Pictures from Houston

Before and After pics

post-4541-0-18198800-1503885364_thumb.jpg

post-4541-0-99885800-1503885373_thumb.jpg

Hobby Airport Runway

post-4541-0-72764200-1503885392_thumb.jpg

Freeway near the house that is Northeast from where I do live

post-4541-0-50416100-1503885424_thumb.jpg

Been here for 40 years, worst I've ever seen it. Expected at least 2 more days of heavy rains. 

They're still saving people from the top of their roofs to get away from the floods

Edited by jsb

Pictures from Houston

Before and After pics

attachicon.gifht.JPG

attachicon.gifht1.JPG

Hobby Airport Runway

attachicon.gifHobbyAirport.JPG

Freeway near the house that is Northeast from where I do live

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Been here for 40 years, worst I've ever seen it. Expected at least 2 more days of heavy rains. 

They're still saving people from the top of their roofs to get away from the floods

Pretty sure my old apartment is under water. Complex was right next to Braes Bayou & that came very close to topping twice.

Hope you're on high ground & can ride out the storm.

Not sure if it's true, but heard a guy on TWC say this is the 1st hurricane to hit Texas in 9 years. If true, what a horrible way to break the streak.

Words can't describe the devestation..... More pics

attachicon.gifHT3.JPG

attachicon.gifHT4.JPG

attachicon.gifHT5.JPG

attachicon.gifHT6.JPG

attachicon.gifHT7.JPG

https://forums.sabrespace.com/public/style_images/ss347/attachicon.gif HT8.JPG

Yep. If Breasmont & Breaswood are that far under water, my old apartment is a swimming pool. :(

Good luck & God bless. I hope the storm pulls out ahead of schedule. Stay safe.

I know some folks that have gone down to Houston with small boats.  Apparently they are using an app to coordinate where they need to be.  There are a few groups that communicate on different channels of the app, calling themselves the Cajun Navy (people from Louisiana) and the Texas Navy.  Crowd-sourced emergency services.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, it's in the mid 20's down here in eastern NC. I'll take this over Wednesday's weather though which was mid 30's with rain. I was hoping for some snow so they'd either close the base or give us a 2 or 3 hour delay to the day but I don't think it's happening. This place is a ghost town with half the staff using vacation time and not coming in anyway.

Edited by Alkoholist

I really envy you northerners. Here it is almost mid-December and it's 82° outside at 7:45PM. It has dropped below 70 for a total of two hours in the last 11 days. I don't care where you live, the AC shouldn't be running this close to Christmas at 3AM. In the last seven weeks we've had .3" of rain. 

What's the weather like where you're all at? 

Cold and snowy...I live in Depew/Lancaster and its snowed 23 of the last 30 days here...and right now as I type this we are getting some very heavy lake snow coming off Lake Ontario out of nowhere at a 2-3 inch per hour clip...Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 5

some places south of here have well over 100 inches of snow at this point already and more coming down as we speak...been 5 Lake Snow warnings with multiple feet of snow each time down there already...

Edited by matter2003

Cold and snowy...I live in Depew/Lancaster and its snowed 23 of the last 30 days here...and right now as I type this we are getting some very heavy lake snow coming off Lake Ontario out of nowhere at a 2-3 inch per hour clip...Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 5

some places south of here have well over 100 inches of snow at this point already and more coming down as we speak...been 5 Lake Snow warnings with multiple feet of snow each time down there already...

Yup, just battled through a lil blizzard from my parents place in Lancaster back to Williamsville. Quite unexpected.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.