Buffalo Bills: Damar Hamlin collapsed and taken to hospital

LGR4GM

27 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Docs explained "neurologically intact" is a gross medical term in this case. He's able to follow commands and move body parts. But a big part of neurological function is the finer stuff... Cognition, language and the like. They can't test for any of that yet. They can't test him for signs of a concussion, for example, they said. They did say that asking about the game was a sign that not only are the lights on, Damar is home.

And the fact that he wrote it is a great sign

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Does anyone else think that prayer is getting too much credit for his recovery.  When it should be going to the medical community and science?

To me this is the face of the real hero   

I should add    A great recovery no matter what you do or don’t believe 8559E1B3-67ED-4C64-A9D4-D26DF3F4681D.thumb.webp.eb91efca9a8212f4d81ec71bdddfcc5d.webp

A discussion about this would derail the entire conversation.  Better to leave it unaddressed in this thread.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Does anyone else think that prayer is getting too much credit for his recovery.  When it should be going to the medical community and science?

I should add    A great recovery no matter what you do or don’t believe 8559E1B3-67ED-4C64-A9D4-D26DF3F4681D.thumb.webp.eb91efca9a8212f4d81ec71bdddfcc5d.webp

I like you .. dont be that guy 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm not sure who's giving it more credit than the people who saved his life. Of course some who pray will say their prayers were to help God help the people who helped Damar (make a great meal).

I've been thinking about a thread about prayer. And whether secular people can pray. And where thoughts end and prayers begin. I honestly believe most who pray are not believers. And that prayer is more for the person praying, which is of course perfectly fine.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm not sure who's giving it more credit than the people who saved his life. Of course some who pray will say their prayers were to help God help the people who helped Damar (make a great meal).

I've been thinking about a thread about prayer. And whether secular people can pray. And where thoughts end and prayers begin. I honestly believe most who pray are not believers. And that prayer is more for the person praying, which is of course perfectly fine.

I pray that this doesn’t derail the thread.

• Agree 2

Nothing wrong with prayer.  It is a common thread to mankind all over this planet, in many cultures, and in many forms.  

The skill, training, bravery, and expertise of the first responders and the medical professionals should not be overlooked either. 

There is often a link between the two.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Honestly, I believe Damar will be playing for the Bills again next year. This is a very remarkable turnaround. Unless they find some pre-existing condition, I think he'll be back. 

Wouldn't blame him one bit to retire after this, but I don't think it's in his DNA.

I agree.  Chris Pronger played for years in the NHL after his heart was stopped by a puck that hit him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Yes , there is nothing wrong with prayer.  I probably didn’t put my point across proper   If prayer brings you comfort, then it’s a good thing 

Just trying to say that the people who saved his life should be household names.  Real hero’s 

Your point was well made.  You are good.

The vast majority of people (believers in a higher power or not) will default to prayer and / or keeping someone in our thoughts.  It's all we can do.

A believer (I am one ... a Muslim) no matter what faith teaching they follow will say that prayers help, but deep down we are thankful for the gifts bestowed through hard work and learning on the people who saved this young man's life and they are real heros.  A believer will say those gifts were by the grace of the higher power / God.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

He’s not a hero, he did his job just like every medical professional on that field Monday night. I’m sure he feels the same way. 

Whether you believe in prayer or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is how lucky Damar is that he basically had an emergency room on that field and the highest level of care was two minutes away. I guarantee if a fan went into sudden cardiac arrested in that stadium instead of Damar, the fan would most likely have died. 

Edited by Sidc3000

The NFL released what is OK for teams to do for Hamlin. It looks like the entire league is allowed to re-paint their 30's in red white and blue, jersey patches, warm up hear, etc. 

Curious if the Sabres will do anything for Hamlin on Saturday since this is the first home game since it happened. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.