Buffalo Bills: Damar Hamlin collapsed and taken to hospital

LGR4GM

They prone patients in the ICU, but typically they only prone when they're not oxygenation well on the ventilator. I am unaware of the practice of proning when the respiratory status is good. All this said, I'm not an ICU/Intensivist so maybe there is some other reason they're doing it that seems less worrisome. 

I was very impressed that the Sabres all wore t-shirts last night in Washington with "Love for 3" on the front.

Their commitment to Damar was even more impressive during the game. Thompson scored 3 goals, including the third exactly 3 minutes into 3-on-3 OT, on Jan. 3. Thompson now has 30 goals this season.

I love these guys!  And I love #3!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I was very impressed that the Sabres all wore t-shirts last night in Washington with "Love for 3" on the front.

Their commitment to Damar was even more impressive during the game. Thompson scored 3 goals, including the third exactly 3 minutes into 3-on-3 OT, on Jan. 3. Thompson now has 30 goals this season.

I love these guys!  And I love #3!

It was neat that those things fell as they did did to end up with all those “3”s.  I don’t believe any of it was intentional, if so I may need to revaluate my belief system.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

They prone patients in the ICU, but typically they only prone when they're not oxygenation well on the ventilator. I am unaware of the practice of proning when the respiratory status is good. All this said, I'm not an ICU/Intensivist so maybe there is some other reason they're doing it that seems less worrisome. 

I get the feeling that anyone who actually does an interview is a bit more on the outside looking in.  With that second-hand information from people who more than likely don't have a good understanding of every little step, the information blurs quickly.  Didn't they already shoot down his comment about Hamlin being resuscitated a second time at the hospital?

21 hours ago, shrader said:

Have teammates said he was taking to them? That looked a lot quicker than 5 seconds. If anyone mentioned taking to him it could very well be him be of those cases where they are in shock and don’t have a clear memory of exactly what happened. 

Not officially. I’m just assuming this based on his head movements. But, from another view, it looks like he was adjusting his helmet. The 5 seconds I got from the point of impact (which was supposedly initiated the event) until he begins to fall, but this too may be hard to gauge due to the speed of the replay. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I get the feeling that anyone who actually does an interview is a bit more on the outside looking in.  With that second-hand information from people who more than likely don't have a good understanding of every little step, the information blurs quickly.  Didn't they already shoot down his comment about Hamlin being resuscitated a second time at the hospital?

Yeah, that's why I'm not trying to read too much into it and giving more of a perspective of things that typically happen in these situations, and similar situations that I have treated in the past. He may be an all world player, but the treatment pathways don't vary quite as much between patient to patient, sure the access is much quicker and etc, but once attended to there are fairly solid protocols in place Nationwidem

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This clip says it all about McDermott and both organizations. The issue was simple: basic humanity and caring for a player. There was no need for making any calculations or consider any ramifications. It was simply about caring for another person whose life was in jeopardy.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Tough on the players to get back up and play again this Sunday.  I hope they are recieving some support from experts on handling what they saw and are going thru currently.  I was reminded by someone, think of fireman, police officers, war veterans on how they had to handle watching someone they worked with / lived with, see situations like this and then have to brush themselves off and go back at it.  Man.....

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I was gettin that in 78. WTF.

The current trend seems to be $1/year of age, maybe Joey is 5.

There's also a trend that when the kid gets around their teens, you give them a fairly significant monthly stipend. But, outside of food at home, shelter, etc. they pay for everything themselves. Let them see what's it's like to run out of money halfway through the month if they don't budget.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.