Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

On the subject of the NFL cap not being real: TIL (more) about “void years.”

Per a report:

Leonard Floyd’s 1-year deal has a base salary of $1.165M, guaranteed. And he’s owed a signing bonus of $5.835M. Beane added three void years after Year 1. As a result, Floyd’s cap hit this year is $2.624M. Now, the Bills will of course carry some (but not a ton of) Floyd dead money for those three void years. But they also have cap space for this season.

Sounds like a coach issue and I don't think it is limited to Dorsey. I think McDermott has rubbed some players the wrong way. Josh and Von came out in support of Diggs so I am not very worried. I'm sure they will get this sorted. 

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm guessing that Diggs doesn't like Dorsey.

Stands to reason.

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sounds like a coach issue and I don't think it is limited to Dorsey. I think McDermott has rubbed some players the wrong way. Josh and Von came out in support of Diggs so I am not very worried. I'm sure they will get this sorted. 

Something's amiss with McDermott. The guy is (or was) the guru of no-drama. And then, at minicamp, MINICAMP, drops a "very concerned" about his star receiver's "absence," which, has McDermott well knew, was not strictly an absence at all?

Unforced error. Bad move.

Also, who else has other tea? I don't know where this stuff gets posted, but there are people in my office who do know where to find it, and, per a water cooler chat I had a few minutes ago, there's a rumour out there that Diggs' frustration was largely with Allen, whom Diggs viewed as insufficiently focused on "ball" (and perhaps more caught up in his new wealth, distracted by his love life).

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, who else has other tea? I don't know where this stuff gets posted, but there are people in my office who do know where to find it, and, per a water cooler chat I had a few minutes ago, there's a rumour out there that Diggs' frustration was largely with Allen, whom Diggs viewed as insufficiently focused on "ball" (and perhaps more caught up in his new wealth, distracted by his love life).

There is a rumor that Josh Allen had something going with a bartender downtown that resulted in... complications right around the end of the season. Josh then ended up being broken up with by his GF after the season ended. The rumor was they tried to make it work but it didn't. If that love life drama was going on, still might be going on because of complications, Diggs might not be too happy with Josh Allen right now. AKA just a little personal issue between them. Again this was all rumors that no one has ever even remotely confirmed or corroborated to I would take them with a healthy dose of small town gossip salt. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Diggs is maybe my favorite player on the team, but this is way out of line.  WTF.  They are trying to win a SB.

Save the drama for your mama.

I'm reading and following the Diggs story/situation, but its more of a curiousity.  I have posted here before that I have no idea why, but the Bills have gone from my childhood love (season tickets, never miss a game no matter what, know the entire roster, etc) so my #3 or maybe #4 interest in sports. So I'm curious about the story, but it doesn't bother me that much because I don't really care enough.

With that said, I still have an opinion.  I don't think this team needs Diggs.  They need a healthy Josh Allen and I think Allen played most of the 2nd half last year hurt.  He was all-world, MVP caliber for the playoffs in 2022, the first half of the 2022-23 regular season...then he gets hurt and doesn't look the same the rest of the year.  Now, Diggs is stuck with the Bills and the Bill are stuck with him due to his contract...and YES, he is a very good player and on the field makes the team better. But personally I'd rather he wasn't here doing stuff like this....and the money you paid him you did something else with (Hopkins? for example) and you go forward with a Healthy Josh Allen.

Maybe you take Diggs money and invest in a much better OL so Allen is much less likely to take hits in the pocket and stays healthy). Again, I know this isn't an option right now, but i'd rather have a healthy Josh Allen with a little more time in the pocket throwing to a WR unit without Diggs....rather than having Diggs and Allen being banged up a bit more and with a bit less time throwing to him.

• Disagree 2