OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

So, I give you this little tidbit concerning global warming ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/maple-syrup-nova-scotia-warm-winter-sap-tapping-1.4547319

When the trees start waking up in the winter as if it is spring you have a problem.

Out of curiosity, when did they wake up the last 5 years ? 

There has been an awakening.

Can you feel it?

Sunburned face....

First one of 2018.

Guess I should dig out the sunscreen.

This whole winter seemed 1 month ahead.

December felt like January, January felt like February, and February felt like March. Hopefully March doesn't start reversing it back. ;)

This whole winter seemed 1 month ahead.

December felt like January, January felt like February, and February felt like March. Hopefully March doesn't start reversing it back. ;)

5-10 inches of snow due thursday night through Friday... blurp 

Blowing like a banshee here in nortern westchester ny. Tree and lines down... and cable internet down... darn now dont have to listen to my 13 year old yell at the xbox while trying to nap before next shift.

PS The trees are not your friends!

Edited by Kottbullar

Blowing like a banshee here in nortern westchester ny. Tree and lines down... and cable internet down... darn now dont have to listen to my 13 year old yell at the xbox while trying to nap before next shift.

PS The trees are not your friends!

Environment Canada has issued a wind warning here in Halifax and all of NS.

Thank you, Baastan!!  And while we are at it, F PARK!!

The whole house is rumbling in the wind here; I could see my monitor wiggle a little and feel the vibration in the desk a minute ago. Not a ton of snow, but the wind was been nearly 30 MPH for hours. Power was out for a couple hours this afternoon, but luckily not since. I just hope we get through the night with power since it doesn't mess RosePie up.

NYC is so GD soft when it comes to snow.  They announced a school closure last night for today.  Here it is, 9:45 AM, and there is a bit of rain and zero snow.

Weak sauce.

I don't know, man. When I got out of my truck in the parking lot where I work, I had to walk through a puddle that was, like, a quarter of an inch deep.

Shoulda called out.

NYC is so GD soft when it comes to snow.  They announced a school closure last night for today.  Here it is, 9:45 AM, and there is a bit of rain and zero snow.

Weak sauce.

Yeh so far not sticking.

Nice though the ER and OR is dead in Yonkers.. and I am sore and dead from hockey loss last nite played with 8 against 15. Legs feel like jello and lats are killing me...

post-1315-0-40528000-1520446002_thumb.jpg

I know Buffalo people will chuckle, but when your local snow removal plan (and budget) works on the idea that it'll snow 4-5 times per year instead of per week, this is a big deal. It's heavy, it's wet, and it'll be more than a foot (at least!) when it's done.

At least I still have power; at least one of my coworkers is already out (heavy wet snow, winds, and trees don't mix).

Edited by MattiPaj

I'm at the mountain skiing in about a foot of fresh powder.

Yeh now we have 3 inches of slush and ice accidents happening... ER a mess crap there goes my day... have to stay over b/c no one can make it... this sucks.

Gotta an stretcher and food at least.

Edited by North Buffalo

The Cardinals and the Cedar Waxwings have returned to our neighbourhood.  About 2 to 3 weeks early.

I can't see the birds, I only can hear them, and I can't match calls to species, but I can tell they're early.

Animals know weather so much better that we do.

Spring is imminent.