GDT: 4/23/22 NY Islanders at Buffalo, 12:30pm MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

image.png.d6d5b74bb6617f58006e3fa076c609ca.png    VS   image.png.be9d59193fff9cdf94c58526c966b000.png

In a Saturday afternoon affair the Buffalo Sabres host the NY Islanders. Buffalo has won 4 of their last 5 games with the addition of their 1OA pick Owen Power. The Islanders on the other hand have lost 4 of their last 5 games. This will be the tie breaker between these 2 teams as each has won 1 and lost 1, Islanders won 4-1 in their 1st meeting while the Sabres won the 2nd meeting 6-3. The Islanders are led by Brock Nelson with 36 goals and 58 points, Mathew Barzal with 53 points and defenseman Noah Dobson with 45 points. Victor Olofsson has 23 points in his last 25 games including 13 goals, Jeff Skinner also has 23 points including 12 goals, Tage Thompson has 25 points in his last 25 games including 14 goals and Rasmus Dahlin has 18 points in this same time frame with 4 goals and 14 assists.

With the Sabres season about to end what will their Masterplan be moving forward??

Some interesting facts for Buffalo since their resurgence starting in March. They are 14-8-3 in that time period while being 16-30-8 beforehand. 

During this winning period they have 81 GF and 85 GA. They have scored 59 goals in the 14 wins for a 4.21 average While scoring 22 goals in their 11 losses/ties for a 2.0 average. In their losses/ties they have given up 52 goals for a 4.73 average. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 1

This is a game that the Sabres can win, to continue their feel good run.

In October, the Isles were touted as a possible Stanley Cup finalist and the Sabres were a bottom feeder. We’ve come a long way.

Dahlin with 2 points in a 4-2 victory. I’ll try and watch as much as possible, looks like rain this afternoon.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So from what I gather here, he's probably having some advanced neurosurgery and won't play again until 2026....

I don't believe Anderson will come back. I think he will retire and he will announce such at the end of the season so KA can get to work immediately finding his replacement. 

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't believe Anderson will come back. I think he will retire and he will announce such at the end of the season so KA can get to work immediately finding his replacement. 

KA should already be finding his replacement. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Islanders this season. 
• Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New York 6-3 in Buffalo on Feb. 15 
• The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games against the Islanders; 5-5-0 at home. 

• This is the 184th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 85-73-25 series record.
• The Sabres are 49-31-12 at home against the Islanders all-time.

• Since March 27, the Sabres' power play is ranked first in the NHL at 40 percent (14-for-35). 
• Buffalo has scored a goal on six of its 13 power plays over the team's last five games. 

• The Sabres are 9-for-28 (32.1 percent) on the power play against the Islanders since the start of the 2018-19 season (15 games). 
• Buffalo has scored a power-play goal in three of its last four games against New York. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.