GDT: 4/23/22 NY Islanders at Buffalo, 12:30pm MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Will Krebs ever shoot the puck instead of trying to always make the extra pass?

When he gains more experience and confidence … yes. I’m not concerned about what rookies or young guys are not doing perfectly this season. Works in progress. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

This is concerning.   Two breaks the other day, one wide open chance in front earlier, multiple shots and many are wide or right on.  The line he is on has good metrics but his inability to cash in is troublesome.

I’m not even saying that. Sometimes you bury your chances, more often you don’t. Right now, his shots are so bad that unless the keeper dove out of the way, they don’t even have a chance to go in. Cause all he’s doing is pushing every single shot right into the keeper’s chest or pads.

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’m not even saying that. Sometimes you bury your chances, more often you don’t. Right now, his shots are so bad that unless the keeper dove out of the way, they don’t even have a chance to go in. Cause all he’s doing is pushing every single shot right into the keeper’s chest or pads.

On the other hand, I'd 123% prefer that he jam the puck into the goalie that try to aim for the corner and shoot wide.  Make the goalie make the save... and least Cozens is doing that.

• Like (+1) 1

The position of goalie is almost being overcome by events.  The Sabres have been playing such consistently good (if not great) hockey that they've maintained a playoff pace in getting points for almost two months, with mediocre goaltending.  Without an upgrade at goal, they are at the very least a bubble team.  With an upgrade they could actually win a round or two.

Granato has said all season long that he wanted the team to learn how to create on offense and then trying to apply some structure on defense is, in comparison, relatively easy.  I think the offense is here.  Today's game was fairly typical:  Goals be three different lines and a defenseman.  They're getting what they need scoring-wise.  Improve the play in their own zone... just a bit really... and improve goalie just a smidge and this team can challenge.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

This team is so much fun to watch again.

Hey @SwampD, a sound engineering question for you:  Can MSG do anything to tone down the whistling sound when Jeanneret pronounces the letter S?  And if so, why aren't they?

I’m actually going to watch this game on delay at my friends house at 4. I’ll get back to you.

Short answer is yes, but there are a lot of bad/lazy TV audio engineers.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Ralph Krueger might be the worst head coach in the history of all professional sports. Jeff Skinner is a stud

Ralph neutered and lobotomized Skinner; made him a shell of the player he is capable of being.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

This is concerning.   Two breaks the other day, one wide open chance in front earlier, multiple shots and many are wide or right on.  The line he is on has good metrics but his inability to cash in is troublesome.

Relax. Before dumping on Cozens too badly for not putting up big scoring numbers consider his entire game and how his play elevates those around him. Some kids give you flash and then drop off as they learn to play a complete game. Others build slowly, but completely, and then break out. Consider Tage. Tage is 3 years older than Dylan (same argument for Krebs and those worried about him). Dylan is ahead of where Tage was at his age. I see things in Cozens game that tell me he will be one of our best in time. 

islanders play listless, like a defeated team before the puck drops, and we play like we're having fun, which we are. Skinner is a yappy irritant and I'd want to smack him too if I was on their team, but the team rallying around when Martin came in was a very good sign obviously. Team chemistry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’m actually going to watch this game on delay at my friends house at 4. I’ll get back to you.

Short answer is yes, but there are a lot of bad/lazy TV audio engineers.

Thanks.  I'm thinking it might be as simple as a better windscreen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.