OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

It's because the public backlash against an overreaction doesn't come close to the outrage over an underreaction. The politicians have learned this over time, and now act accordingly.

Was Jimmy Griffin's predecessor not nicked by this? Hence Jimmy Six Pack?

Just drove into work ( had early meetings so I took them WFH) and there were literally 10 cars on the road from my house to work, including the 290 E and 90 W. That might have been the easiest commute I have ever had. The thruway is down to the pavement and the surface roads have a light covering with pavement at the wheel spots.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me. :) 

Bombogenesis.

Just saw that on weather channel... really reaching for new unique terms on that one.  Been out of the phraseology business since 2005, but man they could do better imo.    And why bring the Bible into it really.  For my kids its sledapocolypes!  In the ER we call it boooring...   

I like living in NYC, but they are so soft when it comes to snow.  Schools are closed today, elevated subways shut down, etc/ -- and we've got 3-4 inches max.  Weak sauce.

That same weak sauce shut down the mighty upstate NY.

Started the day with our NYC office closed.  Then Albany.  Syracuse fell next.  Rochester closed about an hour ago.  We're closing in 20 minutes.

Are we really in for it this evening?

NWS has been pretty consistent with this one.  Latest update was an hoour or two ago and it was same as earlier today.  3-6" total for today, 3-6" more tonight, 2-4" tomorrow.  May be some locally heavier stuff due to lake enhancement, but that is going to be coming off Lake Ontario so the I-90 corridor Pembroke and east would get any of that if it develops, not metro Buffalo.

It started snowing here at 5:00 PM.

I postponed my last two clients at my first of 2 annual tax clinics this evening and moved them to next Tuesday.

All the hatches are battened down ... I am afraid of the wind (100 KM/hour gusts).  NS Power is well known for leaving us in the cold and dark at the drop of a hat.

It started snowing here at 5:00 PM.

I postponed my last two clients at my first of 2 annual tax clinics this evening and moved them to next Tuesday.

All the hatches are battened down ... I am afraid of the wind (100 KM/hour gusts).  NS Power is well known for leaving us in the cold and dark at the drop of a hat.

Be safe and stay warm.

The Weather Channel names winter storms like NOAA names hurricanes. This is Stella. What I want to know is, where were the first 18 storms? 

I think it is NWS naming the storms, not Weather Channel

Nope.  I'm wrong.  It is weather channel.

This thing would have been like child's play. Then my 2 year old snowblower broke a spring that tensions the idler that runs the clutch. After a partial breakdown it's obvious the cable:spring assembly is a one unit deal. SOB. So plan B is the Super A. I wrestled the back blade on yet failed to resurrect the old girl. Those 6v systems area a real bitch. I resorted to my 17yr old snow shovel. Today was not her day. I'll bury her in the spring. Child's play.....also don't ever buy a Troy built product. Troy can't build !

This thing would have been like child's play. Then my 2 year old snowblower broke a spring that tensions the idler that runs the clutch. After a partial breakdown it's obvious the cable:spring assembly is a one unit deal. SOB. So plan B is the Super A. I wrestled the back blade on yet failed to resurrect the old girl. Those 6v systems area a real bitch. I resorted to my 17yr old snow shovel. Today was not her day. I'll bury her in the spring. Child's play.....also don't ever buy a Troy built product. Troy can't build ######!

Ain't that some sh*t.

We're still running a 30 year old Craftsman riding lawnmower here with the snowblower attachment. It's getting rough but it always works. I don't have a clue if anyone makes anything with that kind of durability anymore.

This thing would have been like child's play. Then my 2 year old snowblower broke a spring that tensions the idler that runs the clutch. After a partial breakdown it's obvious the cable:spring assembly is a one unit deal. SOB. So plan B is the Super A. I wrestled the back blade on yet failed to resurrect the old girl. Those 6v systems area a real bitch. I resorted to my 17yr old snow shovel. Today was not her day. I'll bury her in the spring. Child's play.....also don't ever buy a Troy built product. Troy can't build ######!

I should've used the tractor w/ the 60 inch snow thrower but by the time I realized how dry the snow was & that the wet spots near the driveway were frozen solid already had the walk behind to the driveway (120' from the barn).

Would strongly recommend you swap the 6 volt system to a 12 volt. The kit isn't too expensive & the reliability is significantly better. Used to alwaysvkeep 1 battery on a trickle charger so whenbthe one on the tractor couldn't turn it over the other one (typically) would.

The walk behind is a Troy Bilt which has been good to me so far (3rd winter, knock on wood) but I expect her to have issues within the next 3 years based on the luck others have had. It got me out of a huge jam the 1st winter I had it.

Yea, well, I have a Troybilt mower and it's been fantastic :nana: