Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm reading and following the Diggs story/situation, but its more of a curiousity.  I have posted here before that I have no idea why, but the Bills have gone from my childhood love (season tickets, never miss a game no matter what, know the entire roster, etc) so my #3 or maybe #4 interest in sports. So I'm curious about the story, but it doesn't bother me that much because I don't really care enough.

With that said, I still have an opinion.  I don't think this team needs Diggs.  They need a healthy Josh Allen and I think Allen played most of the 2nd half last year hurt.  He was all-world, MVP caliber for the playoffs in 2022, the first half of the 2022-23 regular season...then he gets hurt and doesn't look the same the rest of the year.  Now, Diggs is stuck with the Bills and the Bill are stuck with him due to his contract...and YES, he is a very good player and on the field makes the team better. But personally I'd rather he wasn't here doing stuff like this....and the money you paid him you did something else with (Hopkins? for example) and you go forward with a Healthy Josh Allen.

Maybe you take Diggs money and invest in a much better OL so Allen is much less likely to take hits in the pocket and stays healthy). Again, I know this isn't an option right now, but i'd rather have a healthy Josh Allen with a little more time in the pocket throwing to a WR unit without Diggs....rather than having Diggs and Allen being banged up a bit more and with a bit less time throwing to him.

Heartily disagree. Also they addressed the line this offseason. This team needs Allen and Diggs.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

There is a rumor that Josh Allen had something going with a bartender downtown  ...

Yeah - I've heard that as well. I guess it's possible that Diggs was pissed about that stuff?

OTOH, if Diggs is getting the ball as much as he wants it and where he wants it, then he probably doesn't care at all what Allen has going on outside of the facility.

Now I'm thinking of those 2 consecutive sideline patterns (both incomplete) that Allen threw to Davis ... was that against Cinci in the playoffs? Diggs was WIDE open on one of 'em (for a nice gainer).

22 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't think this team needs Diggs.

Holy spit, bro. Nah.

Allen knows what's up.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

There is a rumor that Josh Allen had something going with a bartender downtown that resulted in... complications right around the end of the season. Josh then ended up being broken up with by his GF after the season ended. The rumor was they tried to make it work but it didn't. If that love life drama was going on, still might be going on because of complications, Diggs might not be too happy with Josh Allen right now. AKA just a little personal issue between them. Again this was all rumors that no one has ever even remotely confirmed or corroborated to I would take them with a healthy dose of small town gossip salt. 

Diggs has a problem with your quarterback sleeping around ? Lol

The same guy that slept with 3 different girls in the same hotel .

Yeah im going to say it's something else 

• Like (+1) 1

Lesson 101 on getting out in front of your internal issues before they become external.  The hissy fits being thrown is absolutely cringe. Act like adults for Christ’s sake.  Players. Coaches and especially the fans. It’s no wonder other fanbases loathe the Bills fans.  Drama queen central. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

On 6/7/2023 at 8:09 PM, That Aud Smell said:

On the subject of the NFL cap not being real: TIL (more) about “void years.”

Per a report:

Leonard Floyd’s 1-year deal has a base salary of $1.165M, guaranteed. And he’s owed a signing bonus of $5.835M. Beane added three void years after Year 1. As a result, Floyd’s cap hit this year is $2.624M. Now, the Bills will of course carry some (but not a ton of) Floyd dead money for those three void years. But they also have cap space for this season.

Yeah that's why it's not real.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Diggs has a problem with your quarterback sleeping around ? Lol

The same guy that slept with 3 different girls in the same hotel .

Yeah im going to say it's something else 

No, he has problem if Josh is distracted. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Lesson 101 on getting out in front of your internal issues before they become external.  The hissy fits being thrown is absolutely cringe. Act like adults for Christ’s sake.  Players. Coaches and especially the fans. It’s no wonder other fanbases loathe the Bills fans.  Drama queen central. 

You should get outside of Buffalo if you don't think fans everywhere act just about the same. 

Also, idc what other teams fanbase think of us. In fact if they loath us it means we're doing something right 

This team is about to come apart at the seams. Too much drama.  Lots of talent but my gut tells me the wrong coaches on the offense side especially. Cincy and KC are much better than us with superior coaching and the division and 2-3 AFC teams all got significantly better. The window is not closed but it is an uphill climb now. 

• Eyeroll 1

We are all throwing crap at the wall, guessing what is going on. No issues.

My toss of crap is the O and the playcalling. Diggs probably has zero issues with McDermott. It's the rookie OC Dorsey, now entering year 2. There were games last year where Diggs didn't even get a look until the 2nd half. That was pointed out more than a few times. 

Now we draft a flex TE to take over the slot and sign a couple of Vet RB's to help Allen not take too many hits. Diggs may view his looks as being shorted in the plan...and if so, I tend to agree with him. He's open A LOT. A HOF talent with those hands isn't a decoy. He's primary. Especially with the concerns at WR #2 and Davis having inconsistent hands last year. Feed him until his hands bleed. Guys like him are rare. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Yawn. Once again, a star player finds a way to not put undo wear and tear on their body.

How quickly we have forgotten Bruce.

Although let's not hope every Buffalo Bill aspires to Bruce's level of wear and tear.  He's my favorite player of all time, but the coke suspension still makes me mad.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Yawn. Once again, a star player finds a way to not put undo wear and tear on their body.

How quickly we have forgotten Bruce.

Bruce who?

🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Night Train said:

We are all throwing crap at the wall, guessing what is going on. No issues.

My toss of crap is the O and the playcalling. Diggs probably has zero issues with McDermott. It's the rookie OC Dorsey, now entering year 2. There were games last year where Diggs didn't even get a look until the 2nd half. That was pointed out more than a few times. 

Now we draft a flex TE to take over the slot and sign a couple of Vet RB's to help Allen not take too many hits. Diggs may view his looks as being shorted in the plan...and if so, I tend to agree with him. He's open A LOT. A HOF talent with those hands isn't a decoy. He's primary. Especially with the concerns at WR #2 and Davis having inconsistent hands last year. Feed him until his hands bleed. Guys like him are rare. 

Since he got here in 2020, Diggs has ranked 1st, 5th, and 5th in targets league wide. I’d say Allen and Co. understand how important he is to the scheme and essentially feed him until his hands bleed already. 

14 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah - I've heard that as well. I guess it's possible that Diggs was pissed about that stuff?

OTOH, if Diggs is getting the ball as much as he wants it and where he wants it, then he probably doesn't care at all what Allen has going on outside of the facility.

Now I'm thinking of those 2 consecutive sideline patterns (both incomplete) that Allen threw to Davis ... was that against Cinci in the playoffs? Diggs was WIDE open on one of 'em (for a nice gainer).

Holy spit, bro. Nah.

Allen knows what's up.

Like I said in my other post maybe I just don't care as much about the bills as I used to and as much as other people do.

For me they are a fun diversion from life . And with football I don't like too much drama in my entertainment. I like it to be pure fun with minimal stress level.  If it's something I have to think too much about or worry too much about I kind of check out of the NFL now.

With that said, I'm not saying he's not a very good or great wide receiver, I just don't think he's indispensable. Teams survive and move on and sometimes even do very well when they lose their 30-year-old star receivers.

I know based on your response you disagree with me and that's fine. We're not going to agree on everything.... But I really think this team needs a healthy Josh Allen who is upright and not injured much more than they need Diggs. I think they can be more successful without digs but with a healthy Allen, compared to last year were you had digs but you had Allen playing injured. In an ideal world you have both, but when players act like he is, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by mjd1001

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Like I said in my other post maybe I just don't care as much about the bills as I used to and as much as other people do.

For me they are a fun diversion from life . And with football I don't like too much drama in my entertainment. I like it to be pure fun with minimal stress level.  If it's something I have to think too much about or worry too much about I kind of check out of the NFL now.

With that said, I'm not saying he's not a very good or great wide receiver, I just don't think he's indispensable. Teams survive and move on and sometimes even do very well when they lose their 30-year-old star receivers.

I know based on your response you disagree with me and that's fine. We're not going to agree on everything.... But I really think this team needs a healthy Josh Allen who is upright and not injured much more than they need Diggs. I think they can be more successful without digs but with a healthy Allen, compared to last year were you had digs but you had Allen playing injured. In an ideal world you have both, but when players act like he is, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Well, I don't think anyone would dispute that JA is more important than Diggs, but they aren't doing anything in the playoffs without Diggs.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Since he got here in 2020, Diggs has ranked 1st, 5th, and 5th in targets league wide. I’d say Allen and Co. understand how important he is to the scheme and essentially feed him until his hands bleed already. 

We are all aware of the stats. I posted "  There were games last year where Diggs didn't even get a look until the 2nd half. That was pointed out more than a few times. " .  He can catch even more at key moments. 

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

We are all aware of the stats. I posted "  There were games last year where Diggs didn't even get a look until the 2nd half. That was pointed out more than a few times. " .  He can catch even more at key moments. 

I'm just looking at the raw stats from the playoff games last year and he had 10 and 9 targets. But I remember watching those games and feeling like he wasn't a priority in the game plan.

As they say... there are 3 types of lies:  lies...damn lies... and statistics.  He had 100+ yds in 6/9 games to start the season and 2/9 to end the year.

Does Diggs feel like he is being demoted by the new OC? Did he expect JA17 to do more for him? It’s reasonable to speculate about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Goldseatsaud said:

I think is Diggs is questioning Allen now that he is seen with some chick on the NY Post. 

It’s not football related I thought 

Allen clarified that:

“I mean, I think it has more to do than just football, is what I’m basically saying,” Allen said. “There’s the football piece, one, and then stuff that happens due to football. And I’ll just kind of keep it at that.”

My best guess from those clarifying remarks is that Diggs is frustrated with being treated as a "piece" of the offense -- e.g., having the OC create game plans where Diggs is being used as a decoy -- rather than being treated more like a stakeholder (a QB1?) who has a seat at the table -- or at least some kind of role -- when a game plan is being created.

This was handled about as poorly as anything I can remember that didn’t mean *****.  Mostly by the fans and media.  I know the sports world is coming to a grinding halt so everyone needs content.  Holy smokes.  I blocked a whole gaggle of losers on twitter who were creaming in their jeans about the whole ordeal.  

• Like (+1) 1