Idle SabreSpacer speculation re: Patrick Kane

sweetlou

I wouldn't hate if they brought in Kane, he'd give us about a 50 point player if he can stay healthy and provide playoff leadership if/when we get there this season. I also wouldn't hate seeing Rosen or Kulich get some valuable minutes being called up until Quinn is back. Either way I'd still much rather spend the money on a viable goalie since imo that is the more pressing need getting a solid mentor for Levi and someone who can help get us to the playoffs if Levi is injured or burned out.

On 9/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, nfreeman said:

BTW:  I've seen a few posters mention that they aren't able to embed tweets -- but I was able to do so in my post above.  Maybe it's just an issue when trying to do so on a phone?

I always see the url for twitter as twitter.com.  Apparently for some people it comes in as x.com.  Even if I click on an x.com link it loads as twitter.com.  Not sure why some people see it as x.com but I think when someone pastes in an x.com link it doesn't render.

13 hours ago, tom webster said:

I think the leadership in Buffalo is strong enough to overcome any issues Patrick would bring.

But would issues he might bring overshadow any experience they would be bringing him in for?  I think the locker room is finally in a good place; I'd be loathe to disrupt it now.

13 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Evander Kane wouldn’t be negatively influencing anyone. Gionta and Gorges will have the room  locked down.

How did that work out?

29 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Trusting Kane to return to form in short order after hip surgery at his age is a probably some misplaced trust. Not to mention the team needs to evolve from offense-only into two-way hockey this season and Kane has never been anything but a defensive liability in that regard.

Yea for that reason and others …. Kane can go toy around somewhere else. NYR, NYI, or NJD would be a good fit for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Would he be an upgrade over Zach Benson?😛

It may sound crazy but Benson may get a look in the regular season. He is getting rave reviews from teammates and DG. I know they want to pump his tires and put him in a position to succeed but he has done well and seems to elevate everyone’s game.

16 minutes ago, French Collection said:

It may sound crazy but Benson may get a look in the regular season. He is getting rave reviews from teammates and DG. I know they want to pump his tires and put him in a position to succeed but he has done well and seems to elevate everyone’s game.

I could see him start the season with Tage and Skinner if they click in preseason. Benson is so good defensively and could get the puck to Tage and Skinner at the right times offensively.

Skinner Tage Benson

Greenway Mitts Tuch

JJ Cozens  Quinn (VO, Kulich,Rosen until he is back)

would be a very balanced top 9.

Do I think it is likely this year? Probably not but stranger things have happened and Benson is that good. He would be a great player to play with Tage.

10 hours ago, French Collection said:

I like what I’ve seen and heard about Benson.  I do wonder if Savoie’s path is tied to Benson’s.  I don’t know how much it will matter but keeping Benson over Savoie might ruffle feathers. I know it’s professional sports but this team has raved about their culture and I wonder if something like this might challenge that.  

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

I like what I’ve seen and heard about Benson.  I do wonder if Savoie’s path is tied to Benson’s.  I don’t know how much it will matter but keeping Benson over Savoie might ruffle feathers. I know it’s professional sports but this team has raved about their culture and I wonder if something like this might challenge that.  

Good point.

Savoie may stick around because of his injury. Maybe he gets a look too. His speed is labelled as NHL caliber.

On 9/25/2023 at 5:58 AM, inkman said:

If this team is going to decide who makes the roster based on who gets their feelings most hurt it has zero chance of success. 

There can only be one rationale. Be the best and you play. End of story. 

Having said that, juniors still eligible to be the best in junior have to accept that. It's the smarter thing to do. 

Kane would never choose this type of roster.  He's at best looking to Buffalo as leverage to go to a more veteran club.  I like the semantics of a Kane addition, however I just don't see it from his perspective.  At this point he will likely go to a Carolina or someone of that ilk.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/25/2023 at 8:58 AM, inkman said:

2 things, I don't think that who Savoie is. 

Second, if that is who he is, trade him. If you being surpassed by someone upset your culture, your culture is rotten.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.