GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Jävə Keith said:

The flags were given away at game earlier this year (first 10,000 fans kind of thing). I got one, they are nice. Mine is currently hanging just below my TV for inspiration.

Perhaps the BFLO Store will have them. They recently partnered with the Sabres and have lots of swag. Especially at their flagship store.

I looked there, no luck. I am debating throwing a Hail Mary and reaching out to the org. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

I looked there, no luck. I am debating throwing a Hail Mary and reaching out to the org. 

Doubt they have any left that they're good with giving away/selling.  Pretty sure there were more people at that game than there were flags given away.

But maybe you might get lucky with an E-bay search.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Doubt they have any left that they're good with giving away/selling.  Pretty sure there were more people at that game than there were flags given away.

But maybe you might get lucky with an E-bay search.

I was just hoping they’d point me in the fire too of where to purchase. 

Quick thoughts:  

Greenway looking much more comfortable here.

Mitts is our Minnesota Army Knife. Looks like he’ll do whatever DG asks.  He is clearly one of best passers and playmakers on this team. Casey one point from 50 and only skater to play in every game.  

Tuch just loves being a Sabre.  He really elevated today with TNT out.  

Skinner is a better player today then when he got here.  Takes so much more joy when playing now.

UPL made some great plays, but also some that leave you scratching your head. 

Milestone watch

Tnt  1g from 45 and 1 pt from 90

Skinner 2 goals from 35 and 2 points from 75.  Now 10 pts past his previous career high.

Tuch’s hattie gave him 35 and he’s 2 pts from 75.  Previous highs were 20 goals and 52 pts.

Dahlin 3 pts from 70.

Cozens 2 goals from 30 and 3 pts from 65

VO still needs 4 for 30.

Quinn 1 goal from 15 and 4 pts from 40.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 4

We won. And thats all that matters.  But they won’t get away with all the unforced turnovers against FL.  Way, way too many intercepted passes and pucks sent to nowhere.  That was living dangerously.  Good thing Philly is a bad hockey team.

I thought Looby and Stillman were pleasantly invisible for the most part.

I also though Power and Joki struggled much of the game.  Power needs to learn to use his body to separate pucks from skaters.  He rarely makes contact and its gotten more noticeable as the games have gotten more intense.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

We won. And thats all that matters.  But they won’t get away with all the unforced turnovers against FL.  Way, way too many intercepted passes and pucks sent to nowhere.  That was living dangerously.  Good thing Philly is a bad hockey team.

I also though Power and Joki struggled much of the game.  Power needs to learn to use his body to separate pucks from skaters.  He rarely makes contact and its gotten more noticeable as the games have gotten more intense.

Unforced errors. Intercepted passes. Pucks sent to nowhere. Pretty good synopsis of the whole season. If you combine all of that with their awful performance at the face off dot and losing puck battles with regularity (all possession killers) it’s stunning that this team is in the top 3 in the league in scoring. Is that an indication of the skill this team possesses or a sign of them abandoning defensive responsibility for the sake of activating offense?

Clean up or improve upon those things at the top and …. oh my. 😲

22 minutes ago, Weave said:

Joki and Brysons slots are open for roster improvement next year. 

I have been down on Mitts since last year. I give him credit for his hustle and some passing but he blows so many opportunities with the puck being lost so often. Always shoots wide.  To me, he's a 3rd, 4th liner on his best day and another contract offer should be modest at best, if they wish to keep him over a young guy who can actually shoot. . JMO. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Way too many chances to breakout and then they turn it over with poor passes or weak board play.  The forwards are just as guilty as the defense for this.   There are forwards on just about every line that struggle in our zone.  

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

Unforced errors. Intercepted passes. Pucks sent to nowhere. Pretty good synopsis of the whole season. If you combine all of that with their awful performance at the face off dot and losing puck battles with regularity (all possession killers) it’s stunning that this team is in the top 3 in the league in scoring. Is that an indication of the skill this team possesses or a sign of them abandoning defensive responsibility for the sake of activating offense?

Clean up or improve upon those things at the top and …. oh my. 😲

Face offs matter and they need to keep working on it.  D and O zone face offs are very important.  

3 hours ago, Night Train said:

Joki and Brysons slots are open for roster improvement next year. 

I have been down on Mitts since last year. I give him credit for his hustle and some passing but he blows so many opportunities with the puck being lost so often. Always shoots wide.  To me, he's a 3rd, 4th liner on his best day and another contract offer should be modest at best, if they wish to keep him over a young guy who can actually shoot. . JMO. 

A 49 point fourth liner? What league are you watching?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Levi’s dedication to his craft and attention to detail will make both UPL and Comrie better goalies. They will have to work OT just to keep up.  Don’t be surprised if they start mediating.

Was there a dispute?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.