Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Holy mackerel there is a potentially historic Bills game on Sunday.  This is like Kelly vs Marino or Kelly vs Elway in their absolute primes, except the Bills have an overdue bill to pay.  And maybe the most famous person in the world is probably going to attend.

The Bills will need to play better than they played today to beat KC.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The Bills will need to play better than they played today to beat KC.

I think the Bills lost some of their edge from some stupid play calling before the 2 minute warning and then injuries to Bernard, Spector, and Taron Johnson.  Hard to play stellar defense when you are down so many weapons on defense especially with Rapp, Benford, Douglas and Dodson already out.  Thank G-d Klein stepped up and had an amazing game.  Great play by Elam as well.  You have to wonder if the frozen turf lead to many of the injuries on both sides.

It would have been also nice if the officials called that fumble correctly.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

There are some very experienced LB’s on various practice squad, but only one LB with Bills experience and that is Joe Giles-Harris.  

https://www.footballdb.com/players/joe-gilesharris-gilesjo01

Some of the more experienced ones are

Jaylon Smith https://www.footballdb.com/players/jaylon-smith-smithja15.  He started 11 games for the giants in 2022 and has 69 career starts

Damien Wilson https://www.footballdb.com/players/damien-wilson-wilsoda05  He has 73 career starts and started 5 games in 2022. He started 17 games for Jax in 2021 and has 100+ tackles.  He was also a 2 year starter for Andy Reid’s KC Chiefs.

• Thanks (+1) 2

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It would have been also nice if the officials called that fumble correctly.  

It appeared that the ball touched the receiver's helmet as he fell out of bounds, thus the ball was out of bounds at that point.  I never saw a definitive view of that, but there were a couple of views that "suggested" that.  I believe they called that one as out of bounds to begin with, so evidence to overturn needed to be indisputable.  From what I saw, there was reasonable reason to dispute.

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It appeared that the ball touched the receiver's helmet as he fell out of bounds, thus the ball was out of bounds at that point.  I never saw a definitive view of that, but there were a couple of views that "suggested" that.  I believe they called that one as out of bounds to begin with, so evidence to overturn needed to be indisputable.  From what I saw, there was reasonable reason to dispute.

I looked at every angle and saw nothing in the movement or spin of the ball to suggest any such thing.

25 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I looked at every angle and saw nothing in the movement or spin of the ball to suggest any such thing.

I (think) I saw a change of direction when the ball neared the helmet. 

36 minutes ago, Night Train said:

ESPN is silly. This morning, every coach that lost this weekend may/should be fired. Winning teams get 10 minutes out of the hour. Failures get 50 minutes. 

Blow it up ! Start over !  Look at us yell !  

All the winners get hours of coverage over the next week. Let the losing fans sulk for a day and then hear nothing until August.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

ESPN is silly. This morning, every coach that lost this weekend may/should be fired. Winning teams get 10 minutes out of the hour. Failures get 50 minutes. 

Blow it up ! Start over !  Look at us yell !  

ESPN sucks! All they talk about is football and basketball. I’m tired of listening to that idiot Stephen A Smith. Couple of guys I work with watch that crap religiously. Once, both of those sports started pushing their political agenda’s I was done!

Edited by SabresBillsFan

3 hours ago, Night Train said:

The obstacle now is injuries before they even take the field next Sunday. The D is getting crushed. It is what it is and Allen will have to be Superman until the end of this season. No choice. 

Kyle Brandt on Good Morning Football called him “Drunk Superman” on his TD run.  😂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If the Bills won the Super Bowl this season, would that make you feel better about Pegula’s ownership of the hockey team? 

No. He's a football guy. And maybe a very good one. Hockey, not so much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

If the Bills won the Super Bowl this season, would that make you feel better about Pegula’s ownership of the hockey team? 

The Sabres winning the Super Bowl would make me feel better about Pegula’s ownership of the hockey team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Orchard Park (and the City of Buffalo) in line for another 1-3' of snow starting tonight and into mid-day Thursday. That stadium is going to be an absolute sh1t show. Yesterday was bad enough. I have no idea how they're going to manage this. They just can't get enough bodies (and backs) into the stadium to remove the snow. Fans at the stadium will pine again for the days of Ralph's fleet of motor coaches showing up at all area homeless shelters and taking the able bodied to the stadium for snow removal.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

The Sabres winning the Super Bowl would make me feel better about Pegula’s ownership of the hockey team.

Why? They Sabres have never even made the playoffs under Pegula. 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

No.  I would be happy for the team and for WNY -  Pegula as a football owner has done one thing correctly, stayed out of the way.  

Heard an interesting stat on WGR this morning:

Bill Belichick drafted more players that went on to become NFL head coaches than he did receivers who had 1,000 yard seasons. 

• Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Heard an interesting stat on WGR this morning:

Bill Belichick drafted more players that went on to become NFL head coaches than he did receivers who had 1,000 yard seasons. 

BB is a bad GM and a below average head coach with a HOF QB.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1