Idle SabreSpacer speculation re: Patrick Kane

sweetlou

I said the other day how much I don't want Kane here but if Adams and the staff think he can still help, they know more than me so I'd be "OK" with it.

The more I read this might be closer to happening, I dont' want Kane here.  Even if Adams and staff think he can help, please, I just really don't want him here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I said the other day how much I don't want Kane here but if Adams and the staff think he can still help, they know more than me so I'd be "OK" with it.

The more I read this might be closer to happening, I dont' want Kane here.  Even if Adams and staff think he can help, please, I just really don't want him here.

I told my partner today that this PK thing might have some legs and he might be coming. She reminded me that a friend of her family was assaulted by Kane. I felt like such an idiot for not remembering. This hits home for the in-laws. For all the Eichel was an a-hole, and we need to clean up the locker room stuff, I think I’ll struggle with this one as a person myself;  but also the judgement of the FO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

I told my partner today that this PK thing might have some legs and he might be coming. She reminded me that a friend of her family was assaulted by Kane. I felt like such an idiot for not remembering. This hits home for the in-laws. For all the Eichel was an a-hole, and we need to clean up the locker room stuff, I think I’ll struggle with this one as a person myself;  but also the judgement of the FO. 

Respectfully, Kane was innocent. 

He has been with the same woman since 2012. They have a 2 year old son. I believe engaged too.

it’s a shame that false allegations can follow someone the rest of their life and they are condemned by public opinion

Also of note: Kevyn Adams knows Kane well…having been his roomate when he entered the league. They have remained friends. Don Granato was an asst coach in Chicago and Kane really likes him

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • dislike 2

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Respectfully, Kane was innocent. 

Also of note: Kevyn Adams knows Kane well…having been his roomate when he entered the league. They have remained friends. Don Granato was an asst coach in Chicago and Kane really likes him

Right or wrong there are people who think he’s innocent and guilty. There will be division to some extent.

I would have been more open to Kane coming to Buffalo in his prime. Something tells me it’ll be Staal 2.0 just so he retires as a member of his hometown childhood team.

As fans we’ll hope for the best and justify his presence if it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Right or wrong there are people who think he’s innocent and guilty. There will be division to some extent.

I would have been more open to Kane coming to Buffalo in his prime. Something tells me it’ll be Staal 2.0 just so he retires as a member of his hometown childhood team.

As fans we’ll hope for the best and justify his presence if it happens.

Kane has been working extremely hard. In the video from September, he already looked good.  I’d expect him to be capable of 90 points if playing on a line with good players

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Laugh now^ eat crow later when he’s an elite forward here.  Had 90 pts just 2 years ago on an awful Chicago team. Still put up 57 pts last year on tanking Hawks while playing hurt. 

I’ll make a friendly wager with you. $50 to a charity of your/my choice.

On ANY NHL team he plays for this season ….

If Patrick Kane gets more than 59 points in the 23-24 regular season, I’ll donate to a well known and established charity of your choice.

If Patrick Kane gets 59 points or less in the 23-24 regular season, you donate to a well known and established charity of my choice.

48 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’ll make a friendly wager with you. $50 to a charity of your/my choice.

On ANY NHL team he plays for this season ….

If Patrick Kane gets more than 59 points in the 23-24 regular season, I’ll donate to a well known and established charity of your choice.

If Patrick Kane gets 59 points or less in the 23-24 regular season, you donate to a well known and established charity of my choice.

Frankly I doubt he makes it to 23-24

I think he'll sign, play well enough to be useful and fun to watch. Then after the post season ends we'll get knowledge he plans to pack it up due to the intense hip discomfort he's dealing with.

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

He can't be worse than our captain though.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I've basically resigned myself to this happening. It could work, I'm skeptical but we'll have to wait and see. 

I think this is where most people are at.  My excitement lies in the idea that if Kane signs then they have to get off the pot and make some other moves now to improve the team rather then just hoping everyone develops. One way or another it should mean the end of VO.  

If  the only thing Kane does is improve the PP then it is an improvement over VO this season.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Holy ***** life comes at you fast lol

Faster and faster every year.

+++++

I think a deal is in place pending a physical.

First game aroung December 1st.

Kane will get the Sabres to the playoff.  

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

I can put my fan blinders on and root for virtually anyone. So the off ice stuff - so be it. Lot's of morons in the world. Sure there are a few on the Sabres team right now, whether we know it or not.

Assuming (big assumption) he is really feeling good and healthy - worst case, he is a .75 point a game player. Who doesn't want that? None of our current prospects are capable of that (yet).

Here is the thing - every player - I mean literally - every player who had this surgery...never gets over the discomfort, and they retire. Every single one. Why would Kane be different?

13 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

I can put my fan blinders on and root for virtually anyone. So the off ice stuff - so be it. Lot's of morons in the world. Sure there are a few on the Sabres team right now, whether we know it or not.

Assuming (big assumption) he is really feeling good and healthy - worst case, he is a .75 point a game player. Who doesn't want that? None of our current prospects are capable of that (yet).

Here is the thing - every player - I mean literally - every player who had this surgery...never gets over the discomfort, and they retire. Every single one. Why would Kane be different?

Does one mistake make him a moron?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.