GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

PromoTheRobot

Lots of props to UPL! 

good overall team effort , took awhile to get going but UPL kept them in it and made some big saves throughout 

April 1st and they are definitely in the hunt.  

no matter what happens these next 8 games , things are trending up biggley! 

edit.   7 more games 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 5

Just now, Sabres73 said:

If the Islanders lose at Carolina tomorrow, we're 6 points back with 3 games at hand. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility to still catch them. They look like a team that could go on a losing skid, hopefully. 😀

They always do look that way.  The goalies USUALLY keep it from becoming reality.  But hoping the bottom falls out there.

5 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

So, if a team quits playing defense, it’s okay for the goalie to quit trying to stop pucks? 

Also, you missed the joke. 

Do you really believe that Comrie deliberately quit trying to stop pucks? The team let him down in that game and it responded well in his next game where they won. Apparently, I did miss the joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Stads said:

Quinn?

I think he's referencing the Jack who has 8 less goals and 4 less assists this year than Tuch.  For you keeping score at home, that means the Masshole has 12 less points than Tuch this season (and I'm not even bringing up Krebs, Östlund and Greenway - who we traded the 2nd we got from LV from)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just some quick thoughts on this game. 

Tuck gets the first star. 

UPL gets the second star. He made a lot of good saves. 

Mitts played well. He got three assists in this game. He made a number of high-end passes. The drop pass to Tuch for a score was impressive. 

Krebs made a precise pass to Okposo for his score. And Quinn made another nice pass along the boards to Tuch for the SH goal. For a big man Tuch can be nifty. He also has a quick shot. 

I liked Joki in this game. Power's game is so efficient that sometimes you don't appreciate how well he is playing. 

Considering this was a back to back game I liked the Sabres effort. Sometimes they had difficulty getting the puck out of their zone but they kept pushing. 

I was surprised that Granato went with UPL in net. The coach has a pulse of the team and his players. Maybe the addition of Levi elevates this big goalie's game. 

In the past 5 games the Sabres have earned 9 out of 10 points. The Sabres have played with Tage out of the lineup and when he was hurting. Collectively, the players are stepping up. 

Attached is a link of the standings from NHL.com. I didn't think that the Sabres could get to 90 points. I may be wrong. That would be a 15 point improvement from the previous year. That's progress. 

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2022/wildcard

28 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sloppy game. So many turnovers and a terrible start but fortunately Philly is garbage so we took it to them in the second and finally beat those hacks. Great game for Tuch. 

Obviously, the Florida game is indeed a playoff like game. Levi against the team that traded him? I think it should be. 

Levi will play Tuesday.  We were so awful with turnovers tonight - my guess is the sh*tty ice surface led to at least some of this

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just some quick thoughts on this game. 

Tuck gets the first star. 

UPL gets the second star. He made a lot of good saves. 

Mitts played well. He got three assists in this game. He made a number of high-end passes. The drop pass to Tuch for a score was impressive. 

Krebs made a precise pass to Okposo for his score. And Quinn made another nice pass along the boards to Tuch for the SH goal. For a big man Tuch can be nifty. He also has a quick shot. 

I liked Joki in this game. Power's game is so efficient that sometimes you don't appreciate how well he is playing. 

Considering this was a back to back game I liked the Sabres effort. Sometimes they had difficulty getting the puck out of their zone but they kept pushing. 

I was surprised that Granato went with UPL in net. The coach has a pulse of the team and his players. Maybe the addition of Levi elevates this big goalie's game. 

In the past 5 games the Sabres have earned 9 out of 10 points. The Sabres have played with Tage out of the lineup and when he was hurting. Collectively, the players are stepping up. 

Attached is a link of the standings from NHL.com. I didn't think that the Sabres could get to 90 points. I may be wrong. That would be a 15 point improvement from the previous year. That's progress. 

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2022/wildcard

I agree with everything except Joker was god-awful tonight.  A turnover machine who was mostly responsible for Goal #2 against. I nthat last PK he tried to give a goal away by clearing right to the Flyer in front instead of clearing it down the ice.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, CTJoe said:

I agree with everything except Joker was god-awful tonight.  A turnover machine who was mostly responsible for Goal #2 against. I nthat last PK he tried to give a goal away by clearing right to the Flyer in front instead of clearing it down the ice.

We disagree on Joki's performance. That's okay. 

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We disagree on Joki's performance. That's okay. 

He was the only Sabre D-man in the negative tonight at -2.  Nobody else on defense was negative and others were even +3.  Poor decision making, man-handled as well

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

I think he's referencing the Jack who has 8 less goals and 4 less assists this year than Tuch.  For you keeping score at home, that means the Masshole has 12 less points than Tuch this season (and I'm not even bringing up Krebs, Östlund and Greenway - who we traded the 2nd we got from LV from)

Sweet to see that Tuch, Skinner, Dahlin and Cousins (of course, Tage) have all outscored Eichel. Of course, Eichel has only played 62 games - still, that's part of it. Tuch only has 66 under his belt and is well ahead in goals and points. 

19 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

He was the only Sabre D-man in the negative tonight at -2.  Nobody else on defense was negative and others were even +3.  Poor decision making, man-handled as well

He was awful - all other 5 were for the most part fine though Dahlin looked tired to me

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.