NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Me either, I thought Wild in 6 or 7. The cap will affect their ability to add anything next year. Maybe it is their turn to have half a team on LTIR.

LAK tie it up in the 3rd, this is a series I thought was a gimme for the Oilers.

Playoffs…

Craziness

The curse of Punch will haunt the Leaves forever.  The curse of Ballard will ensure that the curse of Punch continues.

In 1967 the Leaves were an aged team and about to start a serious decline.

The firing of Punch and the idiocy of Ballard will ensure that the Leaves will not ever win another Cup.

Enjoy your never ending replays of the '67 parade !!

• Like (+1) 5

34 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The curse of Punch will haunt the Leaves forever.  The curse of Ballard will ensure that the curse of Punch continues.

The firing of Punch and the idiocy of Ballard will ensure that the Leaves will not ever win another Cup.

^ What he said. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Fun fact: the 1966-7 Maple Leafs had the highest average age of a Cup winner ever.  Maybe they are relying on youth too much?  😷

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

He may be a world class *****, but I’ve always suspected his game would translate extremely well in the post season.

Most of GMTMs Sabres acquisitions are still performing in the playoffs.

The guy could identify good players he just didn't account for their locker room or extracurricular activities and it brought the overall team down because of it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

Most of GMTMs Sabres acquisitions are still performing in the playoffs.

The guy could identify good players he just didn't account for their locker room or extracurricular activities and it brought the overall team down because of it. 

Murray was a solid scout of skill but had zero ability to judge character interactions. He was effectively a computer in that regard

• Like (+1) 3

Get well Sid.

One of the players in the league I have alot of respect for. 

Took a beating early in his career and ended up with all the concussion problems.

He came back, alot tougher and now he gives as good as he gets sometimes and still scores his points.  

I wish him well in life, and hopefully he recovers quickly this time around.

If they lose the series, I won't lose any sleep. 

• Like (+1) 2

Huge swing in the Fla-Caps game (I've watched a decent chunk of this series and it's been quite good).  Caps, trying to win at home to force game 7, cannot hold a 2-1 lead in the 3rd and Fla ties it with about 9 min to go.  Fla starts dominating the play, then there's a busted play in the Fla zone, the Caps hit the post, Fla takes it down the other end, works it around, and Barkov gets a lucky bounce to get it on his stick down low with the Caps goalie on the other side of the crease.  3-2 Fla with 5 min to go.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.