Buffalo Bills: Damar Hamlin collapsed and taken to hospital

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Upon awakening, he asked who had won the game. That's so awesome.

And actually, reading that... is the first time I've really felt any emotion in this whole thing.Ā  I think emotionally I've been "holding my breath" since Monday.Ā  When I read that I was moved to tears.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Only thing left to do is win the superbowl for your guy.

The whole world is on your side nowĀ 

Can you imagine Damar Hamlin on the stage and hoisting the Lombardi with his teammates? Talk about tears of joy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Can you imagine Damar Hamlin on the stage and hoisting the Lombardi with his teammates? Talk about tears of joy!

Josh waives off the commish and defers to... Damar or Marv?

53 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Denny Kellington was the Bills trainer who got to him first, immediately recognized the cardiac event, and stsrted administering CPR. He literally saved Damarā€™s life. Literally.

One interesting note from today is that he had a pulse at first then lost it then CPR started. I think the doctor said CPR started within two minutes. So it might not have been as immediate as you indicate. Still...

Just watched the PC. I'm thrilled with the positive news. And absolutely blown away by the knowledge, skills and ability of these professionals - and all who work in that profession.Ā 

So, to @Brawndo, @North BuffaloĀ and @Wyldnwoody44Ā (and anyone else I may have missed) : thank you for what you guys do every day.

Go Bills. Go Sabres. And Let's Go Buffalo!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Josh waives off the commish and defers to... Damar or Marv?

One interesting note from today is that he had a pulse at first then lost it then CPR started. I think the doctor said CPR started within two minutes. So it might not have been as immediate as you indicate. Still...

Minor quibble so let me clarify. By being the first trainer there, he detected the loss of pulse as he was attending Damar and immediately recognized the cardiac event as it related to that loss of pulse. Regardless, it was an incredible display of awareness, training, and skill on the part of Denny Kellington to save that young manā€™s life. Ā 

• Like (+1) 3

Docs explained "neurologically intact" is a gross medical term in this case. He's able to follow commands and move body parts. But a big part of neurological function is the finer stuff... Cognition, language and the like. They can't test for any of that yet. They can't test him for signs of a concussion, for example, they said. They did say that asking about the game was a sign that not only are the lights on, Damar is home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.