GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Tonight will tell us a lot about granato.  A bad opponent which nevertheless has had the sabres' number twice. Can he figure it out and adapt his team to beat them? That is the exact coaching challenge he would need to execute to win a playoff series

Keep the same focus on defense we had last night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

The Sabres are on the B2B this time. They may find it harder to buzz around for extended periods of time.

I think they can see evidence of what team defense can do and focus on that and counterpunch on the rush.

I would guess Comrie in net, hopefully inspired by Levi’s challenge, has a good game.

4-3 Sabres.

Let’s go Buffalo!

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This sort of fits better in this thread despite it coming from the previous GDT.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The team had an emotional high with Levi. They can let him enjoy that. Now it's back to work (I'd go Comrie who has also looked decent lately). The key is how does the team respond against a team/coaching style that has given them all sorts of trouble this season. If the Sabres can get a couple goals early (or via PP) or whatever to take the lead, they'll blow Philly out of the water. But if Philly can get a lead and go full Torts... will the Sabres show the resolve they showed for Levi?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

The Sabres are on the B2B this time. They may find it harder to buy around for extended periods of time.

I think they can see evidence of what team defense can do and focus on that and counterpunch on the rush.

I would guess Comrie in net, hopefully inspired by Levi’s challenge, has a good game.

4-3 Sabres.

Let’s go Buffalo!

My thoughts exactly. They played a tighter game and it made me wonder if they should not develop that approach to more games. 

The Buffalo Sabres can extend their point streak to five games tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Center. 

The Sabres are 3-0-1 in their last four contests coming off a 3-2 overtime victory over the New York Rangers at home on Friday. Devon Levimade 31 saves in his NHL debut. 

Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. The puck drops at 7 on MSG and WGR 550. 

Tage Thompson has not been ruled out to play against the Flyers, Sabres coach Don Granato said postgame on Friday. Thompson missed his second consecutive game with an upper-body injury.

"There is (a chance)," Granato said. "I would say slight because it's back-to-back. But what he has can resolve to the point where he's pain-free at any moment. We'll see and hope that that's the case."

Jordan Greenway and Mattias Samuelssonboth returned from upper-body injuries against the Rangers. Greenway scored his second goal with the Sabres; Samuelsson returned to the top defense pair and skated 22:13.

The Sabres are looking to bounce back from their last visit to Philadelphia, a 5-2 loss on March 17. Victor Olofsson scored both goals for the Sabres. Owen Tippett had a hat trick for the Flyers.

That game ignited a seven-game point streak for Philadelphia (5-0-2), which continued with an overtime loss to Ottawa on Thursday. Tippett has eight points (5+3) during the run.

Felix Sandstrom (2-10-3, .887 save percentage) is expected to make his third straight start in goal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just play the same defensive game they played in the first 2 periods against the Rangers.  Philly has way less fire power.  Look to make smart stretch passes and quick breakouts.   Philly cannot contain us again. 

Time to put Philly in their place.  

6-2 Buffalo, doesn’t matter who the goalie is tonight.   That what I want to see. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It would be nice to see Levi again but I just don't think Granato will do it. Will he reward the kid and play the 'hot hand' or will he play it more conservatively and ease him into the mix? Levi gained a ton of confidence last night and seemed pretty cocksure to begin with so I'd take a chance on him again but I don't think Meatballs will. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.