NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

I hate to say it but the Leafs are actually hungry, they want it more.

Tampa’s gotta dig deep next game, find the will to win.

Agree.  The leaves big players are finally being heard from in playoffs.  

Tampa can still do it though. (I hope) 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Bolts look like they want an early summer this year.

Even if they get past TO they'll be gone next round. 

Tampa had two long cup runs. It has to have taken its toll. You can see that fatigue come into play where the other team seems to have that extra gear to make a push. It also doesn't help that their goaltender who is considered to be the best goalie in the game is not playing as if he is the best goalie in the sport. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Tampa had two long cup runs. It has to have taken its toll. You can see that fatigue come into play where the other team seems to have that extra gear to make a push. It also doesn't help that their goaltender who is considered to be the best goalie in the game is not playing as if he is the best goalie in the sport. 

He's played alot of hockey too, in a ton of gear. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let's not undervalue the restorative value of rest and time off. Heavy loads over a long period of time wears the body down.  

Let’s not forget the Leafs are the higher seed and finished as one of the top teams in the league. TB aren’t down to an inferior team. I expect them to pour it on in Game 6 and see where the chips fall in a 7th game.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

It’s time for this Leafs group to breakthrough. Too much talent to be first round fodder every season. They can probably go on a nice run if they can finally get over the first round hump.

At some point it will get to the goaltending. 

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

So are Tampa or Florida going to lose anyone after this season is over? They can’t possibly have this much talent and not lose some key pieces eventually.

Bob is playing well tonight. Florida has him for 4 more years at $10M per season. Spencer Knight probably would like a starter’s job at some point and could take over in that time span. It will be tough to move Bob’s contract.

Florida has 4 RHD in their top 6, Ekblad, Weegar, Montour and Gudas.

That Rags game was annoying.  Did Pittsburgh actually commit *real* penalties in the third period of an elimination game, on the road, in NYC?

I missed a lot of it due to phone calls associated with a family situation, but it seemed like every time I went back to the TV, the Rags were on a power play in the third.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Playoff hockey. Gotta love it.

IMG_4278.thumb.jpg.4e03065b6892cee47f7f335e111e48b2.jpg

Why is the ice green?  I think you need to put your keyboard in C rather than in B-flat.

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

That Rags game was annoying.  Did Pittsburgh actually commit *real* penalties in the third period of an elimination game, on the road, in NYC?

I missed a lot of it due to phone calls associated with a family situation, but it seemed like every time I went back to the TV, the Rags were on a power play in the third.

Why is the ice green?  I think you need to put your keyboard in C rather than in B-flat.

Sorry, my color corrector is on the fritz.

The real question is how was Truba's elbow to the head not even a penalty?

If Crosby is out for the series, I wonder if it will end up a suspension and should it?

Edited by SwampD

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

It was a stupid high sticking penalty, but I"m getting really tired of all the soccer style diving and dramatics we've seen this playoffs. You would have thought that Samsonov got shot.

These guys takes punches to the face, hard hits all game but get tapped in face by a stick and you'd think they got shot. Why isn't embellishment called on those?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.