Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Whither PAngloss?

Likely busy extolling the benefits of the auto-de-fe he’s witnessing to an ever-credulous audience.  

Did not have a Voltaire bit on the agenda to start the day… but what the heck.  

Edited by Sabel79
Auto-da-fé. Whoops.
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Likely busy extolling the benefits of the auto-de-fe he’s witnessing to an ever-credulous audience.  

Did not have a Voltaire bit on the agenda to start the day… but what the heck.  

Auto-de-fe, what's an auto-de-fe?

It's what you aughtn't to do, but you do anyway.  

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

Do you have to go to games to give a rats ass about the schedule?  I just don’t see why it’s such a big deal to so many fans. 

It's for the same people who enjoy gender reveal parties.

• Haha (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Eleven said:

My kids are of the age to get invited to attend those events.   We just didn't do that stuff when I was having kids. 

I really enjoy the schedule release, and my friends and I have devised a prediction game with a pretty intricate scoring system to see who was the closest. It's more interesting to me than the draft. Sorry, I'm just not interested in sports leagues below the only ones that matter 

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Emmanuel Acho trolling Bills fans? I agree with part of the list, but the Dolphins at number 2 with a QB one hit away from being a vegetable is ridiculous. 

I’m at a cross roads with my emotions on this.  I’m glad the Bills are getting knocked down a peg or two as the fans have become super obnoxious with a winning team.  OTOH, fans will probably be equally obnoxious trying to defend their team from the “haters”.  I guess I just don’t like fans.  😀

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I’m at a cross roads with my emotions on this.  I’m glad the Bills are getting knocked down a peg or two as the fans have become super obnoxious with a winning team.  OTOH, fans will probably be equally obnoxious trying to defend their team from the “haters”.  I guess I just don’t like fans.  😀

It might be a general people problem. 

Circling back to private owned corps, etc.  It really doesn't matter. Terry Pegula answers to the NFL.  So, even if Terry Pegula wanted to go his own way, the NFL and respective owners get to chime in as well.

Everyone answers to someone else.  Everyone.

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Do you have to go to games to give a rats ass about the schedule?  I just don’t see why it’s such a big deal to so many fans. 

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

yall suck GIF by The Orchard Films

There's a significant segment of NFL fans who, to varying degrees, plan their lives around their favourite team's schedule. Friends of mine were grateful to learn when the Bills' London game is. They're already booked to London around that weekend. There's another segment of NFL fans who are either STH's or regular attendees of home games. It makes a difference to those folks to know when the games will be - precisely. Then there are the casual types who want to obsess over how the season is apt to break down based on which teams play when. The sequencing of games is relevant to reading the tea leaves. All of this is to say nothing of the gamblers - a huge business consideration - who can  get gambling lines on games that are now fixed in date and time.

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There's a significant segment of NFL fans who, to varying degrees, plan their lives around their favourite team's schedule. Friends of mine were grateful to learn when the Bills' London game is. They're already booked to London around that weekend. There's another segment of NFL fans who are either STH's or regular attendees of home games. It makes a difference to those folks to know when the games will be - precisely. Then there are the casual types who want to obsess over how the season is apt to break down based on which teams play when. The sequencing of games is relevant to reading the tea leaves. All of this is to say nothing of the gamblers - a huge business consideration - who can  get gambling lines on games that are now fixed in date and time.

That's all fine.  The schedule will come out.  Why does the NFL need to make a parade out of it?  Similarly, the expectant parents can just tell people whether it's going to be a girl or a boy--there's no need for people to have to eat "cute food" and drink Bellinis in Delaware Park just so some ass-hole can throw blue confetti into the air.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That's all fine.  The schedule will come out.  Why does the NFL need to make a parade out of it?  Similarly, the expectant parents can just tell people whether it's going to be a girl or a boy--there's no need for people to have to eat "cute food" and drink Bellinis in Delaware Park just so some ass-hole can throw blue confetti into the air.

Similarly how? Making a spectacle out of things is what brands do. It tends to increase their value, as the thinking goes.

Expectant parents can't (or at least shouldn't) claim the same motivation.

If there were no reason to make a parade out of such events, we would extend the same criticism to the amateur draft. Why televise it at all? Just tell us who got drafted.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Similarly how? Making a spectacle out of things is what brands do. It tends to increase their value, as the thinking goes.

Expectant parents can't (or at least shouldn't) claim the same motivation.

If there were no reason to make a parade out of such events, we would extend the same criticism to the amateur draft. Why televise it at all? Just tell us who got drafted.

I know what brands do.  I also know what Brads do.  Gender reveal parties.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I think the Bills may play better being knocked back down to Earth. That's my hope anyways. And I just don't like most people myself. 🤷 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Passionate/arrogant fans are cute when the team is a loser. Passionate/arrogant fans are obnoxious when their team is good. Bills fans are well on their way to being Chowdaheads II. There, I said it.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I know what brands do.  I also know what Brads do.  Gender reveal parties.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Now that's funny.

Except Brads at this point are like 55 years old.

(kinda)

https://engaging-data.com/baby-name-visualizer/?n=bradley&sex=m&data=n

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

True to the bolded.  But the NFL will still possibly move games from Sunday to Thursday on a 2-3 week whim this year and even if the Gints owner wins the fight this year about not allowing that; it's coming.  This is a TV driven league - they don't care about the people in the stands nearly as much as they used to do.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, #freejame said:

This schedule sucks. I care less and less about the Bills the more they play other than Sundays at 1. It was fun the first season, now this is just stupid. 

This is the best schedule I've ever seen lol

Late bye, rest before the chiefs and bengals, normal temperatures in Miami, no holiday games, night games in OP

Should be a season to remember 

• Like (+1) 1

I am bummed that there’s only five 1pm games (my fav slot), of which three are in elite fall weather (which limits weekend-long trips because I’m going to watch no matter what).  The Sunday 1pm has been a tradition in my house for a long time. 

What I do find interesting is there are two 4pm home games this year…that could be fun if I can find my way to Orchard Park. That 4pm slot home game is a foreign concept the last two decades.  

9 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I am bummed that there’s only five 1pm games (my fav slot), of which three are in elite fall weather (which limits weekend-long trips because I’m going to watch no matter what).  The Sunday 1pm has been a tradition in my house for a long time. 

What I do find interesting is there are two 4pm home games this year…that could be fun if I can find my way to Orchard Park. That 4pm slot home game is a foreign concept the last two decades.  

The price of having a good team with an elite QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is the best schedule I've ever seen lol

Late bye, rest before the chiefs and bengals, normal temperatures in Miami, no holiday games, night games in OP

Should be a season to remember 

Definitely a decent schedule. Worst thing appears to be losing a home game to London against a dangerous Jags team who will already be acclimated since they also play there the week prior. At least it's a 9th home game.

Tangentially, all 17th games should be at a neutral location, IMO.

19 hours ago, #freejame said:

This schedule sucks. I care less and less about the Bills the more they play other than Sundays at 1. It was fun the first season, now this is just stupid. 

I agree. Football should be at 1pm on Sunday. The NFL is obnoxious.

• Like (+1) 1