to the pain that it triggers it... I'll scurry into the corner farthest away from the john if someone's teetering on praying to the porcelain god. I'll put in headphones and shake. I'm an absolute nut and it's embarrassing. 

I woke up the other morning to my mom hurling her toenails up. Not sick, just a terrible med she's on and anxiety. It sounds dumb, but if someone's hurling from a non contagious reason, while it still grosses me out, I can handle the situation way better. 

Pretzles and ginger ale. Those are my secret weapons. Good luck!

---

No real complaints today.. just that car insurance, health insurance, taxes (jesus f.c. taxes), and new tires for my car all hit at the same time and I had to dip into my hard won savings today.... God I'm SO CLOSE to being profitable, and then a month like this hits and i'm 4.5k behind again...  

Honestly I'm exactly the same way so it's really comforting to read that :) And yeah, I've always had problems on the other end. And yup - if someone is drunk I am totally fine and will hold their hair back. Or carsick, or something. But not if there's any chance that I catch whatever it is that is making the do that. Thanks! 

I wonder if stress/anxiety are part of the culprit for me, I was pretty damn upset last night during my textbook readings because I wasn't making progress through the pages or in my understanding and I just had to give up. 

I guess we'll find out one way or another as soon as I eat this toast lol

Honestly I'm exactly the same way so it's really comforting to read that :) And yeah, I've always had problems on the other end. And yup - if someone is drunk I am totally fine and will hold their hair back. Or carsick, or something. But not if there's any chance that I catch whatever it is that is making the do that. Thanks! 

I wonder if stress/anxiety are part of the culprit for me, I was pretty damn upset last night during my textbook readings because I wasn't making progress through the pages or in my understanding and I just had to give up. 

I guess we'll find out one way or another as soon as I eat this toast lol

I'd bet money that's a big part of it. 

I get major flareups that bring on nausea (fairly rare for me) when I'm going through anxiety insanity. Which is to say, most of the last year haha 

I've had times where I felt horrible but soldiered on and then suddenly other people around me got it... realized I'd had a stomach flu but it's so similar to my daily struggles I ignored it. 

But yeah, there are dozens of us weirdo emetophobes out there! Yay..? It's seriously one of the reasons I'm afraid to have kids. Kids = schools = constant norovirus and such. Stupid stupid reason, I know. I worry about my mothering/nursing skills while I'm in the other room rocking back and forth... blood? We good. Broken bones? I'm on it. Upset tummy? I'll be out in the back 40 cowering in shame if you need me sweetie, bye... 

At my last job, they did this religiously - clean out the fridge on the last Friday of every month. And when I say "clean out", I'm not joking. Literally, EVERYTHING that was in the fridge got tossed, regardless of whether it was labeled, new, old, moldy, whatever...and whoever cleaned it actually did a serious Mr Clean job on it, so it smelled brand new. There were signs posted on the fridge during the week leading up to the clean-out, so everyone knew the deal. It was their problem if their leftovers got tossed.

Last week, I was told that we (the non-management peons) are responsible for the condition/cleanliness of the fridge. This came from our Facilities Department, who oversees the physical grounds of the building. So, this tells me that nobody will take any action to clean it out and it will continue to be a mess for years to come.

Once had a colleague complain to the supermarket about the expired sandwich he got from them.

But he got the response they throw out everything not sold into the dumpster , so after making himself look like an Idiot he comes back.

Opens the fridge and realizes he was eating the sandwich he forgot about two weeks earlier while his new one was still there.

Really I never put anything in that fridge, I would forget things to, but my colleagues who are always complaining about the state the fridge is in.

Are the ones leaving such a mess behind.

Edit: also doubt that fridge has been cleaned out in over 4 years  :sick:

Edited by Huckleberry

I'm supposed to be on vacation.  Yet here I am, having to answer emails and jump on webex.  I get 10 paid days off each year.  Leave me the F alone while I try to enjoy them.  It's not my boss.  He respects it.  Customers don't damn care though.  They got the auto-email declaring I'm on vacation.  That doesn't stop them. 

For pretty much the entire month, my boss and I have been trying to dig out of a major mistake that someone else made.  Basically, this person decided to make a ton of changes to the way data was collected for a project without running them by anyone.  His/her changes have made a good portion of the data unusable.  We're forced to try to recover it even though the only real solution is to undo all of those changes.  Now we just have to convince the unconvincable (apparently that's not a word, but screw you, browser spell check).

For pretty much the entire month, my boss and I have been trying to dig out of a major mistake that someone else made.  Basically, this person decided to make a ton of changes to the way data was collected for a project without running them by anyone.  His/her changes have made a good portion of the data unusable.  We're forced to try to recover it even though the only real solution is to undo all of those changes.  Now we just have to convince the unconvincable (apparently that's not a word, but screw you, browser spell check).

Pretty fire-able offense around here. Are they a senior member?

Finally seeing the effects of #Harvey.  Our gas prices went up $.22 over the last two days, and some QTs are out of gas.

Besides that, did you miss that entire episode?? It didn't appear although I don't know for a fact that it missed the entire DFW area. What a break my friend, Harvey was a baaaaad man.

I don't drink haha. 

All i've got is water, toast, rice, and chicken noodle soup in terms of bland things, and to get to the store means a 1.7 mile bike ride, so I'm staying right here. Nothing has happened since last night though, though I haven't eaten anything since dinner yesterday so we'll see how toast goes down. 

Thanks for all of your guys' moral support helping me to get through this :lol:

jsb, best wishes and good luck, and so sorry for what all of you down there have to deal with. 

Man, that seems like a waste. These are your prime drinking years when you can power through a hangover with little effort. My tolerance for booze hasn't really gone down any from my college days but my recovery time feels like it has doubled.

Man, that seems like a waste. These are your prime drinking years when you can power through a hangover with little effort. My tolerance for booze hasn't really gone down any from my college days but my recovery time feels like it has doubled.

I honestly just don't like alcohol though - and I'm such an introvert that missing out on social things because of it doesn't phase me. I need that time to make fancy lists and charts anyway :P 

I'm supposed to be on vacation.  Yet here I am, having to answer emails and jump on webex.  I get 10 paid days off each year.  Leave me the F alone while I try to enjoy them.  It's not my boss.  He respects it.  Customers don't damn care though.  They got the auto-email declaring I'm on vacation.  That doesn't stop them. 

The last two days I've had off, I got the same thing. My boss respects it (barring any emergencies), but others around here don't know or don't care that I'm off and keep calling. I mean...don't bother to listen to my voice mail greeting, consult the public calendar that I updated, or see my out of office response that clearly say I have the day off.

The previous boss I had made my lazy co-worker call me because said lazy co-worker did no research on a problem. I ripped into him, but he told me not to blame him because the boss told him to call me.  :huh:

Complaint: Had a system-wide outage yesterday that took down our email from midnight to 5:30pm. All day long it looked like a server problem until one of the server admins found our firewall vendor released a "critical" update to the firewalls that caused the problem. Our firewall guy (luckily not me) was beside himself and my group took a ton of heat.