OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

Roof just avalanched part of its snowy load onto my balcony. Phrasing. Was really terrifying when it happened!

So about 3 feet deep, heavy as all hell, and boy do we have the wrong kind of shovel for that. One of those big push shovels. I mean, I can wield it just fine, but that sucker takes your back out. 

Probably got about 18 inches or so here in Henrietta. Drifts are waist to chest high, I'm 5'5". Wish I could go play in it, but I have no one to wander with and work to do. Boo. 

Drive safe if you gotta, roads are not the least bit taken care of. 

It started snowing here at 5:00 PM.

I postponed my last two clients at my first of 2 annual tax clinics this evening and moved them to next Tuesday.

All the hatches are battened down ... I am afraid of the wind (100 KM/hour gusts).  NS Power is well known for leaving us in the cold and dark at the drop of a hat.

It's a minor miracle that we did not lose power last night.  Many thousands others were not so lucky.

NS Power added a new transformer on our street a few years ago and it really has helped.

• 1 month later...

So, did it snow in WNY this weekend? I know they said there was a chance in certain places.

Thought the chance of slight snow was for tonight or tomorrow night. As mentioned earlier, the weekend was a steady diet of drizzle w/ the occassional monsoon thrown in for good measure.

Things are looking bad gor Lake Ontario this Summer. Flooding all along the shoreline. Below the dam on the Saint Lawrence, Montreal is getting incredible flooding, so the dam cannot be opened more to lower the level on Lake Ontario. There is nowhere the water can go that won't worsen flooding for someone else. NOAA is expecting the lake level to be high well into late summer.

• 3 months later...